2019 - you MUST leave a 5 foot overtaking gap!

Old December 27th 18, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_10_]

Default 2019 - you MUST leave a 5 foot overtaking gap!

On 27/12/2018 10:37, wrote:

QUOTE:
Overtaking cyclists.

"Drivers need to leave enough space for cyclists when they overtake them or face a £100 fine. The Highway Code states there should be 4ft 11in (1.5 metres) between the car and cyclist - around the width of a car door."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...know-2019.html

Which section or sub-section, of which Act of Parliament, is the Daily
Mail (or, for that matter, the Highway Code) quoting?

Mind you, it's easy to agree that it's about time that cyclists were
prohibited from overtaking other vehicles, on either side, with less
than a 2 metre clearance. In the absence of codified identification
marks on cycles or cyclists, the offence would have to be an arrestable
one, with citizen's arrests encouraged, as I'm sure you'll agree.
Old December 29th 18, 05:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Thursday, December 27, 2018 at 5:10:20 PM UTC, Peter Parry wrote:

Note even in this the rule is a "Should", not as claimed a "Must"

According to our local rag, March 2019 is when the new LAW comes into force..

QUOTE:

Overtaking cyclists

"Motorists could be fined for not leaving enough space between a vehicle and a bike

The Highway Code's insistence cars should leave a decent distance between them and cyclists when passing (1.5m) is now being strengthened by fines.

Following law changes in March, motorists could be fined for not leaving enough space between a vehicle and a bike.

Failure to do so could land you with a £100 fine and three points on your licence.

Police forces across the country are being encouraged to ***penalise*** (EMPHASIS MINE) those who drive dangerously close to cyclists."
ENDS

MUST means the law has been broken hence the £100 fine.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news...-force-2371874
Old December 29th 18, 07:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

JNugent wrote:
On 29/12/2018 16:17, wrote:

[...]

It doesn't matter what "MUST" means if it isn't used anywhere in the
text you quote. And it isn't.

You obviously ought not to believe everything you read in the Hull
Daily Mail or the Manchester Evening News.

All of this **** from a ******** cyclist who jumped off a bridge and cost
the tax payer thousands of pounds!
Well Simon?

Old December 29th 18, 08:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Saturday, December 29, 2018 at 6:38:08 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

All of this **** from a ******** cyclist who jumped off a bridge and cost
the tax payer thousands of pounds!
Well Simon?

How much did today's search cost?

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news...ed-man-2371516

Let's hope you never feel like he did.
Old December 29th 18, 08:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

wrote:

All of this **** from a ******** cyclist who jumped off a bridge and
cost the tax payer thousands of pounds!
Well Simon?

How much did today's search cost?

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news...ed-man-2371516

Let's hope you never feel like he did.

I've been in a very bad place since April. It was my bad place, not another
person's bad place.
It cost the tax payer zero £.
I'm not a ****ing cyclist.

Old December 29th 18, 09:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

wrote:

All of this **** from a ******** cyclist who jumped off a bridge and
cost the tax payer thousands of pounds!
Well Simon?

How much did today's search cost?

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news...ed-man-2371516

Let's hope you never feel like he did.

I've been in a very bad place since April. It was my bad place, not another
person's bad place.
It cost the tax payer zero £.
I'm not a ****ing cyclist.

Sorry to hear that, get well soon.
I move house on Friday to start a new life in a new village.

Old December 30th 18, 01:35 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_10_]

wrote:

All of this **** from a ******** cyclist who jumped off a bridge and
cost the tax payer thousands of pounds!
Well Simon?

How much did today's search cost?

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news...ed-man-2371516

Let's hope you never feel like he did.

I've been in a very bad place since April. It was my bad place, not another
person's bad place.
It cost the tax payer zero £.
I'm not a ****ing cyclist.

Sorry to hear that, get well soon.
I move house on Friday to start a new life in a new village.

That's good to hear.

Some might think that your current location has not been good for you.
Old December 30th 18, 02:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

wrote:

All of this **** from a ******** cyclist who jumped off a bridge
and cost the tax payer thousands of pounds!
Well Simon?

How much did today's search cost?

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news...ed-man-2371516

Let's hope you never feel like he did.

I've been in a very bad place since April. It was my bad place, not
another person's bad place.
It cost the tax payer zero £.
I'm not a ****ing cyclist.

Sorry to hear that, get well soon.
I move house on Friday to start a new life in a new village.

I sincerely hope that you will be happy in your new home.

Old December 31st 18, 02:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Saturday, December 29, 2018 at 4:18:00 PM UTC, wrote:
[...]

The police are Tweeting the new rules already.

https://www.facebook.com/MarketBoswo...68677409990837

Le Tour 2019 AMuzi Techniques 5 October 28th 18 08:41 AM
New Ohio law: Drivers leave 3-foot gap to pass bicyclists Garrison Hilliard Techniques 85 March 28th 17 08:00 PM
New Ohio law: Drivers leave 3-foot gap to pass bicyclists Jeff Liebermann General 5 March 22nd 17 09:58 PM
Cycles could outnumber cars in London's AM peak by 2019 Alycidon UK 0 March 24th 16 04:14 PM
Pedal grab with front foot or back foot? skate4flip Unicycling 0 January 17th 06 05:00 AM