Tyre Blowout

Old December 31st 07, 12:59 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Andrew Price[_3_]

Default Tyre Blowout

JohnJohn posed the query:

Or a Powerbar wrapper, though that does leave you the problem of what to
do with the Powerbar.

1. Contemplate how they compressed so much dogsh*t into such a small volume,
or
2. Marvel at our continued willingness to let marketing triumph over
nutrition.

The durability of their wrappers is by any measure extraordinary and poses
much less risk to our legal tender.

Best, andrew

Old December 31st 07, 04:47 AM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

On 2007-12-31, Andrew Price (aka Bruce)
JohnJohn posed the query:

Or a Powerbar wrapper, though that does leave you the problem of what to
do with the Powerbar.

1. Contemplate how they compressed so much dogsh*t into such a small volume,
or
2. Marvel at our continued willingness to let marketing triumph over
nutrition.

The durability of their wrappers is by any measure extraordinary and poses
much less risk to our legal tender.

I don't know. You can reuse the legal tender if you keep both halfs
when it explodes. You forever lost that $10 on the powerbar though.
No one's going to buy it off you when you finish with it.

--
TimC
"And Rob convinced me to learn perl. But now that I'm
Old December 31st 07, 10:54 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Aeek

On 30 Dec 2007 07:53:12 GMT, JohnJohn wrote:

Or a Powerbar wrapper, though that does leave you the problem of what to
do with the Powerbar.

NoNo, fix the tyre with the powerbar and eat the wrapper.
Old January 6th 08, 01:03 AM posted to aus.bicycle
PeteSig[_2_]

"John Tserkezis" wrote:

Boostland wrote:

Problem with patches is they stretch, so if the cut has damaged the ply
threads in the tyre the patch stretches and will make a nice bubble in
the tyre.

And how does random grass do better in this respect? What if there are
no leafy greens of the required size in the area you're biking in?

I think the post about dried grass was very much TIC. A $5 bank note is as
light weight as a patch, very resistent to stretching, doesn't rely on glue,
and is frequently always available in your, or your mate's, wallet.

Carry one and use it when needed.
--
Cheers
Peter

~~~ ~ _@

USC Blowout Sale! isaac steiner Unicycling 21 December 27th 07 02:57 PM
Conti Tyre Blowout [email protected] UK 9 June 1st 05 09:10 AM
AD: Bianchi Blowout... davidgeisbush Marketplace 0 November 21st 03 09:47 PM
Front blowout Bob Shanteau Techniques 88 November 21st 03 07:37 PM
First blowout tony R UK 6 October 15th 03 07:28 PM