Cyclists waste petrol

Old September 9th 18, 09:32 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Peter Keller[_3_]

Default Cyclists waste petrol

On 09/09/18 00:51, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
*******s

Thanks greatly for that excellent compliment coming from YOU.
Especially as it comes from YOU.

And I have no ****ing interest in looking good in YOUR eyes.
After all I ride a bicycle.
And we all know what YOU think of bicyclists. You think they are the
****witted pits of humanity.
And because it is YOU who think that, that is an extremely great
compliment.
We must be doing something right.

Old September 9th 18, 09:33 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 09/09/18 03:20, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
It's "breathe".

Sew hwot yew pedent.
Old September 9th 18, 09:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 09/09/18 08:58, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
Pedantic ****wit.

Thanks greatly for that EXCELLENT compliment cumming from you.
Now please ejaculate to me the further honour of being a fiend and a
sniveling coward.

It really is a very great compliment to be called a ****wit by YOU.
Especially by YOU.
Old September 9th 18, 09:43 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 09/09/18 08:57, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sat, 08 Sep 2018 21:01:59 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
When a cyclist uses a busy road, he slows down all the cars, making
them less efficient, using a lower gear, overtaking, changing speed,
etc.* So you *******s aren't green at all.

Prick.

Cyclist lover.* Pounder likes seeing their buttocks gyrating in lycra.

yes and when the lycra slips ....
Old September 9th 18, 11:24 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Bob Eager[_2_]

On Sat, 08 Sep 2018 23:33:41 +0100, TMS320 wrote:

On 08/09/18 13:51, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

When a cyclist uses a busy road, he slows down all the cars, making
them less efficient, using a lower gear, overtaking, changing speed,
etc.* So you *******s aren't green at all.

So a cyclist just causes petrol to be used that they would have used had
they gone by car. Except not as much.

Alternatively, with more cars are on the roads you have to wait longer
at junctions. Sitting stationary isn't free.

Uses a microscopic amount of fuel if you have auto-stop.

Old September 9th 18, 11:52 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
The Natural Philosopher[_2_]

On 09/09/18 11:24, Bob Eager wrote:
On Sat, 08 Sep 2018 23:33:41 +0100, TMS320 wrote:

On 08/09/18 13:51, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

When a cyclist uses a busy road, he slows down all the cars, making
them less efficient, using a lower gear, overtaking, changing speed,
etc.* So you *******s aren't green at all.

So a cyclist just causes petrol to be used that they would have used had
they gone by car. Except not as much.

Alternatively, with more cars are on the roads you have to wait longer
at junctions. Sitting stationary isn't free.

Uses a microscopic amount of fuel if you have auto-stop.

Uses significant amounts getting back up to speed.

Take a 1 tonne car at 30 mph (13m/s). mks system makes the KE 500* 13^2
= 84,500 J or about 6cc of diesel at 33% efficiency.

Each stop is costing you about 1p

--
“it should be clear by now to everyone that activist environmentalism
about their freedom, about the relationship between the individual and

Vaclav Klaus
Old September 9th 18, 12:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Bob Eager[_2_]

On Sun, 09 Sep 2018 11:52:07 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 09/09/18 11:24, Bob Eager wrote:
On Sat, 08 Sep 2018 23:33:41 +0100, TMS320 wrote:

On 08/09/18 13:51, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

When a cyclist uses a busy road, he slows down all the cars, making
them less efficient, using a lower gear, overtaking, changing speed,
etc.* So you *******s aren't green at all.

So a cyclist just causes petrol to be used that they would have used
had they gone by car. Except not as much.

Alternatively, with more cars are on the roads you have to wait longer
at junctions. Sitting stationary isn't free.

Uses a microscopic amount of fuel if you have auto-stop.

Uses significant amounts getting back up to speed.

Take a 1 tonne car at 30 mph (13m/s). mks system makes the KE 500* 13^2
= 84,500 J or about 6cc of diesel at 33% efficiency.

Each stop is costing you about 1p

That may be, but a different cost to sitting stationary.

Old September 9th 18, 12:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

On Sun, 09 Sep 2018 02:13:35 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 08 Sep 2018 23:20:05 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 09/08/2018 12:23 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sat, 08 Sep 2018 19:11:17 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 09/08/2018 06:51 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
When a cyclist uses a busy road, he slows down all the cars, making
them
less efficient, using a lower gear, overtaking, changing speed, etc.
So
you *******s aren't green at all.

Around here they just run over the cyclists. If the F350 doesn't get
them the horse trailer will..

I'm becoming a pussy in my old age and really like dedicated bike
paths.
Sharing narrow, shoulderless roads with traffic isn't my thing anymore.

Sharing them when there's a cycle path right next to the bloody road is
insanity, yet they all do it around here.

I've seen that. They are usually dressed in gaily colored Lycra to boot.

They're all homosexuals.

Says the poofter that shaves its legs.

Preference for hair is not equal to preference for sex.

I wear the same clothes as I would when out walking.

Which is no clothes at all.

True, but if cycling through town, I'd wear shorts and tshirt. Not close fitting lycra and hi vis safety ****.
Old September 9th 18, 12:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

On Sun, 09 Sep 2018 03:47:43 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 09/08/2018 05:49 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

The BMW motorcycle riders tend to be more of the same. The club came
through town and there were several arrests and one fatality iirc. When
the Hells Angels came here on vacation there were many arrests -- all of
local kids protesting the cops treatment of them. The police chief got
fired over that fiasco. Turns out you can't import out of state cops to
swell your ranks in this state.

Why did the pigs arrest them?

The BMW riders? Mostly for being drunken assholes.

The kids? The cops, especially the imported cops from St. George UT,
were being assholes.

Cops are always assholes.

It was a hot summer night and the kids had an
impromptu demo protesting the cops' attitude. The local cops could have
defused the situation but the Utah idiots went full Mormon roughing the
kids up and arresting them. They even managed to beat up a reporter for
the local independent paper.

In the UK the cops are in fear of being done for assault. They're always very polite and behave like girls. It's quite funny arguing with a traffic cop, they let you insult them.

The Mormons would take the kids to the jail and kick them out with no
paperwork so it was a complete cluster**** at the jail.

The Angels had rented a ski area outside of town so they quietly motored
off and went to bed or at least stayed out of the fracas.

I was having an espresso at the Raven and sitting out at a sidewalk
table. A couple of Angels got a coffee and sat down beside me. I
detected a distinct odor of Shower To Shower. Angels just ain't what
they used to be.

ROFL!
Old September 9th 18, 12:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

On Sun, 09 Sep 2018 03:51:00 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 09/08/2018 05:51 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
Probably a lot more. I measured my fuel consumption when I had a VW
Golf with a real time readout of miles per gallon. It was surprising
how much difference you could make by changing speed.

The consumption in my Toyota goes all to hell at 85. It still gets
around 29-30 mpg but it definitely isn't economy mode.

My Golf auto was fine up to about 50, then I lost 5mpg every 10mph. So (for a short time - it lasted one day of driving going on holiday, then I got fed up), I drove at no more than 50mph. Lorries were overtaking and honking at me for holding them up (they're limited to 56). It took ****ing ages to get to my destination. I gave up after that and went back to 98 to get there twice as fast (100 gets your license removed if caught).

This is what cyclists waste tax payers' money on James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] UK 123 February 12th 17 11:08 PM
Another waste of effort Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 2 September 21st 11 09:56 AM
So here is some total waste Anton Berlin Racing 6 August 4th 09 05:05 AM
Wot a waste [email protected] UK 11 February 28th 08 09:24 AM
Probably a waste of my time but its my time to waste Jeff Grippe Recumbent Biking 78 January 18th 07 12:30 AM