Field Narrowed for TdF

Old February 6th 12, 12:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

Default Field Narrowed for TdF

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...fe191339 b100

DR
Old February 6th 12, 01:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
NoDannyNo

On Feb 6, 7:12*am, DirtRoadie wrote:
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...I1-Ykg5-TNHYmu...

DR

Contador is a dope-cheat and THE LANCE is vindicated. There should
now be no argument that THE LANCE is the Greatest Racing Cyclist of
All Time.
Old February 6th 12, 01:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Brad Anders

On Feb 6, 5:12*am, DirtRoadie wrote:
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...I1-Ykg5-TNHYmu...

DR

Looks like BL bet on the wrong horse going down. I'm surprised, I
didn't think CAS had it in them, but they've surprised me before (good
and bad). While this is the right decision, can't say it's a good one
for pro cycling, as it will likely add to the decline in sponsorship
and fan support. On the positive side, maybe the message will sink
through some more thick skulls.

Old February 6th 12, 01:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ilan[_2_]

On Feb 6, 2:42*pm, Brad Anders wrote:
On Feb 6, 5:12*am, DirtRoadie wrote:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...I1-Ykg5-TNHYmu...

DR

Looks like BL bet on the wrong horse going down. I'm surprised, I
didn't think CAS had it in them, but they've surprised me before (good
and bad). While this is the right decision, can't say it's a good one
for pro cycling, as it will likely add to the decline in sponsorship
and fan support. On the positive side, maybe the message will sink
through some more thick skulls.

The decision shows that athletes are not getting due process, since it
repeatedly states that "Contador was unable to prove..." Normally,
when someone is accused, then he is presumed innocent and it is up to
the prosecution to prove him guilty, he doesn't have to prove
anything.

-ilan
Old February 6th 12, 03:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
tritonrider

On Feb 6, 8:49*am, ilan wrote:

The decision shows that athletes are not getting due process, since it
repeatedly states that "Contador was unable to prove..." Normally,
when someone is accused, then he is presumed innocent and it is up to
the prosecution to prove him guilty, he doesn't have to prove
anything.

-ilan

Hey Ilan glad to see your still in the fight. I'm leaning towards he
was probably dirty, but I KNOW the system is dirty and broken as you
and Sandy have pointed out on many occasions.
Old February 6th 12, 04:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ilan[_2_]

On Feb 6, 4:07*pm, tritonrider wrote:
On Feb 6, 8:49*am, ilan wrote:

The decision shows that athletes are not getting due process, since it
repeatedly states that "Contador was unable to prove..." Normally,
when someone is accused, then he is presumed innocent and it is up to
the prosecution to prove him guilty, he doesn't have to prove
anything.

-ilan

Hey Ilan glad to see your still in the fight. I'm leaning towards he
was probably dirty, but I KNOW the system is dirty and broken as you
and Sandy have pointed out on many occasions.

Thanks! The most egregious CAS remark was that no previous case of
Clenbuterol had previously occured, implying that the first accused
must always be guilty.

However, it appears that in this case, the CAS verdict was consistent
with the version of due process they are given. Not so in the Landis
case where his defense proved that the laboratory evidence was
tainted, not to mention the even worse Mayo case.

-ilan
Old February 6th 12, 05:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

On Feb 6, 5:49*am, ilan wrote:
[...]

It's not a nice process, but it's all there in the WADA code. Strict
liability is a harsh mistress. And I don't say that as someone who was
rooting against Contador ("Congratulations Andy Schleck, how does it
feel to be the winner of the 2010 Tour de France?" "Pretty crap,
actually"). I'm a bit surprised they went with a 2-year ban. Given
that expires in August, this seems like a face-saving way of
justifying his 2-year limbo, and making sure he's out of the 2012 Tour
just for good measure.
Old February 6th 12, 06:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
--D-y

On Feb 6, 11:48*am, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
On Feb 6, 5:49*am, ilan wrote:

[...]

Yeah, it looks we got politics instead of justice and that is never a
"nice process".
(excuse me for jumping on your phrasing but such expression seems apt)

And "Schleck got ****ed on too". Not an honorable Yellow Jersey...
--D-y
Old February 6th 12, 06:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Zeno

On Feb 6, 5:49*am, ilan wrote:

[...]

Alberto attacked Andy when he dropped his chain when he was in yellow.

Karma