A cycle facility Dan will approve of

Old May 23rd 14, 01:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default A cycle facility Dan will approve of

Here's a cycle facility Dan will approve of:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pete.me...vember2010.htm

Andre Jute
Toujours l'audace
Old May 23rd 14, 03:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Thursday, May 22, 2014 5:55:33 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
Here's a cycle facility Dan will approve of:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pete.me...vember2010.htm

Yawn. We already have one. http://tinyurl.com/ojwhl7a

We also have bicycle elevators. Take that Belarus!

http://tinyurl.com/qzczo7p

The one along my commute route: http://tinyurl.com/nh39473
From top:http://tinyurl.com/ps5qk7j

-- Jay Beattie.
Old May 23rd 14, 04:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 5/23/2014 10:31 AM, jbeattie wrote:
On Thursday, May 22, 2014 5:55:33 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
Here's a cycle facility Dan will approve of:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pete.me...vember2010.htm

Yawn. We already have one. http://tinyurl.com/ojwhl7a

We also have bicycle elevators. Take that Belarus!

http://tinyurl.com/qzczo7p

The one along my commute route: http://tinyurl.com/nh39473
From top:http://tinyurl.com/ps5qk7j

Your city must have a LOT of extra money lying around!

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old May 23rd 14, 05:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

From top:http://tinyurl.com/ps5qk7j

Your city must have a LOT of extra money lying around!

--

- Frank Krygowski

Your federal tax dollars at work, baby! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibbs_S...estrian_Bridge

We paid 10% -- and with our Team Performance, REI rebates and coupons, it was practically free!.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old May 23rd 14, 05:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 5/23/2014 9:10 AM, jbeattie wrote:

snip

Your federal tax dollars at work, baby! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibbs_S...estrian_Bridge

We paid 10% -- and with our Team Performance, REI rebates and coupons, it was practically free!.

Only $6.7 million!

Ours was nearly $15 million
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Avenue_Bridge and we don't have any
elevators.

These projects, while expensive, at least result in something that is
useful. Better than spending the money invading some third world country
on trumped up, false, pretenses. This crossing was originally supposed
to be a regular road crossing but the neighborhoods on both sides really
didn't want that built.

Amusingly, one area of opposition to the bicycle-pedestrian bridge was
the neighborhood on the south side which was worried that the high
school boundaries would be redrawn and they'd have to send their kids to
the now easily accessible Homestead High School instead of the more
distant Monta Vista High School. Stupid, because the reality is that
Homestead is a much better school in many ways, even though Steve Jobs
went there.

Old May 23rd 14, 09:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Friday, May 23, 2014 3:31:39 PM UTC+1, jbeattie wrote:
On Thursday, May 22, 2014 5:55:33 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:

Here's a cycle facility Dan will approve of:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pete.me...vember2010.htm

Yawn. We already have one. http://tinyurl.com/ojwhl7a

We also have bicycle elevators. Take that Belarus!

http://tinyurl.com/qzczo7p

The one along my commute route: http://tinyurl.com/nh39473

From top:http://tinyurl.com/ps5qk7j

-- Jay Beattie.

Intersting skyways. But real cyclists would ride up the steps, not slob up the elevator.

Andre Jute

Cycle facility safety Lily[_2_] UK 12 June 1st 07 04:53 PM
help me design a cycle facility Ian Smith UK 39 January 30th 07 10:02 PM
Recent cycle facility Improvements. Martin Dann UK 3 November 27th 06 09:27 PM
cycle facility website group Mike Causer UK 0 August 10th 06 02:56 PM
DfT 'cycle facility' consultation. Last Chance to respond! Howard UK 6 August 11th 04 08:32 PM