Flat tire today...

Old April 26th 05, 03:09 PM
rdclark

Default Flat tire today...

....on my car. I had to drive the damn thing to work to haul some
equipment, and picked up a nail.

Do they make Conti Top Touring 2000's for cars? I've never had a flat
with those!

RichC

Old April 26th 05, 03:35 PM
Dave Larrington

rdclark wrote:
...on my car. I had to drive the damn thing to work to haul some
equipment, and picked up a nail.

Do they make Conti Top Touring 2000's for cars? I've never had a flat
with those!

Be advised that on both occasions that the P+nct+r+ Fairy has visited my
motorcar, it was shold with Continentals...

Every establishment needs an opposition.

Old April 26th 05, 10:57 PM
Zoot Katz

26 Apr 2005 07:09:45 -0700,
.com,
"rdclark" wrote:

...on my car. I had to drive the damn thing to work to haul some
equipment, and picked up a nail.

Do they make Conti Top Touring 2000's for cars? I've never had a flat
with those!

I visualise trying to change a car tire vs a bike tire, on one leg.
Bike wins.
--
zk
Old April 27th 05, 12:10 AM
Neil Brooks

Zoot Katz wrote:

I visualise trying to change a car tire vs a bike tire, on one leg.
Bike wins.

How is that whole "one leg" thing going???
Old April 27th 05, 01:49 AM
Patrick Lamb

On 26 Apr 2005 07:09:45 -0700, "rdclark" wrote:

...on my car. I had to drive the damn thing to work to haul some
equipment, and picked up a nail.

Do they make Conti Top Touring 2000's for cars? I've never had a flat
with those!

Did you use a frame pump or an inflator? How many CO2 cartridges toes
a car tire take?

Email address works as is.
Old April 27th 05, 03:04 AM
Zoot Katz

Tue, 26 Apr 2005 23:10:46 GMT,
,
Neil Brooks wrote:

Zoot Katz wrote:

I visualise trying to change a car tire vs a bike tire, on one leg.
Bike wins.

How is that whole "one leg" thing going???

It's been great. Beautiful weather, lots of friends out riding around,
stopping by to cook us dinner, bringing me groceries and goodies,
hangin' out. Been not too bad. except for the pain so we take medicine
for that. It helps a good deal.

The x-ray last Thursday (day 12) didn't show any bridging of the bone
yet but I was assured that's not unusual. The leg is finally beginning
to look better instead of worse. The bruising is dissipated. It's
painful to stretch the limits of extension. Leg lifts gimme a
distinctly metallic knee pain. My quads must be about half gone.
Ankle doesn't work very well yet. Hopefully it will when the swelling
goes down. I've got out the word for a stationary bike. One will
manifest when I'm ready for it.

http://www.mcthree.ca/dale/index.htm
--
zk
Old April 27th 05, 03:20 AM
Neil Brooks

Zoot Katz wrote:

Tue, 26 Apr 2005 23:10:46 GMT,
,
Neil Brooks wrote:

Zoot Katz wrote:

I visualise trying to change a car tire vs a bike tire, on one leg.
Bike wins.

How is that whole "one leg" thing going???

It's been great. Beautiful weather, lots of friends out riding around,
stopping by to cook us dinner, bringing me groceries and goodies,
hangin' out. Been not too bad. except for the pain so we take medicine
for that. It helps a good deal.

Better living through chemistry....

The x-ray last Thursday (day 12) didn't show any bridging of the bone
yet but I was assured that's not unusual. The leg is finally beginning
to look better instead of worse. The bruising is dissipated. It's
painful to stretch the limits of extension. Leg lifts gimme a
distinctly metallic knee pain. My quads must be about half gone.
Ankle doesn't work very well yet. Hopefully it will when the swelling
goes down. I've got out the word for a stationary bike. One will
manifest when I'm ready for it.

http://www.mcthree.ca/dale/index.htm

The body's capacity to heal is mucking refarkable. The issue is
passing the time while it does its thing. I'm glad you're keeping
yourself amused.

Any point in taking calcium to remind the bones of just what it is
you're expecting of them? And Vitamins E and C to promote healing.
And Glucosamine to keep the joints in line for the day when their
orders come in??

And are you drinking enough *good* beer to (potentiate the narcotics)?
Trust me on this one...

Take care of yourself....
Old April 27th 05, 03:55 AM
Rich Clark

"Patrick Lamb" wrote in message
On 26 Apr 2005 07:09:45 -0700, "rdclark" wrote:

...on my car. I had to drive the damn thing to work to haul some
equipment, and picked up a nail.

Do they make Conti Top Touring 2000's for cars? I've never had a flat
with those!

Did you use a frame pump or an inflator? How many CO2 cartridges toes
a car tire take?

I dug out my 12-volt tire pump, but it took me a minute to figure out how a
shraeder valve works.

At the gas station, the process of drilling out the nail hole and plugging
it with that ropy stuff made me think that I should have a patch kit in my
car like I do in my bike bag. It was really very fast and easy, and worked
great.

RichC

Old April 28th 05, 08:13 PM
Zoot Katz

Wed, 27 Apr 2005 02:20:02 GMT,
, Neil Brooks
wrote:

Been not too bad. except for the pain so we take medicine
for that. It helps a good deal.

Better living through chemistry....

Herbal preparation. Quite primitive, actually. Doesn't leave you numb
or constipated like codeine and is surprisingly effective for managing
pain. Cheap too considering that no matter how hard you try, you just
can't grow Tylenol-3 on your windowsill.
--
zk
Old April 28th 05, 08:33 PM
Neil Brooks

Zoot Katz wrote:

Wed, 27 Apr 2005 02:20:02 GMT,
, Neil Brooks
wrote:

Been not too bad. except for the pain so we take medicine
for that. It helps a good deal.

Better living through chemistry....

Herbal preparation. Quite primitive, actually. Doesn't leave you numb
or constipated like codeine and is surprisingly effective for managing
pain. Cheap too considering that no matter how hard you try, you just
can't grow Tylenol-3 on your windowsill.

If I started with the peace sign gesture in your in-hospital picture,
then made a couple of quick, baseless, inferential steps from there .
.. . would I be on the right track?

I'm always looking for alternatives....