Radioshack tdf lineup

Old June 20th 13, 05:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Randall Shimizu

Default Radioshack tdf lineup

I was really surprised to learn that Radioshack has not required
Fabian Cancerella to ride in this years TDF. I think it will be hard
for RS to get any stage wins this year. I doubt we will see much from
Andy Schleck.

It's time for RS to put the Schleck's on performance based pay and
hire some new talent.
Old June 20th 13, 07:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Gerrit

"Randall Shimizu" wrote in message
I was really surprised to learn that Radioshack has not required
Fabian Cancerella to ride in this years TDF. I think it will be hard
for RS to get any stage wins this year. I doubt we will see much from
Andy Schleck.

It's time for RS to put the Schleck's on performance based pay and
hire some new talent.

I don't think they can perform without some chemical help.

Old June 20th 13, 10:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Randall Shimizu

On Jun 19, 11:23*pm, "Gerrit" wrote:
"Randall Shimizu" wrote in message

I was really surprised to learn that Radioshack has not required
Fabian Cancerella to ride in this years TDF. I think it will be hard
for RS to get any stage wins this year. I doubt we will see much from
Andy Schleck.

It's time for RS to put the Schleck's on performance based pay and
hire some new talent.

I don't think they can perform without some chemical help.

I simply believe RS and the press jusst way overestimated the
Schleck's potential

Old June 20th 13, 03:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Flintstein

On 6/20/2013 1:23 AM, Gerrit wrote:

"Randall Shimizu" wrote in message
I was really surprised to learn that Radioshack has not required
Fabian Cancerella to ride in this years TDF. I think it will be hard
for RS to get any stage wins this year. I doubt we will see much from
Andy Schleck.

It's time for RS to put the Schleck's on performance based pay and
hire some new talent.

I don't think they can perform without some chemical help.

????

What makes you think riders (RS or other) are not getting chemical
help?

Old June 20th 13, 11:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Randall Shimizu

On Thursday, June 20, 2013 7:08:07 AM UTC-7, Fred Flintstein wrote:
On 6/20/2013 1:23 AM, Gerrit wrote:

"Randall Shimizu" wrote in message

I was really surprised to learn that Radioshack has not required

Fabian Cancerella to ride in this years TDF. I think it will be hard

for RS to get any stage wins this year. I doubt we will see much from

Andy Schleck.

It's time for RS to put the Schleck's on performance based pay and

hire some new talent.

I don't think they can perform without some chemical help.

????

Let's remember that it was his Frank Schleck that was found positive for doping. I am so tired of the doping guilt by innuendo gossip. This is why cycling needs to quantify and implement Greg Lemond's proposal to implement watts vs VO2 max proposal. This way we could have a definitive way to determine if a rider is doping or not. I am disappointed that Lemond is not running for the UCI president.

Old June 21st 13, 04:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Flintstein

On 6/20/2013 5:20 PM, Randall Shimizu wrote:
Let's remember that it was his Frank Schleck that was found positive for doping. I am so tired of the doping guilt by innuendo gossip. This is why cycling needs to quantify and implement Greg Lemond's proposal to implement watts vs VO2 max proposal. This way we could have a definitive way to determine if a rider is doping or not. I am disappointed that Lemond is not running for the UCI president.

Dumbass,

Good counter troll. There isn't much traffic left here anymore so
I'm not sure it'll amount to anything.

Old June 22nd 13, 06:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Cicero_Venatio

Dumbass,

Good counter troll. There isn't much traffic left here anymore so
I'm not sure it'll amount to anything.

--------------
Cycling isn't a sport, Lance proved that. And you wonder where the
traffic went?? In a desperate search for a legitimate sport I suspect.
Old June 22nd 13, 11:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Sir Gregory Hall, Esq·

"Cicero_Venatio" wrote in message

Dumbass,

Good counter troll. There isn't much traffic left here anymore so
I'm not sure it'll amount to anything.

--------------
Cycling isn't a sport, Lance proved that. And you wonder where the traffic
went?? In a desperate search for a legitimate sport I suspect.

It's all so meaningless anymore. The main question that arises
during and after every race is how the doping controls are being
cheated.

It is clear that the riders aren't what they used to be and this is
due to their having to not abuse performance enhancing drugs
as much but NOBODY really believes they are riding drug-free.

So, it all ends up being a farce. The bureaucracy has taken over
and the riders are just puppets on a string pedaling at the
behest of the bureaucracy in fear of exposure and censure. All
the stupid rules have become the focus and the racing is an
afterthought.

When is the last time a so-called superior athlete has ridden
away from the peloton like the great Eddy Merckx routinely
did? I can't remember it happening for a couple of generations
now. It used to be it couldn't happen because one drug abusing
rider would be chased by other drug abusing riders. Now it's
one slightly less drug abusing rider being chased by the same.
It's a level playing field because drug abuse still occurs.

Sad!

--
Sir Gregory

Old June 24th 13, 09:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Randall Shimizu

Despite the story about Trek acquiring Becca's pro license, delivering publicity value to their sponsors should be one of Radio Shack's management top concerns. I would argue that Trek will need a a major co-sponsor so that they can hire the talent they need. Cancellara argues that he skipping the TDF to train for the world road championships. The problem however is that winning the World Road Championships is a iffy proposition at best. Even if he rode the TDF 2 months seems more than adequate time to train for the worlds.

If Frank Schleck is kicked off the team Andy Schleck has indicated that he would not stay. Another issue is that Trek could very decide that sponsoring a team does not make sense now. In the end RS without Cancellara does not make much sense.

On Wednesday, June 19, 2013 9:31:17 PM UTC-7, Randall Shimizu wrote:
I was really surprised to learn that Radio shack has not required

Fabian Cancellara to ride in this years TDF. I think it will be hard

Old June 25th 13, 04:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael[_10_]

On Monday, June 24, 2013 3:06:11 PM UTC-5, Randall Shimizu wrote:
[...]

The bumpy course does not suit Spartacus.