Extrawheel Trailer

Old March 6th 08, 03:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
bikerdan

Default Extrawheel Trailer

Anyone have experience with this one? It looks great from the pix on the
internet. www.extrawheel.com

Old March 10th 08, 04:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
AdrianSocho

Użytkownik bikerdan popełnił co następuje:

Anyone have experience with this one? It looks great from the pix
on the
internet. www.extrawheel.com

Should have asked at pl.rec.rowery instead

it works great, indeed. Lots of advantages over regular sacks. Big
wheel performs well on- and offroad. I was riding maybe 20-30
kilometers, half lf this was in city. No problem getting on the curbs
and so, but maneuvering between cars needs some extra attention, need
to remember that the trailer is wider than the bike. No problems with
the fastening fork, it never came loose. The people that allowed me
to borrow the trailer also had no complaints. For sure a way to go
when it comes to big-luggage traveling. When one puts the big yellow
sacks in there is always some room to carry a couple of beer bottles.

--
Adriansocho the *Kni^^^Lajt Rajder*

== don't [ drink && su - ] ==
Old April 27th 08, 11:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

In article ,
"bikerdan" writes:
Anyone have experience with this one? It looks great from the pix on the
internet. www.extrawheel.com

I like it! What a brilliant design.

It looks possible for a handy person
to cobble together a homemade version.

My own store-bought trailer is a Leggero Max
(aka "Shopper.") It's not exactly store-bought,
as I obtained it as previously owned but never
used from my bike shop wrench, across-the-lane
neighbour. I slid him a hundred bux for it
and made his day.

I like it because it readily converts into a
shopping cart or wheeled laundry hamper.
Gotta keep other customers at the laundromat
from helping themselves to it, though. It's
a lovely luxury to just spill my clothes out
of the dryer and right into my trailer.

It has solid wheels that seem like they'd
ride harshly, but they surprisingly don't.
But it can be a little bouncy (as a bike
trailer) when it's empty. I don't use it
very often, so when I do, I tend to occasionally
forget it's there -- which is not a good thing.
I should figure out an arrangement by which to
attach blinkies to it.

Anyway, thank you for sharing that extrawheel site.

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
Old April 28th 08, 02:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Tom Keats wrote:

I should figure out an arrangement by which to
attach blinkies to it.

My trailer has a fabric strip on the back, like a belt loop only
horizontal. Very quick and easy to hook a cheap blinkie to it. It'd
probably be easy to put such a loop on your trailer, if it's fabric back
there. Even if it's not, a strip and a couple of rivets might do the
trick.

Bill

| There oughta be limits to Freedom. |
| -- George W. Bush |

DIY trailer? [email protected] Recumbent Biking 4 July 17th 07 07:07 AM
B.O.B. trailer. Fer General 1 September 26th 06 05:21 PM
I know it's a trailer, and you know... [email protected] General 2 March 27th 05 06:00 AM
FS-Bob Trailer Yak Sak Dry Bag eric Marketplace 0 December 5th 04 06:19 AM
Trailer Cody Australia 1 August 11th 03 10:56 AM