Non-CTC members who have been injured?

Old February 27th 05, 10:38 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

Default Non-CTC members who have been injured?

I know of a radio producer who is looking to find a cyclist who was
injured and not covered by legal or other insurance (i.e. had to set
about dealing with the cause themselves). I'm guessing they are
looking for victims of motorists or possibly a clueless council.
Please email (reply-to is valid) if you are interested.

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken
Old February 28th 05, 09:59 AM
Simon Brooke

in message , Just zis Guy,
you know? ') wrote:

I know of a radio producer who is looking to find a cyclist who was
injured and not covered by legal or other insurance (i.e. had to set
about dealing with the cause themselves). I'm guessing they are
looking for victims of motorists or possibly a clueless council.
Please email (reply-to is valid) if you are interested.

Be aware before you do this that the producer has almost certainly
already decided what story (s)he wants to tell, and will be able to
edit what you say in whatever way he thinks will best serve his|her
story. If you're going to do it be very clear, and try not to say
anything that can be twisted.

;; It appears that /dev/null is a conforming XSL processor.

Old February 28th 05, 11:08 AM
Mark Thompson

If you're going to do it be very clear, and try not to say
anything that can be twisted.

Or better yet, find out what he wants his story to be.
Old February 28th 05, 09:27 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 09:59:10 +0000, Simon Brooke
wrote in message
:

Be aware before you do this that the producer has almost certainly
already decided what story (s)he wants to tell, and will be able to
edit what you say in whatever way he thinks will best serve his|her
story.

Be aware also that the other half of the story is an extended
interview with John Franklin and a high-profile victim of a bogus
contributory negligence claim, on whose behalf who John is I believe
appearing in court. The Cyclists' Defence Fund will, I understand,
receive an honourable mention.

Guy

Old March 15th 05, 09:25 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 22:38:46 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote in message
:

I know of a radio producer who is looking to find a cyclist who was
injured and not covered by legal or other insurance (i.e. had to set
about dealing with the cause themselves). I'm guessing they are
looking for victims of motorists or possibly a clueless council.
Please email (reply-to is valid) if you are interested.

Replying to my own: the programme in question was Radio 4's Moneybox,
and the case was that of Gill Green, whose husband was killed by a
negligent driver. The driver's insurers have now, apparently,
withdrawn their contributory negligence claim and will be making a
full payment. The producers would still like to hear from others
affected by spurious contributory negligence claims, I have an email
address.

Guy