Great moments in cycling reportage, technology edition

Old September 16th 11, 08:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

Default Great moments in cycling reportage, technology edition

James Huang, a guy whose writing I liked even before he got the
Cycling News gig that keeps him in ramen and out of dumpsters,
descended to a new low this week.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/...me-trial-frame

He reported on a new time trial frame from a fairly-new-to-bikes
manufacturer that wasn't yet available, hadn't been wind tunnel
tested, and didn't actually exist:

"...the company still has to validate the new form in the wind tunnel
– not to mention figure out the lay-up schedule as the prototypes
shown at Interbike were just mock-ups – it at least looks the part for
now."

The NeilPryde Bayamo. Amazingly, they DO have a price point for it.

In other news, someone called Mad Fiber has managed to cross a Mavic R-
SYS and a Spinergy Rev-X. I invite...someone else...to test out a set:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/...rbon-clinchers
Old September 16th 11, 10:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Brad Anders

On Sep 16, 12:49*pm, Ryan Cousineau wrote:

In other news, someone called Mad Fiber has managed to cross a Mavic R-
SYS and a Spinergy Rev-X. I invite...someone else...to test out a set:

One of the people behind Mad Fiber is Ric Hjertberg, founder of
Wheelsmith.

Old September 18th 11, 02:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jim Feeley

Brad Anders wrote:

On Sep 16, 12:49*pm, Ryan Cousineau wrote:

In other news, someone called Mad Fiber has managed to cross a Mavic R-
SYS and a Spinergy Rev-X. I invite...someone else...to test out a set:

One of the people behind Mad Fiber is Ric Hjertberg, founder of
Wheelsmith.

If his carbon fiber wheels scare you, he can sell you some wood rims and a
spoke machine...

Jim "lucky enough to know Ric and Jon when I was a kid" Feeley
--
Jim
Jim Feeley