Andre Jute FAQ

Old May 4th 09, 06:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Antitroll

Default Andre Jute FAQ

The Andre Jute FAQ v1.0

Q: Why a Jute FAQ?

A: To save newbies and casual vistors to RBT from wasting a lot of time on a
serial troll.

Q: Who is Andre Jute anyway?

A: The only things known with reasonable certainty is that he was born in
Oudtshoorn, South Africa in 1945 and, beginning in the 1980's he wrote and
published a succession of books.

Q: What sort of books?

A: A number of thrillers, now all out of print and a number of "how to" manuals
on writing, special automobile design and graphic design.

Q: Are the books any good?

A: No.

Q: Isn't that just your opinion?

A: If you don't want to believe me search www.abebooks.com under Andre Jute or
his pen-name Andrew McCoy and buy some second-hand copies for yourself.

Q: He seems like a very knowledgeable and experienced cyclist. What's not to
like?

A: He has lots of opinions; all calculated to prove that his current bicycle is
the best of all possible bicycles and that anyone who likes a different sort of
bike or a different sort of cycling is a fashion victim and a fool.

Q: What sort of bike does he ride?

A: Irrelevant to this FAQ. It changes from time to time but each one is the
greatest bike ever and the only one anybody of discerning taste would ride.

Q: Can't you give us a hint?

A: Oh all right! Four years ago it was a Dutch city bike clunker. Two years ago
it was a Trek comfort bike with Shimano Nexus automatic hub. Now it's a forty
five pound German ladies bike with Rohloff hub and huge tyres.

Q: I see Andre Jute refer to incidents in an adventurous life from time to time.
Surely he's a man of great talent and wide experience?

A: There is absolutely no independent confirmation of any of Jute's claims about
what he's built or what he's done. He is a fluent liar with a certain basic
competence in the English language so it is safe to say that any biographical
details he lets drop are the product of a fantastic imagination.

Q: What about his book "Designing and Building Special Cars"? That book was once
placed in the hands of every junior engineer starting at a major US car
manufacturer.

A: It changes. One minute it's the Bible of every junior engineer, the next
minute Jute made millions licensing it as a promotional giveaway for some
un-named chain of US car parts stores. If you actually read it, it is full of
cut-and-paste design information that could have been culled from anywhere and
generic photos from special car builders. There is no evidence that Jute himself
has ever approached a car with welding torch in hand.

Q: What's wrong with trolling? Isn't it just a bit of gentle fun at the expense
of the stuffed shirts on a newsgroup?

A: It can be very damaging to the utility and enjoyment of an information and
discussion group when a prolific troll attempts to make the group revolve around
him. Andre Jute spent fifteen years doing it on various tube audio forums and he's
attempting it again on RBT.
Here's an academics take on trolling.

"Trolling is a game about identity deception, albeit one that is played without
the consent of most of the players. The troll attempts to pass as a legitimate
participant, sharing the group's common interests and concerns; the newsgroups
members, if they are cognizant of trolls and other identity deceptions, attempt
to both distinguish real from trolling postings, and upon judging a poster a
troll, make the offending poster leave the group. Their success at the former
depends on how well they - and the troll - understand identity cues; their
success at the latter depends on whether the troll's enjoyment is sufficiently
diminished or outweighed by the costs imposed by the group. "

For more start at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

Q: Why not just killfile him?

A: Many do. However, if you don't have a newsreader that kills entire threads
you will see posts from readers who insist on replying to him and it makes the
newsgroup look untidy.

Q: Why not just have a bit of fun needling him?

A: Sure, if you have a thick skin and can tolerate lies and being called
everything from an ignoramus to a chronic masturbator. Be warned however, you
will not "win".

An obsessive troll like Jute has many tactics to ensure that they emerge
victorious, ranging from introducing red herrings to simply announcing that they
have "won" and retiring. If you are an experienced user you can enjoy
identifying each tactic and even pointing them out. However, you won't stop him
and you may gain a reputation as a troll yourself for encouraging him.

Q: Is Andre Jute mentally ill?

A: Who knows? It's a futile business doing amateur psychiatric diagnosis over
the Internet and what would be the point? Some have suggested Munchausens
syndrome but that's not exactly the invention of tall tales to gain attention.
Narcissistic personality disorder might be more on the money. Again, what's the
point? Especially when the literature reports that clinical treatment of NPD
does not work well anyway.

Q: Won't having a FAQ about him only reinforce Jute's opinion that he's a very
important personality on Usenet?

A: That's the risk we take. On balance, it's worthwhile warning newcomers to the
group about him.

Old May 5th 09, 09:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Antitroll

"mike" wrote in message
Oh that's good - can you do it twice weekly without running out of
material?

Mike

I have about three years worth.
Until next week, here's another AJGLFTP (Andre Jute Great Lie From The Past)
just for you.

"Back in
my reckless youth, to kill crocodiles eating too many people on the
banks of the Oubangie in the Congo, we mined the river with nitro in
jam jars on twine and then threw in a log to blow up a couple or three
miles of the river at once. We made the nitro by heating dynamite in a
frying pan over a campfire to sweat out the jelly. There's a complete
description in "African Revenge" by Andrew McCoy
http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/THE%20WRITER'S%20HOUSE.html
For a test I made a hole in a tree about four feet thick, put in an
ali cigar tube of nitro, then threw a log against the tree from about
thirty paces, and landed another thirty paces back and about fifteen
feet up in the branches of a tree face to face with a black tree snake
(no antidote; you die excruciatingly in 7-9 minutes); fortunately the
snake decided I was unlikely, considering my explosive habits, to live
to be a threat to it, and glided away with only a single disdainful
look over its shoulder. "

Old May 6th 09, 02:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
mike[_8_]

In article ,
says...

"mike" wrote in message
[...]

Clearly that one _must_ be fabrication on TAJ's part, as snakes do not
have shoulders.

Mike
Old May 6th 09, 08:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Michael Press

In article ,
Still Just Me wrote:

On Tue, 05 May 2009 08:02:15 GMT, "Antitroll"
wrote:

[...]

That begs the question of why he didn't just throw some nitro on the
snake and then whack it with a log.

That is what he did. The nitroglycerine detonated
and blew the log back smacking him between the eyes.
That is why he is the way he is. Please do not make
fun of the handicapped.

--
Michael Press
Old May 9th 09, 01:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jim beam[_5_]

Still Just Me wrote:
On Mon, 04 May 2009 20:15:43 -0700, jim beam wrote:

My compliments to the Chef for a good laugh.

Is a jim beam FAQ to follow?

why don't you write it?

I don't have the hands on experience with diesel jim.

what /do/ you have?
Old May 9th 09, 04:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jim beam[_5_]

Still Just Me wrote:
On Fri, 08 May 2009 17:53:56 -0700, jim beam wrote:

Still Just Me wrote:
On Mon, 04 May 2009 20:15:43 -0700, jim beam wrote:

My compliments to the Chef for a good laugh.

Is a jim beam FAQ to follow?

why don't you write it?
I don't have the hands on experience with diesel jim.

what /do/ you have?

An "arrogant putz" meter. You spike it in almost every post you make.

it spikes? is there some kind of crossed connection with your "avoid
fessing up to your lack of experience" meter perchance?
Old May 12th 09, 04:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jim beam[_5_]

Still Just Me wrote:
On Fri, 08 May 2009 20:47:06 -0700, jim beam wrote:

I don't have the hands on experience with diesel jim.
what /do/ you have?
An "arrogant putz" meter. You spike it in almost every post you make.

it spikes? is there some kind of crossed connection with your "avoid
fessing up to your lack of experience" meter perchance?

I have plenty of experience jim. For example, I have experience with
diagnosing and treating narcissism, a personality trait that moves
from "trait" to "affliction" when found in the severity to which you
suffer from it.

The sad part about narcism is that like most personality
characteristics, it becomes a disease when found at high levels. Since
the narcissist (that's you) by definition believes that they can do no
wrong and have no faults, they will never seek treatment, despite
obvious signs to everyone else that they need help. Of course, it can
be cured in the clinic but since the narcissist can generally function
in normal life (with some issues, see below), treatment never occurs
unless the narcissist suffers from other psychological conditions
which force treatment.

So, you continue to believe that you do no wrong. You believe that
your experience constitutes the world as it is. You believe that your
opinion cannot be challenged because it's by (your) definition, always
right.

When you are found to be wrong (as happens here frequently) you use a
variety of defensive techniques that allow you to continue to believe
in your superiority while avoiding having to admit that you were ever
wrong. Many of these techniques have been outlined in posts here but
they include changing the target of the argument, changing the
conditions of the argument, or in cases where that does not work,
attacking the other party.

But, while you continue through life believing in your greatness,
those around you suffer. They have to deal with your arrogant
attitude, your short temper, your frequent outbursts, and your general
inflexibility. So, you think the world looks up at you; the world
looks at you, using a clinical term, as an asshole.

i think i'm going to cry. oh, wait, no i'm not.

but moving on to things relevant to r.b.tech, what experience do you
have of diesels? or any machine's design and materials come to that?

Old May 18th 09, 01:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
samvaknin[_2_]

Cyber Narcissist

http://malignantselflove.tripod.com/journal67.html
Old May 18th 09, 01:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jim beam[_5_]

samvaknin wrote:
Cyber Narcissist

http://malignantselflove.tripod.com/journal67.html

awesome post!

"Because it is still largely text-based, the Web is populated by
disembodied entities. By interacting with these intermittent,
unpredictable, ultimately unknowable, ephemeral, and ethereal voices –
the narcissist is compelled to project unto them his own experiences,
fears, hopes, and prejudices.

The therapeutic process is set in motion by the – unbridled, uncensored,
and brutally honest - reactions to the narcissist's repertory of antics,
pretensions, delusions, and fantasies.

The narcissist – ever the intimidating bully – is not accustomed to such
resistance. Initially, it may heighten and sharpen his paranoia and lead
him to compensate by extending and deepening his grandiosity. Some
narcissists withdraw altogether, reverting to the schizoid posture.
Others become openly antisocial and seek to subvert, sabotage, and
destroy the online sources of their frustration. A few retreat and
confine themselves to the company of adoring sycophants and
unquestioning groupies."

now /that/ is our darling andre - the killfile king!
Old May 18th 09, 03:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On May 18, 1:31*pm, samvaknin wrote:
Cyber Narcissist

http://malignantselflove.tripod.com/journal67.html

LOL. I don't imagine even Shmuel Vaknin and
) would sink so low as to enter
the stalker Peter Howard's threads merely to promote his {self-
published) book. Howard is a wannabe writer who will never be
published; he has been stalking me for a decade or more. His
motivation is the same envy that ensures he will never be publishable.

But what's so funny is that poor Howard and the other RBT clowns, who
all claim to be experts on everything, when they choose an expert on
narcissism choose a jailbird and financial crook, whose CV includes:

"... in 1995 ... was tried for his role in an attempted takeover of
Israel's Agriculture Bank [and, clearly, convicted because the next
entry reads:]
"Was interned [jailed!] in the State School of Prison Wardens.
"Managed the Central School [Prison!} Library, wrote, published and
lectured on various occasions [to the other prisoners?]
[On release from jail in Israel] "Financial consultant to leading
businesses in Macedonia, Russia and the Czech Republic."
-- from
http://samvak.tripod.com/cv.html

Now, unlike Vaknin, I am actually a psychologist. And I would have to
say, if asked, that anyone who, like Vaknin, seeks interviews and
publicity but tries to hide the fact is -- a narcissist. Here is
Vaknin "granting" interviews:

"Interview granted to Misty Harris of CanWes"
"Interview granted to Agencia Efe"
"Interview granted to About.com"

Source: http://malignantselflove.tripod.com/journal67.html

Jesus, this man Vaknin has to seek out the truly minor media because
the reputable print and television media won't have him -- and he's
the RBT clowns' chosen expert on narcissism! He "grants" interviews
like he's the Holy Spirit -- and he's the RBT clowns' chosen expert on
narcissism! He tries to hide the fact that he's a compulsive publicity
seeker -- and he's the RBT clowns' chosen expert on narcissism! He's a
jailbird -- which on Professor Hare's scale is statistically very
likely to put a narcissist into the the sociopathic category as well
-- and he's the RBT clowns' chosen expert on narcissism! He can't
interest a legitimate publisher in his book, so he self publishes it
-- another surefire indicator of a narcissist, that he considers his
opinion so important, he will pay to spread it -- and he's the RBT
clowns' chosen expert on narcissism!

Lovelly!

By the way, I reckon Vaknin is right about Wikipedia, but then the
difference between me and the RBT clowns is that I can see shades of
grey, I don't demand that everything and everyone be either black or
white.

Andre Jute
Never more brutal than he has to be -- Nelson Mandela

PS: Keep it up boys! One of these days -- maybe even in the next
decade or two -- you'll get lucky and one of you little pudding-pulls
will do something right. Meanwhile, thanks for the giggles.