Foxtel Digital AND Eurosport (TDF) Coverage

Old January 25th 04, 02:36 PM
waffle

Default Foxtel Digital AND Eurosport (TDF) Coverage

OK, lets get serious about cycling TV coverage. does anyone know whethe
Eurosport, and therefore live coverage of the TDF, etc, will b
introduced by Foxtel with the move to digital

-

Old January 25th 04, 03:51 PM
hemplands

waffle wrote:
OK, lets get serious about cycling TV coverage. does anyone know whether
Eurosport, and therefore live coverage of the TDF, etc, will be
introduced by Foxtel with the move to digital.

I haven't the faintest idea what coverage we're going to get, as
British Eurosport Viewer, we already have digital. We get the short en
of the straw at weekends with coverage as other sports like motorcyclin
get the bulk of airtime because of the revenue they bring in. (They eve
show hours of practices as well as races) This was highlighted at Paris
Roubaix last year, International had 5 hours coverage, and all BE ha
was from part of the Arenberg Forest to Roubaix. We saw the last 2k o
the Tour of Flanders. Then we get days missing completely, the Tour o
Switzerland BE broadcast none of the Saturday mountain stage. The Vuelt
on the last Saturday the Mountain Time trial, we got nothing. This wa
made even worse because it coincided with the Cycle Show in London an
Eurosport have a stand there and we were promised live coverage in th
programme. They showed gymastics, you know the ones with floatin
ribbons. Then the last one was the World Championship road race, in th
middle we had the Womens world cup final and it went into extra time

Many regret getting rid of the analogue systems which receiv
Eurosport International. I didn't have one, as I had On-Digital the
ITV Digital and now have Sky which gives us BE, but from the start o
this European cycling season I now have an analogue system courtesy o
my niece and partner

The other thing that digital Eurosport has is a 24hour news channel
and I've yet to find anyone who sits and watches it. It would be muc
better broadcasting Eurosport International on it. I pay enoug
subscription to Sky now but I'd be willing to pay more just to ge
decent coverage of cycling

-

Old January 25th 04, 11:34 PM
Steve Hubbard

--

There's no confirmation or even strong rumours yet of what we'll be getting
in Australia. Some 100+ channels have been identified as 'potentials' in a