Homeless in Seattle

Old April 27th 19, 02:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Homeless in Seattle

On 4/26/2019 6:39 PM, wrote:
On Friday, April 26, 2019 at 1:30:12 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I'm wondering why you're talking about the composition of the homeless when the CAUSE of homelessness is more people than housing and a large reason for that is illegal aliens.

Where on earth, or outer space, did you get that goofy idea? Despite the name "homelessness" it does not really have anything to do with not having a physical place to live. There are many organizations and places in the USA where people can find shelter. Its not easy, but it is there. The CAUSE of homelessness is usually, almost always, a mental problem with the person. The mental problem causes them to not be able to hold a job or function in normal society. So being homeless is one way to get out of normal society. Not have to interact with people. Drugs, alcohol, depression etc. are the usual causes of homelessness. And all these affect the mentality of the person.

A Google search says there are about 11 million illegal immigrants in the USA. If there are 330 million people in the US, then illegals are about 3.33% of the total. Not very many. And a large majority of the illegals live in just a few large US cities. DFW, Houston, NY, LA, Atlanta, Miami, Chicago, DC. There are illegals everywhere in the US, but very, very small numbers everywhere but in these few large cities. So the illegals would take one apartment, house out of every thousand or ten thousand.

Apologies for two replies to this but I just turned the page
in my newspaper to find Senator Johnson's item today:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/failed-...re-11556232571

He cites 'Yale researchers' [unnamed] who estimate a range
of 16 to 29 million but he, and they, note the number is not
actually known.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old April 27th 19, 02:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

On Fri, 26 Apr 2019 16:39:02 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

[...]

The problem is that all the numbers, or at least all the numbers I
found, were "estimates" and most of them varied from other estimates.

But all illegal's aren't the down and outers that people imagine. My
wife's nephew was an illegal immigrant. He went to the U.S. for
collage, married a Thai girl who was also attending collage and after
graduation they just stayed and opened a Thai restaurant. When the
wife got pregnant they made sure that they were in the U.S. when the
baby (new U.S. citizen) was born and than applied for residence
permits as the parents of a U.S. citizen.

I believe now they have completed all the requirements for citizenship
and are probably now legal citizens.
--
cheers,

John B.

Old April 27th 19, 02:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 4/26/2019 8:47 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 4/26/2019 7:35 PM, Joy Beeson wrote:
On Fri, 26 Apr 2019 11:47:48 +0700, John B.
wrote:

But Beans by Louis Freyfus? What ever happened to Heinz?

http://www.ldclaypool.com/index.cfm?show=10&mid=8

The first two letters in that URL stand for Louis Dreyfus.
I call burning food a scandal.Â* Trendy people call it "saving the
Earth".

A hundred years from now, people will read with amazement that we paid
farmers to grow corn and paid distillers to turn it to alcohol and paid
refiners to mix it with perfectly good gasoline, all to make something
with lower energy density and more pollution per mile than actual gasoline.

I just fixed a friend's small four-stroke engine by replacing the
carburetor for him. I strongly suspect that the real villain was the
blended fuel.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old April 27th 19, 07:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

wrote:

[...]

Gads, not another Thai restaurant! I probably eat as much Thai food as you. Well, maybe not that much, but I eat a lot.

TK was claiming that the illegals created homeless citizens and not that the illegals are the homeless -- at least as I understand his post. This is unlikely with a 4% unemployment rates. ****ty jobs for everyone! Legal rental markets are perfectly equivocal about citizenship. It's all about dollars, credit and criminal history, and when the market gets tight, rents rise and tenants are forced out based on economics and not citizenship -- every minimum wage earner gets booted to outer ****holia where rents are still affordable. The place where I could see a difference is with illegal rentals where the owner believes -- correctly or not -- that an illegal is less likely to rat him out or make a habitability claim because the garage is too cold. Technically, though, those rentals shouldn't be on the market or counted as part of the rental market. And conversely, the private markets -- one room in a house or an ADU -- tend to be very selective. Ladies rent to ladies, etc. and all marketing is word of mouth. There is a low change an illegal alien will get one of those places.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old April 29th 19, 02:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Friday, April 26, 2019 at 6:53:19 PM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
On 4/26/2019 6:39 PM, wrote:

A Google search says there are about 11 million illegal immigrants in the USA. If there are 330 million people in the US, then illegals are about 3.33% of the total. Not very many. And a large majority of the illegals live in just a few large US cities. DFW, Houston, NY, LA, Atlanta, Miami, Chicago, DC. There are illegals everywhere in the US, but very, very small numbers everywhere but in these few large cities. So the illegals would take one apartment, house out of every thousand or ten thousand.

I don't know and you don't either but that well worn "11
million" number hasn't changed in twenty years. Recent
estimates are in the 25 to 35 million range. Again I don't
know but I'll bet real money that the number is larger than
the 11 million who were here in 1998.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Believe it or not, this is the first time I ever did a Google search on illegal immigration population in the USA. So yes I don't know how correct or not the number is. But I think my 3.33% of the USA population is probably correct. I know everyone on TV and the internet screams their head off about all the illegal immigrants, or just immigrants. But when I go about my normal day, I don't see any. And I doubt you do either in Madison. I live in Des Moines. You in Madison. Des Moines is far and away the biggest city in Iowa. Not sure if Madison or Milwaukee is biggest in Wisconsin. So in the biggest or almost biggest cities in the states, I would think we would see a lot of immigrants. Biggest populations, biggest number of immigrants.

25 to 35 million is 7.6% to 10.6% of the 330 million people in the USA. So 1 in 13 to 1 in 10 people in the USA is an immigrant. Seems really high to me. When you go to stores or the park or downtown or to a restaurant or look at workers in shops, do you see 1 in 10 or 1 in 13 looking like an immigrant? I don't when I go around town.
Old April 29th 19, 02:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Friday, April 26, 2019 at 7:59:42 PM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
On 4/26/2019 6:39 PM, wrote:
[...]

16 and 29 million immigrants equals 4.85% and 8.8% of the 330 million USA population. OK on the 16 million. That is 1 in 20 people I see is an immigrant. Seems a bit high, but maybe, maybe. The 29 million is 1 in 11 people is an immigrant. Very high. Is 1 in 11 of the people walking in to your shop an immigrant? Is 1 in 11 customers at the grocery store an immigrant?
Old April 29th 19, 03:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:

[...]

Depends on your neighborhood. Iowa in particular has seen
mass immigration raids in packing plants in recent years
(over both administrations).

There are certainly more illegals in Madison than twenty
years ago and it's very noticeable, especially among small
employers who talk to each other more than to the taxing
authorities. (I'm suburban or exurban now but still have
friends in business in the city). Illegals ask for cash
work, which isn't always possible or reasonable at any price.

Let me be clear that I, like almost all USAians, welcome
legal immigrants. I'm not so big on MS-13, Chinese PLA
agents or slavers.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/seattle...ed-2019-03-09/

Old April 29th 19, 03:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:
[...]

Which is exactly why you and I found a search for good
numbers difficult. You just did it yourself, conflated
immigration with illegal aliens, two utterly different
things comprising two very different sorts of people with
often radically different goals, behavior and standards.

Remember the immigrant citizen, Cpl Singh?
https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2018...islaus-county/

Murdered by a multiple felon illegal and his illegal
criminal associates, members of Sureno.

Mr Singh followed the rules, studied for his naturalization,
became an American citizen like us, paid his taxes, started
a family but had the misfortune to run into the results of
idiot 'sanctuary' abetting. Or as Ms Pelosi said of MS-13,
'a child of God'.

Old April 29th 19, 07:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:
[...]

Yes some illegal immigrants kill other people. Just like the 19 year old white Caucasian 19 year old teenager killed one woman and injured three in the Jewish synagogue in California on Saturday. Of course he was an American citizen. And the Las Vegas concert killer a year or two or three ago who murdered 50 or so people from his hotel room was an American. Or the Australian man who killed 50 people in the mosque in New Zealand recently. Killers, murderers, don't fit into orderly racial, national, religious boxes. They come from every category.
Old April 29th 19, 08:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:

[...]

Yep, about 11 years ago in Postville, Iowa the immigration agency arrested 400 immigrants at the meat packing plant. Its close to Wisconsin. But every year or two there is an immigration raid somewhere in Iowa.

I found this quote/news story kind of funny. "Postville's Jews flocked to the synagogue in the wake of news that Sholom Rubashkin, former owner of the local meatpacking plant who was imprisoned after a 2008 immigration raid at his kosher food processor, had been released by President Donald Trump." Apparently Trump thinks the boss who hires the illegal immigrants is innocent. But the illegal immigrants should be whipped, jailed, tortured. Kind of funny, in a sick way.

There are certainly more illegals in Madison than twenty
years ago and it's very noticeable, especially among small
employers who talk to each other more than to the taxing
authorities. (I'm suburban or exurban now but still have
friends in business in the city). Illegals ask for cash
work, which isn't always possible or reasonable at any price.

Let me be clear that I, like almost all USAians, welcome
legal immigrants. I'm not so big on MS-13, Chinese PLA
agents or slavers.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/seattle...ed-2019-03-09/

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Should America Euthanize the Old People and Homeless? Rod Speed Social Issues 0 March 1st 11 04:23 PM
Should America Euthanize the Old People and Homeless? Rod Speed Recumbent Biking 0 March 1st 11 04:23 PM
Should America Euthanize the Old People and Homeless? His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign[_2_] UK 0 February 10th 11 09:38 PM
Homeless in Moab paco Unicycling 2 March 20th 06 05:56 AM
Homeless Singletrack [email protected] Mountain Biking 6 December 29th 04 04:55 PM