Long distance touring and local ride journal website

Old June 17th 06, 02:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Long distance touring and local ride journal website

Journaling while on the road!
This site is especially suited to the bicycle rider looking to write
something about the demanding as well as fun trip. Local daily training
rides are encouraged to journal here also .I expecially want to invite
those of you who want a blog of their own to reference back to in the
future. Feel free to to make comments to bicycle riders journals. However
you need to register ( http://bicyclejournals.net/wp-register.php ) to
comment first.

We are acceptiing new authors

register ( http://bicyclejournals.net/wp-signup.php )and/or log in.

Photo uploads are supported. Formats include jpg, jpeg, png, gif, pdf, mp3.
Users have a total of 100 MB of storage and a maximum file upload size of 5
MB. Flickr plugin is installed as well and will allow you to retrieve your
Flickr photos and allow you to easily add your photos to your posts

In order to cut down on spamblogs, I am limiting blog creation to those
people with email addresses from gmail.com yahoo.com msn.com aol.com .

Remember, your initial password (which you can change immediately) will be
emailed to you. The email you enter when you register must be valid and able
to accept mail, or new users will not be able to log in.

I have placed a forum so people can inquire about anything related to
bicycle touring or journaling at forums.(
http://www.bicyclejournal.net/forums/ ) It is a seperate registration so
you won't get the two seperate applications combined.

Jean Andre Vallery
Sarasota Florida
1-941-232-2183

Old June 17th 06, 06:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

"Jean Andre Vallery" wrote in message

In order to cut down on spamblogs, I am limiting blog creation to those
people with email addresses from gmail.com yahoo.com msn.com aol.com .

I don't understand the above, can you explain?

Old June 18th 06, 02:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Frank

There is a worldwide market out on the internet that forces spam in the form
of email and forced comment posting to peoples websites and email accounts.

So you have a blog or journal that accepts comments from visitors. These
companies try and use a type of bot to insert text into any form field
available..

It then ends up on your website with links back to drugs and porn or
whatever. The program that helps to prevent this works internally is called
http://akismet.com/ I have that installed as well as requiring that people
register before making a comment. You have the ability to moderate those
comments also.

Also some people register for a blog and post porn and drugs as well as get
rich phishing scams

Jean Andre Vallery

Sarasota Florida

941-232-2183

. ..

Old June 18th 06, 05:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Jean Andre Vallery wrote:

Journaling while on the road!
This site is especially suited to the bicycle rider looking to write
something about the demanding as well as fun trip.

How's this an improvment over the crazyguyonabike.com journal area?
Old June 18th 06, 05:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

"Jean Andre Vallery" wrote in message
Frank

There is a worldwide market out on the internet that forces spam in the
form of email and forced comment posting to peoples websites and email
accounts.

So you have a blog or journal that accepts comments from visitors. These
companies try and use a type of bot to insert text into any form field
available..

It then ends up on your website with links back to drugs and porn or
whatever. The program that helps to prevent this works internally is
called http://akismet.com/ I have that installed as well as requiring that
people register before making a comment. You have the ability to moderate
those comments also.

Also some people register for a blog and post porn and drugs as well as
get rich phishing scams

How does requiring the user to have an email account from "gmail.com
yahoo.com msn.com aol.com " help this?

Old June 18th 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

I can provide you with a email account for free with it. Not to mention it
is advertiser free on your journal .
I'm really not trying to compete with anyone only providing a way to enjoy
the ride and allow others to share with comments.
I agree that crazyguy on abike has a large share of riders.
I just believe that not everyone wants people to believe that they are a
crazy on a bike also. The subdomain would be something about you.

Try it for a few days and if you don't like it I'll delete it for you.

Jean Andre