Trials / Street Practice Obstacle Ideas?

Old May 10th 05, 11:03 PM
forrestunifreak

YEah,same here.If they wiggle or wobble put wedges under the edges,works
PERFECTLY and you can move them around whenever you want.If you have to
screw 'em together,use a nail or two,its easier to take apart.

--
forrestunifreak - Mr. addict/team YAMS member

"You do not make the unicycle-the unicycle makes you."

"There are two kinds of people in this world-dem dhat do,and dem dhat
dippitti do"

~Y.C. tv

Old May 11th 05, 12:14 AM
andrew_carter

You did that quickly in Paint?? Great job! The course is nice too. I
love the skinnies for grinding and riding along, and with a bit of
practise you can ride up one, turn the 90 degree corner, and down the
other...that's fun!

If you want to work on trials as well as street, maybe you could add
some more technical gaps in there. Sandwich boards would be
appropriate...they're very versatile. There are some sandwich board
building instructions at www.unicycle.2ya.com .

Andrew

--
andrew_carter - Learning to unicycle...

*http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/andrew*
unicycling tips and tutorials - http://www.unicycle.2ya.com
*'my big movies' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/bigmovies)*

Old May 11th 05, 12:33 AM
forrestunifreak

Or a neat thing to do is put two pallets together up in an A shape,sorta
like a giant sandwich board.YOu can link it up to the pallets stack
flat.

Old May 11th 05, 12:39 AM
andrew_carter

forrestunifreak wrote:
*Or a neat thing to do is put two pallets together up in an A
shape,sorta like a giant sandwich board.*

Comme ça...

| Attachment filename: clipboard01.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/310056|

Old May 11th 05, 12:41 AM
andrew_carter

Oh yeah, and some posts...posts are fun!

| Attachment filename: clipboard01.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/310057|

Old May 11th 05, 12:41 AM
forrestunifreak

Yeah that hah .I think thats were I got the idea from.

Oh yeah,and, whats "Makita"?

Old May 11th 05, 01:33 AM
kapoute

andrew_carter wrote:
*Comme ça... *

Tu parles bien le francais? Are you speaking french well?

Didnt know it

--
kapoute - Street/Trial unicyclist

Sorry about my english

I hate the circus !!!!

Julien Renaud
kapoute's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8060

Old May 11th 05, 01:42 AM
andrew_carter

I'm guessing I could understand most parts of most conversations. I did
5 years of high school french. I'm no good at speaking french though.

Old May 11th 05, 07:42 AM
Klaas Bil

On Tue, 10 May 2005 05:10:03 -0500, "Loosemoose" wrote:

was wondering if you
had any ideas for obstacles I could use to improve my overall street
ability.

There are some ideas for simple trials props he
http://www.xs4all.nl/~klaasbil/props.htm

What materials should I use, and would covering the wood with
something like carpet increase traction & save me injuries?

Carpet is a bad idea because generally the tufts (is that what you
call it) are directional, so you have a weird constant pull to one
side if you ride on carpet.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
wouldnt you be grumpy if somone just said you had PMS? - jagur

Old May 11th 05, 08:15 AM
andrew_carter

Klaas Bil wrote:
*Carpet is a bad idea because generally the tufts (is that what you
call it) are directional, so you have a weird constant pull to one
side if you ride on carpet.*

True, and you might lose a bit of height in your hops on carpet because
it's got more give in it than plain timber.

Trials Practice joe Unicycling 12 May 1st 05 12:54 PM
MUNI vs. TRIALS vs. STREET vs. RACING juggle508 Unicycling 27 July 20th 04 06:24 AM
street vs. trials TheBadger587 Unicycling 3 June 6th 04 04:23 AM
The way to break out of the pro-car, anti-car debate? DRS Australia 73 June 2nd 04 12:58 PM
Trials, Flatland, and Street... zach_jucha Unicycling 8 December 19th 03 06:16 PM