Opinions Trek 1000

Old September 28th 04, 12:14 PM
Badger_South

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 19:24:58 -0400, "Brett" wrote:

"Bill Sornson" wrote in message
.. .
Brett wrote:
"Bob Anderson" wrote in message

Look at the 2005 models, new colors.

http://www.trekbikes.com/bikes/2005/road/1200.jsp

Thanks for the link. I don't like the particular color above but did
find the new 1000 WSD
http://www.trekbikes.com/bikes/2005/road/1000wsd.jsp seems worthy.
It seems to have much better components than the 2004 model. They
have a carbon forks and seatposts now. Still using the Sora brakes
and Alex rims though. Seems worth the $630 and probably less at the
LBS.

WSD = Woman Specific Design.

Bill "just so ya know" S.

Foiled again!

Sir, would you like tinfoil, aluminum foil, or carbon fiber foil with
that? eg

-B

Old September 30th 04, 06:00 AM
yuri budilov

Yes, that is true for USA. For whatever reason Trek in Australia seem to
have different models and configurations. For example all road bikes (even
Trek 1000) come with double chain ring, not triple or double ring choice
like in USA, some models on sale down here are not even available in USA
such as Trek 1400. The information I posted came from my LBS, a Trek dealer.
Granted he may have been misinformed. We shall see.....

My LBS said we, down under, get Trek 2000 (not available in USA in 2005?)
and our Trek 1500 is expected to have U-10 speed. Time will tell.

Cheers

"Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote in message
. ..
As Mike said, go for Trek 2005 range if you can. I hear new Trek 1500
will have 10 speed Ultegra in 2005 and some more.

The new 1500 is already out, and doesn't have (nor will have later)
Ultegra 10-speed on it. Ultegra 10 is due out sometime in November, and
will be a significant upcharge (about $200) over Ultegra 9.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com