Obree

Old February 23rd 05, 03:38 PM
Robert Chung

Default Obree

http://www.loye.co.uk/fullarton/ice_breaker_05.php

Note the chainring:
http://www.loye.co.uk/fullarton/iceb...reaker0054.jpg

and the results:
http://www.loye.co.uk/fullarton/iceb...r_20-02-05.pdf

Old February 23rd 05, 04:20 PM
Bill C

Robert Chung wrote:
http://www.loye.co.uk/fullarton/ice_breaker_05.php

Note the chainring:

http://www.loye.co.uk/fullarton/iceb...reaker0054.jpg

and the results:
http://www.loye.co.uk/fullarton/iceb...r_20-02-05.pdf

That makes my knees and quads ache just looking at it. Glad to see him
out having some fun though.
Bill C

Old February 23rd 05, 04:56 PM
McBurger

Thanks for posting!

Note the handle bars. Only a mono extension. I rigged one up on my bike
and rode it all last summer. Not too bad, but not as stable as a duel post
extension. Lot of people told me my bike looked like it had a penis
sticking out the front. Others said don't bend over in front of my bike.

MB

Old February 23rd 05, 10:21 PM
Laz

"Robert Chung" wrote in message
http://www.loye.co.uk/fullarton/ice_breaker_05.php

Note the chainring:
http://www.loye.co.uk/fullarton/iceb...reaker0054.jpg

and the results:
http://www.loye.co.uk/fullarton/iceb...r_20-02-05.pdf

Yeah thanx for the post; glad to see he ain't a vegetable.

Does anyone know if the glasglow couriers team are full time bike-couriers,
or just sponsored team members ( other occupation ?)

Old February 24th 05, 05:52 PM
Dave H

"Bill C" wrote in message
oups.com...

Robert Chung wrote:
http://www.loye.co.uk/fullarton/ice_breaker_05.php

Note the chainring:

http://www.loye.co.uk/fullarton/iceb...reaker0054.jpg

and the results:
http://www.loye.co.uk/fullarton/iceb...r_20-02-05.pdf

That makes my knees and quads ache just looking at it. Glad to see him
out having some fun though.
Bill C

Intersting to note how the botom bracket shell is shaved away too
Dave

Old February 25th 05, 01:28 AM
Bill C

Dave H wrote:

Intersting to note how the botom bracket shell is shaved away too
Dave

I missed that. Thanks.
With the mashing he's doing to push that big chainring(does anyone know
if he uses short cranks?) I'd be worried about removing that kind of
material. I wonder what kind of lifespan he's getting from a frame?
Can't make out the badge either, Raleigh maybe?
Hey Richie what's your take on this?
Bill C

Old February 25th 05, 01:55 AM
Carl Sundquist

"Bill C" wrote in message

Intersting to note how the botom bracket shell is shaved away too
Dave

I missed that. Thanks.
With the mashing he's doing to push that big chainring(does anyone know
if he uses short cranks?) I'd be worried about removing that kind of
material. I wonder what kind of lifespan he's getting from a frame?

While I don't see the purpose of the cutout, if it's a dedicated tt bike
it'll have a better lifespan than an overweight guy on a thin gauge steel
Bianchi.

Old February 25th 05, 03:39 AM
Bill C

Carl Sundquist wrote:
"Bill C" wrote in message

Intersting to note how the botom bracket shell is shaved away too
Dave

I missed that. Thanks.
With the mashing he's doing to push that big chainring(does anyone

know
if he uses short cranks?) I'd be worried about removing that kind

of
material. I wonder what kind of lifespan he's getting from a frame?

While I don't see the purpose of the cutout, if it's a dedicated tt

bike
it'll have a better lifespan than an overweight guy on a thin gauge

steel
Bianchi.

I don't own a Bianchi and my industrial lugged bikes have held up,
possibly because I'm afraid to ride some of the right now.
Seriously I'd be interested in how the torque Obree generates effects
the cut out bottom bracket. Screwing with the swingarm on performance
motorcyles really worries me. That's why I'm curious. One of my friends
who races a "historical" Norton had big problems with breaking swingarm
bolts and cracking welds in the arms when running modern performance
chains. That huge chainring and Obree's power are going to put a lot of
torque into that shell, but I'm sure you're right about the fat asses.
Bill C

Old February 25th 05, 05:37 AM
Carl Sundquist

http://snipurl.com/d1ig

Old February 25th 05, 03:17 PM
Andy Birko

"Ryan Cousineau" wrote in message
What I got:

http://www.kultbike.com/shop/wheels.html

Those don't look any more aero to me.

-Andy B.

Obree on BBC1: 'It's not me that's crazy...' Simon Brooke UK 16 February 13th 05 10:34 AM
Heads Up - Graeme Obree BBC1 Andrew Moray UK 16 January 27th 05 09:33 PM
Obree: I Salute you! Op UK 5 March 20th 04 01:45 PM
new obree hour attempt Dave UK 4 March 13th 04 10:45 PM
Graham Obree Garry Broad UK 13 September 25th 03 05:00 AM