NY bike path mayhem

Old November 3rd 17, 11:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
(PeteCresswell)

Default NY bike path mayhem

Per Tim McNamara:
Well, we don't know yet if he is a nutcase or what. No doubt more
information will appear; who knows if he will provide anything useful
himself. He did at least leave some written notes in the truck (or at
least someone did, he seems like the most likely candidate) indicating
at least inspiration by ISIS.

Apparently ISIS publishes playbooks on how to do this stuff.

The accounts I have heard say that his actions were right out of the
ISIS playbook - including the leaflets and trying to get himself killed.

The knives he had for the purpose of killing pedestrians after the crash
and getting himself killed because unavailable due to the crash so he
grabbed the paint ball gun and something else.

--
Pete Cresswell
Old November 3rd 17, 11:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
(PeteCresswell)

Per Duane:
Something
about murdering unarmed innocents in order to get into heaven with the
virgins...

After getting nailed by the U.S. Seal team, Osama makes his way to the
pearly gates.

There, he is greeted by George Washington.

"How dare you attack the nation I helped conceive!" yells Mr.
Washington, slapping Osama in the face.

Patrick Henry comes up from behind.

"You wanted to end the Americans' liberty, so they gave you death!"
Henry punches Osama on the nose.

James Madison comes up next, and says "This is why I allowed the Federal
government to provide for the common defense!" He drops a large weight
on Osama's knee.

Osama is subject to similar beatings from John Randolph of Roanoke,
James Monroe, and 65 other people who have the same love for liberty and
America.

As he writhes on the ground, Thomas Jefferson picks him up to hurl him
back toward the gate where he is to be judged.

As Osama awaits his journey to his final very hot destination, he
screams "This is not what I was promised!"

An angel replies "I told you there would be 72 Virginians waiting for
you. What did you think I said?"
Pete Cresswell
Old November 3rd 17, 11:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

On Fri, 03 Nov 2017 18:11:53 -0400, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Tim McNamara:
Well, we don't know yet if he is a nutcase or what. No doubt more
information will appear; who knows if he will provide anything useful
himself. He did at least leave some written notes in the truck (or at
least someone did, he seems like the most likely candidate) indicating
at least inspiration by ISIS.

Apparently ISIS publishes playbooks on how to do this stuff.

The accounts I have heard say that his actions were right out of the
ISIS playbook - including the leaflets and trying to get himself
killed.

Yes, that is my understanding. Not having frequented pro-ISIS websites
I have not seen this for myself, but on NPR yesterday or the day before
this was spoken of with direct quotes out of the ISIS "manual" for such
attacks. It's not a long or complicated recipe, renting a large vehicle
and running people down with it doesn't take a rocket scientist.

The knives he had for the purpose of killing pedestrians after the
crash and getting himself killed because unavailable due to the crash
so he grabbed the paint ball gun and something else.

BB gun according to what I have seen in the news.

Fortunately a NYPD cop figured out how to shot to wound, so he was
stopped and is questionable (and triable).

My understanding from the news is that he requested an ISIS flag for his
room. The request was not accommodated.
Old November 4th 17, 12:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Friday, November 3, 2017 at 10:13:43 PM UTC, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
[...]

It couldn't happen to a more deserving jihadi!

AJ
Old November 4th 17, 01:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 11/3/2017 5:47 PM, Tim McNamara wrote:
[...]

"figured out how to shoot to wound"

NYPD officer had a pistol, adrenaline and the usual
confusion of the moment. He's trained to hit center of mass,
which he did. The fact that it was not a mortal wound is
accidental. And incidental, actually, as he did stop the
threat to human life which is the standard here.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old November 4th 17, 01:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Wednesday, November 1, 2017 at 6:07:48 PM UTC-7, Tim McNamara wrote:
On Wed, 01 Nov 2017 17:35:44 -0400, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per John B.:
The Bangkok Post has it that "The attacker was taken into custody
after he was shot in the stomach by a New York City policeman, and
neutralised".

It's encouraging that the NY cops, at least, have caught on the idea
of taking these guys alive so they can be "Debriefed" instead of
blowing them to smithereens on the spot.

I guess it's all money in the pocket for the media people, but if I
had my druthers, the story would be "Another nutcase kills a bunch of
people" and leave it at that until some group/plot emerges.

Well, we don't know yet if he is a nutcase or what. No doubt more
information will appear; who knows if he will provide anything useful
himself. He did at least leave some written notes in the truck (or at
least someone did, he seems like the most likely candidate) indicating
at least inspiration by ISIS.

Perhaps we could at least get the president to stop adding so much fuel
to the fire. Yeah, right, like that's gonna happen. He has to keep the
fires built high to distract from other things (like fleecing the middle
class to pay for the rich folks' tax cuts).

I think it's fair to conclude that he was ****ed off because he is short and looks like a dope. https://www.yahoo.com/news/sister-yo...162102000.html

The trick is to look like Omar Sharif and get the virgins on earth, but when you look like that dude, you have to rent a truck from Home Depot and go with plan B -- the post-death virgins.

I'm all for giving him a lengthy prison sentence at Sing Sing where he can be the virgin, if only briefly.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old November 4th 17, 02:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Fri, 03 Nov 2017 17:47:09 -0500, Tim McNamara
wrote:

[...]

I rather doubt that in any situation deemed to be sufficiently
dangerious to justify shooting anyone ever "shot to wound".

My understanding from the news is that he requested an ISIS flag for his
room. The request was not accommodated.

--
Cheers,

John B.

Old November 4th 17, 10:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
(PeteCresswell)

Per AMuzi:
The fact that it was not a mortal wound is
accidental. And incidental, actually, as he did stop the
threat to human life which is the standard here.

If that is the case, it's disappointing.

OTOH, at least he didn't empty his magazine into the guy.

Ever since the Boston Marathon debacle, I've had a weed up my butt about
cops blowing guys like that away before they can be properly
"Debriefed".
--
Pete Cresswell
Old November 4th 17, 11:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Radey Shouman

"(PeteCresswell)" writes:

Per AMuzi:
The fact that it was not a mortal wound is
accidental. And incidental, actually, as he did stop the
threat to human life which is the standard here.

If that is the case, it's disappointing.

OTOH, at least he didn't empty his magazine into the guy.

Ever since the Boston Marathon debacle, I've had a weed up my butt about
cops blowing guys like that away before they can be properly
"Debriefed".

The Tsarnaev shooting did seem unnecessary, almost like compensating for
finding him outside the police perimeter. The one that should really
make you go "hmmm" was Todashev -- WTF was that?

At least they didn't shoot up any newspaper delivery trucks like the
California police did in the Dorner manhunt.

Old November 5th 17, 06:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

On Sat, 04 Nov 2017 17:48:48 -0400, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per AMuzi:
The fact that it was not a mortal wound is accidental. And
incidental, actually, as he did stop the threat to human life which is
the standard here.

If that is the case, it's disappointing.

OTOH, at least he didn't empty his magazine into the guy.

Ever since the Boston Marathon debacle, I've had a weed up my butt
about cops blowing guys like that away before they can be properly
"Debriefed".

Just killin' da perps is more satisfying to many folks. And if a few
people get taken out by cops despite not being a threat, in some cases
not even actually a criminal, well that's a small price to pay (except,
of course, for the dead person...).

The love of frontier justice is alive and well in the US. Old Donald
seems to be particularly rabid to bag his first capital punishment,
being as that would be the ultimate proof of his power.