Tyre Blowout

Old December 28th 07, 05:44 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bob C

Default Tyre Blowout

What is the favoured liner material to make a temporary repair of a
blown out sidewall?
--
Bob C

Old December 28th 07, 05:50 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Fri, 28 Dec 2007 16:44:49 +1100
Bob C patnbob@unwired wrote:
What is the favoured liner material to make a temporary repair of a
blown out sidewall?

I believe the canonical material is a $5 note.

Zebee
Old December 28th 07, 05:59 AM posted to aus.bicycle
John Tserkezis

Zebee Johnstone wrote:

What is the favoured liner material to make a temporary repair of a
blown out sidewall?

I believe the canonical material is a $5 note.

I don't know where you get your tyres from, but we use $50 notes.
$5 doesn't get you much rubber, er, much of a repair.
--
Linux Registered User # 302622
http://counter.li.org
Old December 28th 07, 07:19 AM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

On 2007-12-28, John Tserkezis (aka Bruce)
Zebee Johnstone wrote:

What is the favoured liner material to make a temporary repair of a
blown out sidewall?

I believe the canonical material is a $5 note.

I don't know where you get your tyres from, but we use $50 notes.
$5 doesn't get you much rubber, er, much of a repair.

It does patch a split in the tire roughly 10cm long though.

--
TimC
"The application failed to fail"
Old December 28th 07, 10:59 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Elmo

Bob C wrote:
What is the favoured liner material to make a temporary repair of a
blown out sidewall?

I've used the tongue out of an old leather boot I found on the side of
the road.
Old December 28th 07, 11:08 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Someone Else[_2_]

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 16:44:49 +1100, Bob C patnbob@unwired wrote:

What is the favoured liner material to make a temporary repair of a
blown out sidewall?

I keep a metre or so of my dried foreskin removed at birth.
Old December 28th 07, 11:22 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Brendo

On Dec 28, 8:08 pm, Someone Else ?
wrote:
On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 16:44:49 +1100, Bob C patnbob@unwired wrote:
What is the favoured liner material to make a temporary repair of a
blown out sidewall?

I keep a metre or so of my dried foreskin removed at birth.

You were born with dried foreskin?
Old December 28th 07, 11:27 AM posted to aus.bicycle

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 22:08:25 +1100, Someone Else ? wrote:

What is the favoured liner material to make a temporary repair of a
blown out sidewall?

I keep a metre or so of my dried foreskin removed at birth.

No wonder you have no foresight.

Old December 28th 07, 11:32 AM posted to aus.bicycle

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 16:44:49 +1100, Bob C patnbob@unwired wrote:

What is the favoured liner material to make a temporary repair of a
blown out sidewall?

I've been known to use dried grass.

We smoked it later. ;-)

Old December 28th 07, 11:48 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Mama´s kitchen

Hey
In the middle of nowhere, at the plains of Croatia, with 8km to the nearest
town and 5 km down a gravelroad, I got a 2 cm cut in the sidewall. There I
got a little piece of curtain from a truck servicing a excavator, this I
wrapped 2 times around the tube, and it held the 30 km back to Pula. Since
then I allways carry a piece of cloth in my saddlebag
Anders

"Bob C" patnbob@unwired skrev i en meddelelse
.. .
What is the favoured liner material to make a temporary repair of a blown
out sidewall?
--
Bob C

USC Blowout Sale! isaac steiner Unicycling 21 December 27th 07 02:57 PM
Conti Tyre Blowout [email protected] UK 9 June 1st 05 09:10 AM
AD: Bianchi Blowout... davidgeisbush Marketplace 0 November 21st 03 09:47 PM
Front blowout Bob Shanteau Techniques 88 November 21st 03 07:37 PM
First blowout tony R UK 6 October 15th 03 07:28 PM