Are Christians the most Apathetic people in the world?

Old November 25th 09, 01:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Stephen Harding[_2_]

Default Are Christians the most Apathetic people in the world?

Bill Baka wrote:
Ron Wallenfang wrote:

On Nov 23, 1:39 pm, "His Highness Comandante Banana, King of the Apes
I & Chief of Quixotic Enterprises"
wrote:

In my long years of campaigning for a realistic and humanistic change,
the excuse I heard the most often is: ONLY GOD CAN CHANGE THINGS!

So I've come to the conclusion that Christians will never be part of
the solution. They are waiting for God to fix up things while they
think nothing but sin and damnation......., NO TO
ABORTION, ............., while they turn a blind eye to the CLEAR AND
PRESENT
DANGERS faced by humanity, ie. WAR AND CLIMATE CHANGE.

Actually those of us in the right to life movement are more pilloried
for NOT waiting passively for God to change that situation, but rather
to try our best to assist in doing God's work. But be of good cheer.
I ride my bicycle to and from the abortion clinic outside of which I
pray and offer pro-life encouragement.

I am pro-choice since being born against a mother's will makes for a bad
life. How about pro-good life? Why force an unwanted birth? Only a total
fool would want that.

Fool or not?

Probably half the people (at least) on earth weren't planned or
possibly wanted! It's often not "the right" time to have a child.

At any rate, there are plenty of people in line waiting to adopt.
Seems foolish to me to kill off a child (sorry, "part of a woman's
body") when there are so many others who would want it.

At any rate, the OP did a nice job of very broad, negative definition
of Christians. If such negative characterizations were applied to
Jews, or Muslims or women or Blacks or homosexuals, they'd be called
anti-semitic, anti-muslim, sexist, racist or homophobic.

SMH
Old November 25th 09, 01:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Bill Baka

Stephen Harding wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I missed the OP so I am running off the following posts and of course it
is another hornet's nest issue. How it got bent into an abortion issue
on a bicycle group I don't know.
Bicycles -- abortion debate???????

Bill Baka
Old November 25th 09, 03:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Simon Lewis

Bill Baka writes:

Stephen Harding wrote:

Possibly when you said:

,----
| I am pro-choice since being born against a mother's will makes for a bad
| life. How about pro-good life? Why force an unwanted birth? Only a total
`----

Oops.

Old November 25th 09, 03:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
dgk

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 17:48:59 -0800, Bill Baka
wrote:

Stephen Harding wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I think all fetuses should have to wear a helmet.