Difference in weights.

Old March 18th 04, 05:34 PM
Simon Mason

Default Difference in weights.

I've just weighed my all up hybrid with lock, saddlebag, lights etc and it
comes in at a whopping 42 lbs. I then weighed the new road bike I've just
got as I'm going to review it and put a ride report together vs. the hybrid
and it is 22 lbs.

I shall be heading for the hills when we get the next sunny day, although
given that it's only got 2 chainrings it might be a bit of a struggle
lighter weight or not.
The nascent story is here for anyone interested.

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/page473.htm

Pictures are bit rubbish at the moment as I've only got a cheapo digicam
(film is not developed yet). The 54cm frame is a bit small for me (6ft 2in)
and the saddle is as far as it's safe to extend. Another thing is certain -
loads of punctures. Schwalbe Marathons they aint!

Simon M.

Old March 18th 04, 05:43 PM
Simon Mason

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
The nascent story is here for anyone interested.

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/page473.htm

Don't bother yet, there's all sorts of ebay crap in the html as I found out
by viewing in Opera - I'll get rid of it now.

Simon M

Old March 18th 04, 05:57 PM
Peter B

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
I've just weighed my all up hybrid with lock, saddlebag, lights etc and it
comes in at a whopping 42 lbs. I then weighed the new road bike I've just
got as I'm going to review it and put a ride report together vs. the

hybrid
and it is 22 lbs.

Ooh, yer'rin for a right treat when you ride that, chap.
--
Regards,
Pete

Old March 18th 04, 06:38 PM
Zog The Undeniable

Simon Mason wrote:

I've just weighed my all up hybrid with lock, saddlebag, lights etc and it
comes in at a whopping 42 lbs. I then weighed the new road bike I've just
got as I'm going to review it and put a ride report together vs. the hybrid
and it is 22 lbs.

With pedals? My road bike is 19.8lb without pedals, so it probably
comes out about the same. It's bog-standard 531 in 22"/56cm.

Scarily, my mountain bike is about the same weight with slicks.

http://www.peeble.com/bikes/bikes.htm

Old March 18th 04, 06:40 PM
Jon Senior

Have you ever ridden Campag before? I'd be intrigued to see what you think
of them if not. Although as you only have two chainrings, your experiences
might not be as bizarre as mine. Looks cool though. Saddle height vs
handlebar height marks it out as a sprinter. See if you can get your photo
taken by one of them there roadside cameras. You may even be able to get a
copy of it and get it framed!

Jon

Old March 18th 04, 06:45 PM
Zog The Undeniable

Simon Mason wrote:

Don't bother yet, there's all sorts of ebay crap in the html as I found out
by viewing in Opera - I'll get rid of it now.

OMG! Your cats are identical to mine...btw, the wall has been rebuilt now.

http://www.peeble.com/rubbish/wall5.jpg
Old March 18th 04, 06:47 PM
Simon Mason

"Zog The Undeniable" wrote in message
Simon Mason wrote:

I've just weighed my all up hybrid with lock, saddlebag, lights etc and

it
comes in at a whopping 42 lbs. I then weighed the new road bike I've

just
got as I'm going to review it and put a ride report together vs. the

hybrid
and it is 22 lbs.

With pedals? My road bike is 19.8lb without pedals, so it probably
comes out about the same. It's bog-standard 531 in 22"/56cm.

Scarily, my mountain bike is about the same weight with slicks.

http://www.peeble.com/bikes/bikes.htm

With pedals, pump, bottle cages and toe clips, although I used a set of
bathroom scales and deducted my weight so it's probably not that accurate.
They've only got 2lb divisions anyway. Could do with some angling scales.

Simon M

Old March 18th 04, 06:51 PM
Simon Mason

"Jon Senior" wrote in message
Have you ever ridden Campag before? I'd be intrigued to see what you think
of them if not. Although as you only have two chainrings, your experiences
might not be as bizarre as mine. Looks cool though. Saddle height vs
handlebar height marks it out as a sprinter. See if you can get your photo
taken by one of them there roadside cameras. You may even be able to get a
copy of it and get it framed!

Only when I was a teenager in the 1970's when Campag was more or less
standard. I'll remember to include thoughts about the gear shifting in the
review as I've never used these "brake lever shifters" before either.

Simon M

Old March 18th 04, 06:57 PM
Simon Mason

Simon Mason wrote:

Don't bother yet, there's all sorts of ebay crap in the html as I found

out
by viewing in Opera - I'll get rid of it now.

OMG! Your cats are identical to mine...btw, the wall has been rebuilt

now.

http://www.peeble.com/rubbish/wall5.jpg

I wish ours could go outside. I had one run over a while ago by a bus and
now they stay in all the time. I made a pen for them in the garden out of
chicken wire which they use in the summer.
Simon M

Old March 18th 04, 07:00 PM
Simon Mason

Simon Mason wrote:

I've just weighed my all up hybrid with lock, saddlebag, lights etc and

it
comes in at a whopping 42 lbs. I then weighed the new road bike I've

just
got as I'm going to review it and put a ride report together vs. the

hybrid
and it is 22 lbs.

With pedals? My road bike is 19.8lb without pedals, so it probably
comes out about the same. It's bog-standard 531 in 22"/56cm.

Scarily, my mountain bike is about the same weight with slicks.

http://www.peeble.com/bikes/bikes.htm

Very nice bikes indeed. That Cannondale is in remarkable nick after 11
years.

Simon M.