BR Tomorrow??

Old May 26th 07, 10:28 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Gags

Default BR Tomorrow??

Anyone up for the BR ride tomorrow morning??? Looks like it will be a
cracker of a day!!

I have been pretty busy for the last couple of months but will finally be
able to make it tomorrow. If anyone is interested I will aim to be at the
usual start point at 0720h or so and will leave at 0730h.

Gags

Old May 26th 07, 10:52 AM posted to aus.bicycle
gplama[_119_]

Gags Wrote:
Anyone up for the BR ride tomorrow morning??? Looks like it will be a
cracker of a day!!

I have been pretty busy for the last couple of months but will finally
be
able to make it tomorrow. If anyone is interested I will aim to be at
the
usual start point at 0720h or so and will leave at 0730h.

Gags

I had lunch at Smiths Gully today on my way out to Yarra Glen to watch
the DeBortil race... 127km solo in the sunshine!

Planning to do lunch at Smiths Gully tomorrow... the race goes past
Smiths Gully store at around 11:30am.. then heading home via Clintons
Rd to catch the race on the return leg when they're shooting down
Eltham-YarraGlen Rd.

--
gplama

Old May 26th 07, 11:50 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Gags

"gplama" wrote in message

I had lunch at Smiths Gully today on my way out to Yarra Glen to watch
the DeBortil race... 127km solo in the sunshine!

Planning to do lunch at Smiths Gully tomorrow... the race goes past
Smiths Gully store at around 11:30am.. then heading home via Clintons
Rd to catch the race on the return leg when they're shooting down
Eltham-YarraGlen Rd.

Lucky you.....I got to ride about 3km or so with the kids to swimming
lessons this morning and then got to spend the rest of the day hanging
washing out on the line and removing some trees from the garden. I was
thinking all day how good it would have been to be out on a ride......only
hope that the weather is as good tomorrow.

Hadn't even heard about this race - how many competitors??

Gags

Old May 26th 07, 12:00 PM posted to aus.bicycle
gplama[_120_]

heaps! more info here.. http://dbtour07.aboc.net.au/ and here
http://www.vic.cycling.org.au/

--
gplama

Old May 26th 07, 02:35 PM posted to aus.bicycle
essendon93[_19_]

gplama Wrote:
I had lunch at Smiths Gully today on my way out to Yarra Glen to watch
the DeBortil race... 127km solo in the sunshine!

Planning to do lunch at Smiths Gully tomorrow... the race goes past
Smiths Gully store at around 11:30am.. then heading home via Clintons
Rd to catch the race on the return leg when they're shooting down
Eltham-YarraGlen Rd.I might join you for lunch. I was intending to catch some of the race

tomorrow. Did BR route today in the arvo...man am I outta shape.

--
essendon93

Old May 26th 07, 10:59 PM posted to aus.bicycle
gplama[_121_]

essendon93 Wrote:
I might join you for lunch. I was intending to catch some of the race
tomorrow. Did BR route today in the arvo...man am I outta shape.

Update: Jaywoo and I are heading to Kinglake... departing Kew junction
at 8:30am - very easy pace... hoping to hit KL to watch the race pass
through at 11am..... depending on how we're felling, we may shoot down
the hill, then down Clintons Rd, then back up to Kangaroo Ground.

Gimme an sms if ya read this.. if not, I'll shoot you one with the
above plans a little later (I can't interrupt your beauty sleep!)

--
gplama

Old May 27th 07, 05:13 AM posted to aus.bicycle
gplama[_122_]

nice ride.. apart from that WIND... 68km/h gusts at Kinglake!! Made for
an ok home trip, but it was a little blustery.

Was that a Gags I spotted near Panton Hill heading back towards the
city? It would have been around 9:30ish.. it was a tall bugger on a
tall bike!

--
gplama

Old May 27th 07, 05:43 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Rory Williams[_14_]

gplama Wrote:
nice ride.. apart from that WIND... 68km/h gusts at Kinglake!! Made for
an ok home trip, but it was a little blustery.

Was that a Gags I spotted near Panton Hill heading back towards the
city? It would have been around 9:30ish.. it was a tall bugger on a
tall bike!

I met up with Gags at the shopping town and he was kind enough to
accompany me round to Kangaroo Ground. A lovely sunrise but a fair bit
of sun glare in several places. a combination of glare and traffic led
to an excursion into the (dirt) spoon drain on the run into Warrandyte
then a flat on the climb was not appreciated. Gags went on up the
Eltham-Yarra Glen Rd while I departed the route down to Wattle Glen as
I am both more than a bit underdone, and family commitments call. 78km
for the day in lovely weather and the brisk northerly was well
appreciated on the climb up the windy mile.

RoryW

--
Rory Williams

Old May 27th 07, 07:28 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Jono L[_26_]

gplama Wrote:
nice ride.. apart from that WIND... 68km/h gusts at Kinglake!! Made for
an ok home trip, but it was a little blustery.

You're telling me!

--
Jono L

Old May 27th 07, 09:03 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bleve

On May 27, 2:13 pm, gplama gplama.2r8...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
nice ride.. apart from that WIND... 68km/h gusts at Kinglake!! Made for
an ok home trip, but it was a little blustery.

Did you get your shotglass home safely?

BR Tomorrow? blah Australia 22 March 26th 07 03:29 PM
TV tomorrow DaveB Australia 2 April 22nd 06 05:26 AM
Tomorrow Tim Mullin Racing 0 July 9th 05 03:56 PM
tomorrow - a day away 1oki General 1 April 9th 05 09:48 PM
Tomorrow... dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers UK 2 November 9th 03 06:54 PM