CTC error

Old September 26th 06, 11:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Don Whybrow

Default CTC error

burt wrote:
"Don Whybrow" wrote in message

burt wrote:

"Peter Fox" wrote in
message ...

Following on from burt's message. . .

AHD is yet another helmet obsessive. He wears one on his recumbent and
it's
his trademark!

Cycling needs brains not mouthpieces.

Anyone who blindly accepts that helmets work doesn't have a brain, and
can't
be bothered with little things like evidence.

Hold on! Speaking as a virulent /anti-compulsion/ and anti-assumption
that Hs do any good /in accidents/ person, I object to that facile and
silly statement. [Discussion continues ad infinitum....]

Nice bit of cutting Peter, since I never said any of the above!

Err, according to my newsreader, you did.

something wrong with your newsreader then.

No, Google gives the same result, see http://tinyurl.com/k7yro [1]

[1]http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk.rec.cycling/msg/4f779f97b55e84e0?dmode=source&hl=en

--
Don Whybrow

Sequi Bonum Non Time

"No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in
session." (Judge Gideon J. Tucker, 1866.)
Old September 27th 06, 01:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

burt wrote:
"Peter Fox" wrote in
message ...

Following on from burt's message. . .

AHD is yet another helmet obsessive. He wears one on his recumbent and
it's
his trademark!

Cycling needs brains not mouthpieces.

Anyone who blindly accepts that helmets work doesn't have a brain, and
can't
be bothered with little things like evidence.

Hold on! Speaking as a virulent /anti-compulsion/ and anti-assumption
that Hs do any good /in accidents/ person, I object to that facile and
silly statement. [Discussion continues ad infinitum....]

Nice bit of cutting Peter, since I never said any of the above!

Err, according to my newsreader, you did.
--
Don Whybrow

something wrong with your newsreader then.

Someone using the same name, email address, newsreader, IP address and
NSP as you posted this

"AHD is yet another helmet obsessive. He wears one on his recumbent and
it's his trademark!"

and this

"Anyone who blindly accepts that helmets work doesn't have a brain, and
can't be bothered with little things like evidence."

as was quoted by Peter above with attribution.

The "Cycling needs brains not mouthpieces." bit is Peter's.
Old September 27th 06, 07:24 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
burt

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
t...

burt wrote:
[...]

Since I didn't post any of the above, either you are right, and someone is
very effectively impersonating me electronically, or there is something
wrong with the attribution process.

"AHD is yet another helmet obsessive. He wears one on his recumbent and
it's his trademark!"

Now that I did write.

and this

"Anyone who blindly accepts that helmets work doesn't have a brain, and
can't be bothered with little things like evidence."

and I didn't write that.

Old September 27th 06, 07:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ian Smith

On Wed, 27 Sep, burt wrote:

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
t...

"AHD is yet another helmet obsessive. He wears one on his recumbent and
it's his trademark!"

Now that I did write.

and this

"Anyone who blindly accepts that helmets work doesn't have a brain, and
can't be bothered with little things like evidence."

and I didn't write that.

Both statement are in the same posting. If you typed one, you typed
the other, assuming you weren't drugged just as you finished paragraph
1 and someone else substituted paragraph 2 before hitting send.

Do you have any other plausible explanation?
The whole message says (I've cut out some longer headers):

From: "burt"
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: CTC error
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 21:40:16 GMT
"Peter Fox"
wrote in message ...

$64,000 question for urc : Who /would be/ a better ambassador?
The obvious candidate is Adam Hart-Davis who has the 'dirty
knees' qualification but there must be alternatives which those
of you with televisions and sporty knowledge would know about.

AHD is yet another helmet obsessive. He wears one on his
recumbent and it's his trademark!

Cycling needs brains not mouthpieces.

Anyone who blindly accepts that helmets work doesn't have a brain,
and can't be bothered with little things like evidence.

regards, Ian SMith

Old September 27th 06, 08:27 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Fox

Following on a string of denials.

"AHD is yet another helmet obsessive. He wears one on his recumbent and
it's his trademark!"

Now that I did write.

and this

"Anyone who blindly accepts that helmets work doesn't have a brain, and
can't be bothered with little things like evidence."

and I didn't write that.

Nobody here believes you. Let that be a lesson in not being too hasty.
H-threads are bad enough with professional trolls and amateur
evangelists. More light: Good. More heat: Bad.

--
PETER FOX Not the same since the bolt company screwed up

www.eminent.demon.co.uk - Lots for cyclists
Old September 27th 06, 08:58 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
ian henden

"wafflycat" wrote in message
The CTC has made an unwise move, I think.

According to the copy of Cycle which arrived this morning, Jon Snow is the
new CTC president, having been invited to take the role once Phil Liggett
steps down.

This will be Jon Snow, the newsreader, who back in February on 'Richard &
Judy' (13th February 2006) admitted he tells people not to take up cycling
as "it's too dangerous out there" and that cyclists should be kept
separate from traffic on separate facilities, so promoting the erroneous
view that cycling is inherently dangerous. How long is it going to take
before this comes back and bites the CTC in its organisational backside
when the media picks up on how the CTC has a president who thinks cyclists
should be kept off the roads, yet at the same time supporting Daniel
Cadden, a CTC member who was fined for cycling on the road. Mixed messages
from the CTC, anyone?

I feel like handing in my CTC membership in disgust.

Cheers, helen s

--

They should have asked that nice Mr Clarkson to do the job. He can ride a
bike. (and does so, sometimes...)

Old September 27th 06, 02:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alan Braggins

In article , burt wrote:
Someone using the same name, email address, newsreader, IP address and
NSP as you posted this

Since I didn't post any of the above, either you are right, and someone is
very effectively impersonating me electronically, or there is something
wrong with the attribution process.

"AHD is yet another helmet obsessive. He wears one on his recumbent and
it's his trademark!"

Now that I did write.

Since that was part of the "any of the above" you just said you didn't
write any of, that rather undermines the chances that the problem is
really a forgery including a mixture of stuff you did and didn't write,
and increases the chances that you just forgot what you said.

"something wrong with the attribution process" is ruled right out by
going to your original post (or at least the post which appears to
be from you).