more flash

Old October 31st 06, 09:11 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

Default more flash

Was browsing on ebay and came up with glowing shoelaces... which turn
out to be a little battery pack and some clear solid plastic tube.

You hook the tube to the pack, turn it on, and you get red glowing
plastic tube! Solid, slow flash, fast flash. One set is now on the
new Arkel pannier, the other will probably go on my helmet.

Here's another similar thing for the same money more or less
http://www.elec2go.com.au/category8_1.htm

Although it looks like the EL wire will bend more easily, and you can
get it suitable to sew into clothing.

Zebee
Old November 1st 06, 12:04 AM posted to aus.bicycle
thefathippy

Zebee Johnstone wrote:
Was browsing on ebay and came up with glowing shoelaces... which turn
out to be a little battery pack and some clear solid plastic tube.

You hook the tube to the pack, turn it on, and you get red glowing
plastic tube! Solid, slow flash, fast flash. One set is now on the
new Arkel pannier, the other will probably go on my helmet.

Here's another similar thing for the same money more or less
http://www.elec2go.com.au/category8_1.htm

Although it looks like the EL wire will bend more easily, and you can
get it suitable to sew into clothing.

Zebee

EL wire is fun, and used to be readily available at Jaycar (I haven't
bought any for a while, so I'm not sure if it still is). You can even
join lengths to make longer lengths, but you'll probably need to fiddle
with the voltage input (or something), as extended EL is noticeably
dimmer when powered from the same source.

Tony F