Power meters jump the shark

Old December 19th 07, 02:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Power meters jump the shark

Look who's training with power now. I'll leave it to one of
you Masters Fatties to figure out whether he has an SRM or
Powertap from the pictu

http://www.slate.com/id/2180254/#Powerball

As she [Karr] describes it, Bush is obsessed with the metrics of
biking, closely measuring the miles traversed and the calories
burned. Recently, the president obtained a power meter, which
measures wattage, a way to quantify how much power a rider is
producing.
"It's been fun to watch him become a serious mountain biker," Karr
says. "He's going over logs. He's moving fast on some very
[winding] trails."

It's nice to see him making progress on something. Also, Chung
just threw up in his mouth and sold his Powertap on craigslist.

Ben
I train without power.

Old December 19th 07, 02:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Dec 18, 5:21 pm, "
wrote:
Also, Chung
just threw up in his mouth and sold his Powertap on craigslist.

Hmmm. Looks like he has disc brakes. That means it's not a Power Tap.
It also doesn't look like an SRM. It's possible it could be an Ergomo
even though it introduces an ideological problem: the Ergomo only
measures power from the left.
Old December 19th 07, 02:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Carl Sundquist

wrote in message
On Dec 18, 5:21 pm, "
wrote:
Also, Chung
just threw up in his mouth and sold his Powertap on craigslist.

Hmmm. Looks like he has disc brakes. That means it's not a Power Tap.
It also doesn't look like an SRM. It's possible it could be an Ergomo
even though it introduces an ideological problem: the Ergomo only
measures power from the left.

Did it ever occur to you that the editor who put the photo in doesn't give a
rat's ass about power meters and used an old photo?

Old December 19th 07, 03:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Robert Chung

On Dec 18, 5:56 pm, "Carl Sundquist" wrote:
wrote in message

On Dec 18, 5:21 pm, "
wrote:
Also, Chung
just threw up in his mouth and sold his Powertap on craigslist.

Hmmm. Looks like he has disc brakes. That means it's not a Power Tap.
It also doesn't look like an SRM. It's possible it could be an Ergomo
even though it introduces an ideological problem: the Ergomo only
measures power from the left.

Did it ever occur to you that the editor who put the photo in doesn't give a
rat's ass about power meters and used an old photo?

Yup, but I'm in denial. Work with me, here.
Old December 19th 07, 03:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article
,
Robert Chung wrote:

On Dec 18, 5:56 pm, "Carl Sundquist" wrote:
wrote in message

On Dec 18, 5:21 pm, "
wrote:
Also, Chung
just threw up in his mouth and sold his Powertap on craigslist.

Hmmm. Looks like he has disc brakes. That means it's not a Power Tap.
It also doesn't look like an SRM. It's possible it could be an Ergomo
even though it introduces an ideological problem: the Ergomo only
measures power from the left.

Did it ever occur to you that the editor who put the photo in doesn't give a
rat's ass about power meters and used an old photo?

Yup, but I'm in denial. Work with me, here.

It's true. He's been unable to update the Coalition Deaths chart for
months.

"My scenarios may give the impression I could be an excellent crook.
Not true - I am a talented lawyer." - Sandy in rec.bicycles.racing
Old December 19th 07, 03:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Dec 18, 6:29 pm, Ryan Cousineau wrote:

It's true. He's been unable to update the Coalition Deaths chart for
months.

Oh, I've been updating it. I've just been unable to do much posting to
rbr this semester.
Old December 19th 07, 08:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

rechungREMOVETHIS wrote:
Oh, I've been updating it. I've just been unable to do much posting to rbr
this semester.

Greg will be glad to hear you've had so much training time.

Old December 19th 07, 11:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Dec 19, 3:20 am, Robert Chung wrote:
On Dec 18, 5:56 pm, "Carl Sundquist" wrote:

wrote in message

On Dec 18, 5:21 pm, "
wrote:
Also, Chung
just threw up in his mouth and sold his Powertap on craigslist.

Hmmm. Looks like he has disc brakes. That means it's not a Power Tap.
It also doesn't look like an SRM. It's possible it could be an Ergomo
even though it introduces an ideological problem: the Ergomo only
measures power from the left.

Did it ever occur to you that the editor who put the photo in doesn't give a
rat's ass about power meters and used an old photo?

Yup, but I'm in denial. Work with me, here.

Maybe W is a lurker here in RBR.

Joseph
Old December 19th 07, 11:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

wrote:
Maybe W is a lurker here in RBR.

Which implies Chung can expect a CIA rendition squad
on his doorstep.

Shark called Calum cfsmtb Australia 2 September 24th 06 09:36 AM
Lance has officially jumped the shark [email protected] Racing 52 September 6th 06 08:17 PM
Fork rake and power meters [email protected] Techniques 1 February 5th 05 06:37 AM
Western Power Power House Rd who is a Janitor at the Muja Power Station in Australia. why is Marty Wallace m...@geo.­net.au calling people and post­ing at 3:05am Marty Wallace J­an 29, 3:05 am because he can'­t do it with the hooker that y­ou hear in [email protected] Racing 1 January 30th 05 09:30 PM
Western Power Power House Rd who is a Janitor at the Muja Power Station in Australia. why is Marty Wallace m...@geo.­net.au calling people and post­ing at 3:05am Marty Wallace J­an 29, 3:05 am because he can'­t do it with the hooker that y­ou hear in [email protected] Marketplace 1 January 30th 05 09:30 PM