Compensation Claim successful :o)

Old August 17th 04, 08:17 PM
becka currant

Default Compensation Claim successful :o)

I don't know if anyone remembers me on here lol! I used to post loads
before I had my son Lex (who is a very scary 16½ months old now!)

Anyway, my dh had an accident a year ago when some git knocked him off
his bike when he was turning right (car driver was impatient and
overtook dangerously). Luckily there was no serious or lasting damage
done to dh but his bike (a team issue Scott with ksyseriums sp??!!)
was knackered (

We pursued it through our house insurance legal expenses cover and got
offered a settlement figure today ))) I am really pleased that
we won't be out of pocket, and more importantly to me that justice has
prevaled.

Thanks to those of you who helped last year when I posted asking for
help on this. You asked me to let you know the outcome so here it is!

Becka (sadly a commuter now and nowt else but hey battling the
Bradford traffic is better than no cycling at all!)
Old August 17th 04, 08:25 PM
Mark South

"becka currant" wrote in message
om...
I don't know if anyone remembers me on here lol! I used to post loads
before I had my son Lex (who is a very scary 16½ months old now!)

Becka, good to hear from you. An absence of a while was somewhat expected
following parturition.

Parenthood has also reduced Myra to being a lurker and occasional drive-by
poster, BTW.

Good news on the compensation, congrats.

Becka (sadly a commuter now and nowt else but hey battling the
Bradford traffic is better than no cycling at all!)

Still riding the Dawes Audax? How's it holding up?
--
Mark South, Super Genius: World Citizen, Net Denizen

Old August 17th 04, 09:14 PM
chris French

In message , becka
currant writes
I don't know if anyone remembers me on here lol!

How could we not...

I used to post loads
before I had my son Lex (who is a very scary 16½ months old now!)

Time indeed does fly, we have our second due in Nov.

Anyway, my dh had an accident a year ago when some git knocked him off
his bike when he was turning right

We pursued it through our house insurance legal expenses cover and got
offered a settlement figure today )))

Becka (sadly a commuter now and nowt else but hey battling the
Bradford traffic is better than no cycling at all!)

hope you get out with he trailer :-)

--
Chris French, Leeds
Old August 18th 04, 09:27 AM
Becka Currant

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 21:14:34 +0100, chris French
wrote:

Time indeed does fly, we have our second due in Nov.

oh congrats Chris )

hope you get out with he trailer :-)

We have used it a bit but not as much as we'd like... Lex is very
heavy now and dh refuses to climb big hills with him! He seems to
like it though.

Becka
Old August 18th 04, 03:59 PM
becka currant

"Mark South" wrote in message ...
"becka currant" wrote in message
om...

Good news on the compensation, congrats.

thanks )

Becka (sadly a commuter now and nowt else but hey battling the
Bradford traffic is better than no cycling at all!)

Still riding the Dawes Audax? How's it holding up?

The Dawes is holding up well but I tend to commute on my MTB cos it's
sturdier! And I loathe commuting with drops!!

Hope you're well too
Old August 18th 04, 11:13 PM
Mark South

"becka currant" wrote in message
m...
"Mark South" wrote in message

"becka currant" wrote in message
om...

Good news on the compensation, congrats.

thanks )

Becka (sadly a commuter now and nowt else but hey battling the
Bradford traffic is better than no cycling at all!)

Still riding the Dawes Audax? How's it holding up?

The Dawes is holding up well but I tend to commute on my MTB cos it's
sturdier! And I loathe commuting with drops!!

I fear your commute.

Hope you're well too

Good thanks, not getting as much ride time this year for some reason or other.
--
Mark South, Super Genius: World Citizen, Net Denizen

Injured, but no compensation? burt UK 25 July 1st 04 02:29 PM
Injury RTA, 11yr old responsible: compensation possible? Scott Leckey UK 10 October 20th 03 03:55 PM
Cyclist wins £5m compensation Guy Chapman UK 16 October 3rd 03 06:25 PM