San Jose Set to End Mandatory Bicycle Licensing

Old November 30th 10, 02:26 AM posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.soc
SMS

Default San Jose Set to End Mandatory Bicycle Licensing

It's likely that at tomorrow's city council meeting that the law
requiring all bicycles to be licensed will be repealed.
Old November 30th 10, 07:19 AM posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.soc
Kevin McMurtrie[_3_]

In article ,
SMS wrote:

It's likely that at tomorrow's city council meeting that the law
requiring all bicycles to be licensed will be repealed.

I had lived there for 7 years, even buying two bikes there, and never
heard of it until it was in the news today.

If the government wasn't so inept at ordering computer systems, it could
have been an easy moneymaker. Asking the whole city to bug emergency
personnel for a $4 or $2 service is nuts.
--
I will not see posts or email from Google because I must filter them as spam
Old November 30th 10, 03:10 PM posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.soc
SMS

On 11/29/2010 11:19 PM, Kevin McMurtrie wrote:
In ,
wrote:

It's likely that at tomorrow's city council meeting that the law
requiring all bicycles to be licensed will be repealed.

I had lived there for 7 years, even buying two bikes there, and never
heard of it until it was in the news today.

If the government wasn't so inept at ordering computer systems, it could
have been an easy moneymaker.

State law limits the amount that can be charged for bicycle licenses.

Asking the whole city to bug emergency
personnel for a $4 or $2 service is nuts.

I agree.

I think I'll go down to the Cupertino City Hall and get bicycle license
for all my bicycles, since they are still required here.

"It is unlawful for any resident of the City to operate any bicycle on
any street, road, highway or other property within the jurisdiction of
the City, unless the bicycle is registered and licensed as provided in
this chapter."
Old December 4th 10, 09:37 PM posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.soc
Don Freeman[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

Most of the city's I've lived in have a similar ordinance. Never once
have I registered my bike. Never once has it been noticed by law
enforcement. Even when they have responded to accidents involving autos
and my bike.

--
__
(oO) www.cosmoslair.com