Join us for the Brecon Festival of Adventure and Exploration 31st Oct - 2nd Nov 2003

Old October 25th 03, 09:23 PM
Susannah Pritchard

Default Join us for the Brecon Festival of Adventure and Exploration 31st Oct - 2nd Nov 2003

Brecon Festival of Adventure and Exploration
31st Oct - 2nd Nov 03
www.breconfestival.co.uk
Join us in a celebration of international adventure and exploration at Brecon next weekend.

We have an impressive line up of speakers on adventure and expedition encompassing climbing, caving, canoeing, polar and desert, and ocean.Sir Ernest Shackleton's granddaughter Alexandra Shackelton, extreme white water paddler Paul "Skinny" Jones, the first woman to make both Poles, Caroline Hamilton, George Band, member of the 1953 successful ascent of Everest, Peter Bray, epic sea paddler, Doug Scott, inspirational mountaineer, Kurt Diemberger, legendary explorer/film-maker and the only person alive to have made first ascents of two 8,000m mountains, Martyn Farr, the world's most experienced cave diver, Brian Milton aeronautical pioneer, Trevor Potts, John Thomas, Jim Hargreaves, Alan Hinkes, Brummie Stomes and many more.

There are not only lectures at the festival but also some increasable films, such as "South"; the incredible story of Sir Ernest Shackleton's ill-fated expedition to traverse Antarctica, "Himalaya", "K2 Daring Death and Destiny". "Swallowing Sea", "El Capitan" and many more.

Then there's the workshops... including Mountain Navigation, have a go at SRT, Climbing Wall, Canoe and Kayak taster sessions, adventure film making and even a "World Toilet Challenge".

Check out our website, or download our poster for more information and booking, or just turn up and be inspired!

www.breconfestival.co.uk

Old October 26th 03, 01:05 AM
Simon Brooke

"Susannah Pritchard" writes:

Brecon Festival of Adventure and Exploration

*Please* don't post HTML to Usenet. It only annoys people.

do not sail on uphill water
- Bill Lee
Old October 26th 03, 01:10 AM
hegs

"Susannah Pritchard" wrote in message

Please don't post stuff using Wales....

It only annoys people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pardon

---

Old October 26th 03, 10:23 AM
Ian

I particularly like the "Wilderness toilet challenge" idea, seems to consist
of trying to teach a Swansea girl to wipe her arse after she has been to the
toilet, not much chance I can tell you, living with a Swansea girl, but I
find keeping a pressure wash handy works wonders. OUCH!

--
Ian

http://www.catrike.co.uk

Old October 26th 03, 08:42 PM
marc

In article ,
says...
Please don't post stuff using Wales....

It only annoys people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROFLMAO