I'm a hopeless one.

Old August 21st 04, 11:12 PM
darchibald

I taught my fourteen year old cousin how to ride a bike in 5 minutes
last week and she is as stubborn as a bag of hammers. Just go for it.
Try kicking off the ground first before you start to pedal. It's easier
to balance with more speed.

David

--
darchibald - Unofficial level 4.6

"Testacles still intact" ~ My mom's reaction after watching me do a
suicide mount.
darchibald's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6240

Old August 21st 04, 11:52 PM
jsm

If you want to try to improve your general balancing ability, try
learning to balance objects on your hand or face. It is really not that
hard to learn, especially if you start with something long and heavy,
such as a broom or cue stick. Just set the object on your hand, upright,
let go of it with your other hand, and move your hand back and forth and
from side to side as necessary to keep the object balanced. Keep your
eyes focused on the top. You could also try balancing the object on your
chin, nose, or forehead. Although it is harder at first, it is easier in
the long run. I think the balancing abilities you would learn this way
would probably transfer to unicycling at least a little bit. Its fun in
any case.

Jonathan

By the way, I can understand your fear of cars. Anything with that many
wheels is way to complicated.

--
jsm - unicyclist, violinist, and juggler

"You did that hill easier than I could on a bicycle"- Some lady while
passing me after an insignificant slope which I hardly noticed.
jsm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6911