OT - Where you live....

Old October 30th 03, 12:12 PM
Stephen Baker

Default OT - Where you live....

OK - so this is almost certainly old, but it is almost topical (see "Colorado")

YOU LIVE IN CALIFORNIA WHEN - -

1. You make over $250,000 and you still can't afford to buy a house.
2. The high school quarterback calls a time-out to answer his cell phone.
3. The fastest part of your commute is going down your driveway.
4. You know how to eat an artichoke.
5. You drive to your neighborhood block party.
6. Someone asks you how far away something is, you tell them how long it will
take to get there rather than how many miles away it is.

YOU LIVE IN NEW YORK WHEN - -

1. You say "the city" and expect everyone to know you mean Manhattan.
2. You have never been to the Statue of Liberty.
3. You can get into a 4-hour argument about how to get from Columbus Circle to
Battery Park, but can't find Wisconsin on a map.
4. You think Central Park is "nature."
5. You believe that being able to swear at people in their own language makes
you multilingual.
6. You've worn out a car horn.
7 You think eye contact is an act of aggression.

YOU LIVE IN ALASKA WHEN - -

1. You only have four spices: salt, pepper, ketchup and Tabasco.
2. Halloween costumes fit over parkas.
3. You have more than one recipe for moose.
4. Sexy lingerie is anything flannel with less than eight buttons.
5. The four seasons a winter, still winter, almost winter, and construction.

YOU LIVE IN THE DEEP SOUTH WHEN - -

1. You get a movie and bait in the same store.
2. "Ya'll" is singular and "all ya'll" is plural.
3. After fifteen years you still hear, "You ain't from 'round here, are ya?"
4. "He needed killin'" is a valid defense.
5. Everyone has 2 first names.

YOU LIVE IN COLORADO WHEN - -
1. You carry your $3,000 mountain bike atop your $500 car.
2. You tell your husband to pick up Granola on his way home, and he stops at
the Day Care Center.
3. A pass does not involve a football or dating.
4. The top of your head is bald, but you still have a ponytail.

YOU LIVE IN THE MIDWEST WHEN - -

1. You've never met any celebrities, but the mayor knows your name.
2. Your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars waiting to pass a tractor.
3. You have had to switch from "heat" to "A/C" on the same day.
4. You end sentences with a preposition: "Where's my coat at?"
5. When asked how your trip was to any exotic place, you say, "It was
different! "

YOU LIVE IN FLORIDA WHEN - -
1. You eat dinner at 3:15 in the afternoon.
2. All purchases include a coupon of some kind -- even houses and cars.
3. Everyone can recommend an excellent dermatologist.
4. Road construction never ends anywhere in the state.
5. Cars in front of you are often driven by headless people
6. You don't know how to vote

Stephen C. Baker - Yacht Designer
http://members.aol.com/SailDesign/pr...cbweb/home.htm
Old October 30th 03, 02:37 PM
Andrew Thorne

cute stuff snipped

YOU LIVE IN CONNECTICUT WHEN:
1. You make over $250,000 and you still can't afford to buy a house.
2. You say "the city" and expect everyone to know you mean Manhattan.
3. Directions to anything begin with "take the Post Road to..."
4. Your kids think Michael Bloomberg is their Mayor.
5.You can name the Lady Huskies starting lineup, their majors and GPA's, but
have never attended a professional sporting event.
6. You shower and put on nice clothes to go to the supermarket.

-Andrew
Old October 30th 03, 04:25 PM
BB

On 30 Oct 2003 12:12:29 GMT, Stephen Baker wrote:
OK - so this is almost certainly old, but it is almost topical
(see "Colorado")

YOU LIVE IN OREGON WHEN
1. You use the words 'sun breaks' and know what it means.
2. You know more than 10 words to describe a cup of coffee.
3. You know more people who own boats than air conditioners.
4. You consider swimming an indoor sport.
5. You consider something a "hill" (not a mountain) if it doesn't have
snow on it or has not recently erupted, regardless of its altitude.
6. In the winter, you go to work in the dark, come home in the dark, and
only have an 8 hour day.
7. You used to live somewhere else but won't admit it publicly

--
-BB-
To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)
Old October 30th 03, 04:25 PM
Mojo Deluxe

"Stephen Baker" wrote in message
mega snip
YOU LIVE IN THE DEEP SOUTH WHEN - -
1. You get a movie and bait in the same store.

It's a little place called 'Pride One Stop', about 5 miles from here.

Old October 30th 03, 04:43 PM
Jerry Everetts

Mojo Deluxe wrote:
"Stephen Baker" wrote in message
mega snip

YOU LIVE IN THE DEEP SOUTH WHEN - -
1. You get a movie and bait in the same store.

It's a little place called 'Pride One Stop', about 5 miles from here.

I though you could get bait and movies at just about any convienence
store. Not to mention tackle, sandwiches, chewing tobacco, beer,
hardware, and a tent. wouldn't be very convienent if you couldn't now
would it???

Old October 30th 03, 08:22 PM
Mojo Deluxe

"Jerry Everetts" wrote in message
Mojo Deluxe wrote:
"Stephen Baker" wrote in message
mega snip

YOU LIVE IN THE DEEP SOUTH WHEN - -
1. You get a movie and bait in the same store.

It's a little place called 'Pride One Stop', about 5 miles from here.

I though you could get bait and movies at just about any convienence
store. Not to mention tackle, sandwiches, chewing tobacco, beer,
hardware, and a tent. wouldn't be very convienent if you couldn't now
would it???

You've just described 'Powers Grocery', in Grangeville, about 7 miles the
other direction. When you walk in there, it's like going back in time.

In fact, it's where I got my 1-1/4" PVC to beat the bearing race onto my
fork. Try getting a 12" piece at a Lowes, or Home Depot.

Old October 31st 03, 02:36 AM
MPD Blue

Stephen Baker wrote:
YOU LIVE IN THE DEEP SOUTH WHEN - -

1. You get a movie and bait in the same store.
2. "Ya'll" is singular and "all ya'll" is plural.

I don't talk funny, y'all listen funny!!!!

--
John G. in Memphis, TN Have a nice......... night.
http://www.shavings.net/images/Memphis/reflect_john.jpg

Old October 31st 03, 03:51 AM
Stephen Baker

John G says:

I don't talk funny, y'all listen funny!!!!

John, we can ALL hear the Yankee under that fake Southern accent - keep
practicing in the bathroom till you get it right. ;-)

Steve - Yeah - like I can talk about accents......
Old October 31st 03, 07:22 AM
OrangeCountyCarl

"Stephen Baker" wrote in message
mega snip
YOU LIVE IN THE DEEP SOUTH WHEN - -
1. You get a movie and bait in the same store.

.....and can *still* find 8-Track tapes!

Old October 31st 03, 05:16 PM
Jerry Everetts

Mojo Deluxe wrote:

"Stephen Baker" wrote in message
mega snip

YOU LIVE IN THE DEEP SOUTH WHEN - -
1. You get a movie and bait in the same store.

It's a little place called 'Pride One Stop', about 5 miles from here.

I though you could get bait and movies at just about any convienence
store. Not to mention tackle, sandwiches, chewing tobacco, beer,
hardware, and a tent. wouldn't be very convienent if you couldn't now
would it???

You've just described 'Powers Grocery', in Grangeville, about 7 miles the
other direction. When you walk in there, it's like going back in time.

In fact, it's where I got my 1-1/4" PVC to beat the bearing race onto my
fork. Try getting a 12" piece at a Lowes, or Home Depot.

Over here it is called 'Kelly's' which is a Texaco Station, with a
grocery, and a sporting goods/ tackle store, and they sell live shrimp.
50 for $5.

Live and Learn Zoot Katz General 6 December 21st 03 04:26 AM
No wonder we have fat kids. Dave W Mountain Biking 102 November 25th 03 03:27 PM
Mountain biker in coma after fall, not expected to live DanTheMantisMan Mountain Biking 1 October 7th 03 12:29 PM
RR: Darkest Suburbia Stephen Baker Mountain Biking 20 July 31st 03 09:23 AM