This has got to be some sort of record!

Old October 30th 09, 04:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Dan C

Default This has got to be some sort of record!

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 19:56:08 -0700, Bill Baka wrote:

smharding wrote:
Dan C wrote:

So, Bill, you're asking us to believe that *cows* paced you at 12 MPH
for a mile? Really, Bill? Cows routinely travel at 12 MPH for a
whole mile? Come on Bill, who do you think you're fooling with
bull**** like that?

Can't speak for Bill and don't really recall how fast I was going, but
yes, the cows definitely followed be along the fence line for quite
some time.

I was riding an 80 pound bike but was in pretty good shape by
Montana/North Dakota, but don't really recall how fast I was going.

Weight is not an issue since it was flat, just windy.

Twelve mph seems about right though.

11-12, somewhere in there, but not fast.

They weren't doing centuries with me though.

What would you talk about?
I don't get why Dan is picking this nit, the cows just paced me so what
would I be bragging about or making up??? Bill Baka

The whole friggin story is what you're making up, Bill. Cows don't like
to move that fast for that long, and there's no reason they would do
something like that. You're trying to bull**** people, and I'm calling
you on it. You're a liar, plain and simple.

"Bother!" said Pooh, as he garotted another passing Liberal.
Old October 30th 09, 12:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
thirty-six

On 30 Oct, 00:58, smharding wrote:
thirty-six wrote:
The herdsman fears that any disturbance will affect the milk quality.
This could mean his milk is rejected which means he's worked for
nothing. *It's a risk he'd rather not take. *Dont upset the herdsman
or mysterious punctures you may encounter at the least.

This is ND/MT I was talking about.

What is ^^^^^^^?

Cattle are largely Heifer or Black Angus and are grown
for a couple years for grills and MacDonald's.

I'm fairly certain that most of these cattle wouldn't
take too kindly to being milked!

SMH

Old October 30th 09, 04:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Mike A Schwab

On Oct 29, 8:16*pm, Phil W Lee phil(at)lee-family(dot)me(dot)uk
wrote:
Mike A Schwab considered Thu, 29 Oct 2009
09:24:27 -0700 (PDT) the perfect time to write:

I had a friend a couple of years ago TBone a cow loose on the road in
Pennsylvania on a downhill about 30 mph. *Totaled the bicycle and a
little road rash on him.

So what happened to the cow?
TBone steaks?- Hide quoted text -

Rounded up by the farmer. Probably had a few bruises, maybe a broken
rib or two, but no vet visit.
Old October 30th 09, 04:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

thirty-six wrote:
The herdsman fears that any disturbance will affect the milk quality.
This could mean his milk is rejected which means he's worked for
nothing. *It's a risk he'd rather not take. *Dont upset the herdsman
or mysterious punctures you may encounter at the least.

This is ND/MT I was talking about.

What is ^^^^^^^?

Abbreviations for U.S. states: North Dakota and Montana. Roughly
equivalent to the Steppes of Russia, I think.

- Frank Krygowski

Old October 31st 09, 03:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Stephen Harding[_2_]

thirty-six wrote:

The herdsman fears that any disturbance will affect the milk quality.
This could mean his milk is rejected which means he's worked for
nothing. It's a risk he'd rather not take. Dont upset the herdsman
or mysterious punctures you may encounter at the least.

This is ND/MT I was talking about.

What is ^^^^^^^?

Abbreviations for U.S. states: North Dakota and Montana. Roughly
equivalent to the Steppes of Russia, I think.

Yep, seemed pretty much equivalent.

I might add that I meant the scenery was generally uninteresting
not so much "boring". I actually find myself naturally high at
times out on prairies. It's sort of like being at see with a feeling
of real freedom with the openness.

I also meant Hereford breed not heifer.

SMH