Dual bladder CamelBak

Old April 1st 04, 09:25 AM
Bo Lind

Default Dual bladder CamelBak

Hi,

My friend usually brings two bottles along on a ride; one with water and one
with sports drink. We've been trying to convince him that CamelBak is the
way to go, and being geeks as well as engineering students, the natural
conclusion would be to buy an additional bladder, fill one with water and
one with sports drink, and mount a drinking tube on each shoulder strap.
Out of curiousity, has anyone ever done this?

Bo
Old April 1st 04, 10:35 AM
Jon Bond

"Bo Lind" wrote in message
Hi,

My friend usually brings two bottles along on a ride; one with water and

one
with sports drink. We've been trying to convince him that CamelBak is the
way to go, and being geeks as well as engineering students, the natural
conclusion would be to buy an additional bladder, fill one with water and
one with sports drink, and mount a drinking tube on each shoulder strap.
Out of curiousity, has anyone ever done this?

Bo

http://www.trekbikes.com/accessories...ategory_id=125

But I've heard its pretty crappy

On long rides, I take a 100oz bladder filled with water and a single bottle
filled with strong sports drink (from powder - I usually put in about 125%
what you're supposed to). Problem with sports drink in a bladder is that
the taste stays in there, as does the sugar - and evil growing stuff loves
that sugar.

Jon Bond

Old April 1st 04, 01:36 PM
AndyC

"Bo Lind" wrote in message
Hi,

My friend usually brings two bottles along on a ride; one with water and

one
with sports drink. We've been trying to convince him that CamelBak is the
way to go, and being geeks as well as engineering students, the natural
conclusion would be to buy an additional bladder, fill one with water and
one with sports drink, and mount a drinking tube on each shoulder strap.
Out of curiousity, has anyone ever done this?

Bo

I've got a friend who tapes the gel-pack things to the top tube of his bike,
rambo style I suppose...
Anyway, he's then got that carb fix whenever he needs it, and knows how much
he's got left.

Old April 1st 04, 03:23 PM
James Calivar

http://www.trekbikes.com/accessories...t_id=3063&cate
gory_id=125

But I've heard its pretty crappy

Well first of all,they don't tell you the capacity of the thing...

Old April 1st 04, 04:34 PM
miles todd

Bo Lind wrote:
Hi,

My friend usually brings two bottles along on a ride; one with water and one
with sports drink. We've been trying to convince him that CamelBak is the
way to go, and being geeks as well as engineering students, the natural
conclusion would be to buy an additional bladder, fill one with water and
one with sports drink, and mount a drinking tube on each shoulder strap.
Out of curiousity, has anyone ever done this?

Bo

I used to. I had a Camelbak model (the Narrow Guage) that was designed
to allow this- it had two separate sleeves inside for bladders.
In practice, I found that it was too hard to keep the non-water bladder
clean over the long run. Now I do as described above and fill a bottle
with sports drink if I want any.

miles

Old April 1st 04, 05:12 PM
gabrielle

On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 13:36:31 +0100, AndyC wrote:

I've got a friend who tapes the gel-pack things to the top tube of his bike,
rambo style I suppose...

Rambo had a bike?

gabrielle, a bit confused this morning

PS - I'm with the "water in the bak, gatorade in a bottle" crew.
Old April 1st 04, 05:58 PM
Penny S

Jon Bond wrote:

On long rides, I take a 100oz bladder filled with water and a single
bottle filled with strong sports drink (from powder - I usually put
in about 125% what you're supposed to). Problem with sports drink in
a bladder is that the taste stays in there, as does the sugar - and
evil growing stuff loves that sugar.

Jon Bond

one thing that we've started doing on our really long "epic" rides is to
carry a backpacker's water filter. After AMB_ID, when we were right along
a river and running low, the light bulb went off.

penny

Old April 1st 04, 09:40 PM
Per Elmsäter

AndyC wrote:
"Bo Lind" wrote in message
Hi,

My friend usually brings two bottles along on a ride; one with water
and one with sports drink. We've been trying to convince him that
CamelBak is the way to go, and being geeks as well as engineering
students, the natural conclusion would be to buy an additional
bladder, fill one with water and one with sports drink, and mount a
drinking tube on each shoulder strap. Out of curiousity, has anyone
ever done this?

Bo

I've got a friend who tapes the gel-pack things to the top tube of
his bike, rambo style I suppose...
Anyway, he's then got that carb fix whenever he needs it, and knows
how much he's got left.

Around here we tape pancakes to our toptubes. Water in the Camelbak and
strawberry jam in a squeesy bottle.
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........................
--
Perre

Old April 1st 04, 09:49 PM
Stephen Baker

Perre says:

Around here we tape pancakes to our toptubes. Water in the Camelbak and
strawberry jam in a squeesy bottle.
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........................

I always knew you Scandahoovians were strange. ;-)

Steve
Old April 2nd 04, 04:53 PM
Tom Walker

Bo Lind wrote in message ...
Hi,

My friend usually brings two bottles along on a ride; one with water and one
with sports drink. We've been trying to convince him that CamelBak is the
way to go, and being geeks as well as engineering students, the natural
conclusion would be to buy an additional bladder, fill one with water and
one with sports drink, and mount a drinking tube on each shoulder strap.
Out of curiousity, has anyone ever done this?

Bo

I've taken two 100oz bladders on long rides before in my Camelbak HAWG
but not to drink out of at the same time. My only thought would be
that unless you secure the tubes well it would be a real annoying to
have TWO tubes flapping around on you.

Tom

Bladder infections and cycling? Bryan C General 7 April 5th 04 11:45 PM
Hydration and Camelbak whinds General 8 March 16th 04 02:11 AM
Accessory report: CamelBak stuff. Jonesy Mountain Biking 21 February 14th 04 07:56 PM
My bladder don't hold no more. [email protected] Mountain Biking 10 October 13th 03 11:18 AM
Thanks to Camelbak and the Leaking Bladder Thread BB Mountain Biking 1 July 11th 03 05:33 PM