"Divisive Issue"

Old March 1st 07, 03:03 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Olebiker

Default "Divisive Issue"

On Feb 27, 5:02 pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
If you truly believe this, why haven't you moved back to Olduvai
Gorge?

You obviously haven't read my paper. No matter where humans are, we
change too rapidly for anything but bacteria and viruses to adapt to
(successfully) us.

That has nothing to do with what I asked you. If you believe that man
in an exotic species everywhere but where he first appeared, then you
should return to where you are not an exotic species.

Those paleo-indians must have been some terrific hunters to bring to
extinction 135 species in maybe 400 years using only pointed sticks
and clovis pointed spears.

They we near Port Townsend, WA was a mammoth with a spear point in
its elbow, proving the point.

That's one incident. Since the extinctions began long before man set
foot on North America, real scientists do not agree on the degree to
which over hunting caused the extinctions.

Old March 1st 07, 03:29 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

On 28 Feb 2007 19:03:11 -0800, "Olebiker" wrote:

On Feb 27, 5:02 pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
If you truly believe this, why haven't you moved back to Olduvai
Gorge?

You obviously haven't read my paper. No matter where humans are, we
change too rapidly for anything but bacteria and viruses to adapt to
(successfully) us.

That has nothing to do with what I asked you.

It has EVERYTHING to do with it. Learn to read. Do your homework.

If you believe that man
in an exotic species everywhere but where he first appeared, then you
should return to where you are not an exotic species.

Those paleo-indians must have been some terrific hunters to bring to
extinction 135 species in maybe 400 years using only pointed sticks
and clovis pointed spears.

They we near Port Townsend, WA was a mammoth with a spear point in
its elbow, proving the point.

That's one incident. Since the extinctions began long before man set
foot on North America, real scientists do not agree on the degree to
which over hunting caused the extinctions.

It proves that human-caused extinction is possible.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old March 1st 07, 01:12 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Olebiker

On Feb 28, 10:29 pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
You obviously haven't read my paper. No matter where humans are, we
change too rapidly for anything but bacteria and viruses to adapt to
(successfully) us.

That has nothing to do with what I asked you.

It has EVERYTHING to do with it. Learn to read. Do your homework.

Why are you not willing to defend your position, but insist on making
personal attacks? Defend your position in this forum with scientific
fact, not opinion.

They we near Port Townsend, WA was a mammoth with a spear point in
its elbow, proving the point.

That's one incident. Since the extinctions began long before man set
foot on North America, real scientists do not agree on the degree to
which over hunting caused the extinctions.

It proves that human-caused extinction is possible.

One incident proves nothing.

Old March 1st 07, 02:41 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
pmh

On Mar 1, 8:12 am, "Olebiker" wrote:

snip

You are atempting rational discourse with an irrational being.

PH

Old March 1st 07, 03:06 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Olebiker

On Mar 1, 9:41 am, "pmh" wrote:
On Mar 1, 8:12 am, "Olebiker" wrote:

snip

You are atempting rational discourse with an irrational being.

I know. I'm kind of like Don Quixote that way. Mike and I go back at
least ten years.

Old March 1st 07, 03:51 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

On 1 Mar 2007 05:12:17 -0800, "Olebiker" wrote:

On Feb 28, 10:29 pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
You obviously haven't read my paper. No matter where humans are, we
change too rapidly for anything but bacteria and viruses to adapt to
(successfully) us.

That has nothing to do with what I asked you.

It has EVERYTHING to do with it. Learn to read. Do your homework.

Why are you not willing to defend your position, but insist on making
personal attacks? Defend your position in this forum with scientific
fact, not opinion.

I did. You just refuse to READ it:
http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande/scb4. Idiot.

They we near Port Townsend, WA was a mammoth with a spear point in
its elbow, proving the point.

That's one incident. Since the extinctions began long before man set
foot on North America, real scientists do not agree on the degree to
which over hunting caused the extinctions.

It proves that human-caused extinction is possible.

One incident proves nothing.

BS. It proves that human-caused extinction is possible. Didn't you
ever study mathematics? A single counter-example is enough to disprove
a proposition.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old March 1st 07, 03:52 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

On 1 Mar 2007 07:06:37 -0800, "Olebiker" wrote:

On Mar 1, 9:41 am, "pmh" wrote:
On Mar 1, 8:12 am, "Olebiker" wrote:

snip

You are atempting rational discourse with an irrational being.

I know. I'm kind of like Don Quixote that way. Mike and I go back at
least ten years.

Proving that you are incapable of learning anything.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old March 1st 07, 04:04 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Olebiker

On Mar 1, 10:52 am, Mike Vandeman wrote:
You are atempting rational discourse with an irrational being.

I know. I'm kind of like Don Quixote that way. Mike and I go back at
least ten years.

Proving that you are incapable of learning anything.

Mike, repeated personal attacks do nothing to support your arguments.
Facts do. Now please provide facts, not opinion, to support your
claims.

Old March 1st 07, 04:22 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Olebiker

On Mar 1, 10:51 am, Mike Vandeman wrote:
Why are you not willing to defend your position, but insist on making
personal attacks? Defend your position in this forum with scientific
fact, not opinion.

I did. You just refuse to READ it:http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande/scb4. Idiot.

We are having a discussion on Usenet, not your homepage. If you have
something on your homepage that defends your position and consists of
fact, not opinion, please post it here. Pretend you are defending
your dissertation and the readers here are the committee.

One incident proves nothing.

BS. It proves that human-caused extinction is possible. Didn't you
ever study mathematics? A single counter-example is enough to disprove
a proposition.

I did not claim that human-caused extinction is not possible and we're
talking biology, not mathmatics.

Old March 1st 07, 07:17 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
pmh

On Mar 1, 11:22 am, "Olebiker" wrote:

Well, Mkey did say there were the remains of a single mammoth with a
single with a single worked stone point. Absolute factual material
leading one to postulate (claim?!) that mammoths knew how to work
chert into weapons.

PH