Thanks Connex

Old January 4th 08, 03:47 AM posted to aus.bicycle
vaudegiant[_20_]

Default Thanks Connex

vaudegiant Wrote:
Well I got a very happy christmas letter from connex. Seems that they
tried to contact us (no really, they did) but for some reason we failed
to answer any of the phone numbers we supplied. Their letter, to
paraphrase, says that

1/. People shouldn't try to get off trains when the doors are closing.
I'll try to remember to tell my kids that the next time they should just
stay on the train and enjoy the ride to Epping...alone.
2/. Once the driver activates the door-close mechanism, he/she has
other "SAFETY" issues to worry about. Of course I understand that
checking for potential obstacles on the tracks such as cows, cars or
space junk is much more critical than ensuring that the a paying
passenger who might be trapped in the door of a train has managed to
clear themself.
3/. Their CCTV is wiped clean after 7 days, and because our written
complaint didn't reach them in time, they have wiped the footage. This,
I admit, is perfectly understandable. I often tape over programs that I
haven't yet watched. Even one's that are really important. Connex
received 2 verbal complaints minutes after the incident. The CCTV
footage should have been examined or quarantined.
4/. Basically it was our fault. I infer this from the fact that there
is nothing evening closely approximating an apology in the letter, and
they state that thier systems are such that it's not their fault so it
must be...um.....well ours really!
5/, Connex does, however, regret the "inconvenience" that this "issue"
has caused........yes, don't you hate it how those life and limb
threatening incidents can be such an inconvenience.
6/. Connex is looking forward to "restoring our confidence" in them,
the next time we travel with them. Well, that certainly won't be in the
near future as Connex bans peak hour travel with bikes (not that I
travel on trains much with my bike, but sometimes...)

.....WTF is going on in this city.....bikes banned on peak hour city
and V-line services.....cross city tunnels....and then. Late on Sunday
night I attempted to catch the last train out of city with bike ( I had
been at work all day and was due back in a 7), Because Connex runs very
short trains at these times, the train was packed (more so than on any
peak hour service). Even without a bike I would have been lucky to get
on. Suffice to say I rode home at midnight, and have sent a letter to
Connex asking for a refund on my $2.90 Sunday saver ticket..

Hi Ho, Hi Ho , it's off to the Ombudsman I go

Sorry for the rant

pat

After their quite pathetic letter, I have arranged to meet the Connex
Customer Feedback Manager and the Train Services Manager. They wanted to
meet at Flinders street and catch a train to Southern Cross with me so
we could re-enact. I said that didn't want to dragg the kids out of
school to load up on the train and go through it all again. I also
pointed out that as we had arranged to meet early in the morning, and as
I use a bike to get around, I would be unable to make it to this meeting
because of the new regulations banning bikes on peak hour services. The
person I spoke to took this point with a distinct lack of humour.
Is anyone on this forum interested in acting as an impartial observer
at this meeting? It is at 9am February 4th, at Connex's Spring St(city)
address

regards,

Pat

--
vaudegiant

Old January 4th 08, 04:04 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_554_]

vaudegiant Wrote:
The person I spoke to took this point with a distinct lack of humour.
Is anyone on this forum interested in acting as an impartial observer
at this meeting? It is at 9am February 4th, at Connex's Spring St(city)
address

That's a Monday? If there's no other takers I'll front up. Will promise
to be nice, polite and remember to nod & smile.

--
cfsmtb