Agreed: LeMond was the greatest

Old February 24th 12, 07:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Cicero Venatio

Default Agreed: LeMond was the greatest

Can we all agree now that Greg LeMond was America's greatest Tour
rider?
Old February 24th 12, 09:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Flintstein

On 2/24/2012 1:22 PM, cicero venatio wrote:
Can we all agree now that Greg LeMond was America's greatest Tour
rider?

Can we agree that you should ask your author to update your topic
selection code?

Old February 24th 12, 10:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
--D-y

On Feb 24, 1:22*pm, cicero venatio wrote:
Can we all agree now that Greg LeMond was America's greatest Tour
rider?

When did "now" start? I mean, what happened to start a new now, or
whatever it is that you might be possibly be referencing-- giving you
the credit for "referencing" anything?

Short answer: No.
--D-y
Old February 24th 12, 11:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
raamman

On Feb 24, 2:22*pm, cicero venatio wrote:
Can we all agree now that Greg LeMond was America's greatest Tour
rider?

you wouldn t happen to be the lemon himself, would you ?
Old February 25th 12, 02:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Dave Lee

"--D-y" wrote in message

On Feb 24, 1:22 pm, cicero venatio wrote:
Can we all agree now that Greg LeMond was America's greatest Tour
rider?

When did "now" start? I mean, what happened to start a new now, or
whatever it is that you might be possibly be referencing-- giving you
the credit for "referencing" anything?

Short answer: No.
--D-y

How about 'now' being the time/date stamp of the post - DUH!

dave

Old February 25th 12, 07:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
--D-y

On Feb 25, 8:43*am, "Dave Lee" wrote:
"--D-y" *wrote in message
On Feb 24, 1:22 pm, cicero venatio wrote:
Can we all agree now that Greg LeMond was America's greatest Tour
rider?

When did "now" start? I mean, what happened to start a new now, or
whatever it is that you might be possibly be referencing-- giving you
the credit for "referencing" anything?
Short answer: No.
--D-y

How about 'now' being the time/date stamp of the post - DUH!

I'll try again.
When did "now" start? I mean, what happened-- IF ANYTHING-- to start a
"new 'now'", or whatever it is that the OP might possibly be
referencing?
Since there was no answer from the OP, I can only guess that there
wasn't some event, happening, court finding, etc. etc. that might have
somehow changed Greg Lemond's "ugliest loser" status.

IOW, for example: despite the howling from some quarters, the expected
(in some quarters) legal prosecution of Lance Armstrong et al. was
dropped. That's the latest news I remember seeing. I could have easily
missed some sort of news or "intelligence" regarding, for example, the
drive (from some quarters) to take one or more of Lance Armstrong's
Tour de France victories away from him. That's the only way Greg
Lemond is going to somehow climb back up to the top of the "America's
Greatest Tour Rider" ladder. Not forgetting for a New York second that
Greg Lemond fit the "doper profile", himself.

Did that help with your "duh" problem?
--D-y

Old February 26th 12, 02:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Dave Lee

"--D-y" wrote in message

[...]

The post above attempting to make the concept of 'now' something requiring
an explanation speaks for itself and I have nothing to add.

dave

Old February 26th 12, 04:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fredmaster of Brainerd

On Feb 25, 7:17*pm, "Dave Lee" wrote:

The post above attempting to make the concept of 'now' something requiring
an explanation speaks for itself and I have nothing to add.

With the new retroactive results-altering regime at the
UCI/WADA, all determinations of "greatest rider"
and other hero-worship are "now." Tomorrow, the
greatest rider of all time may be different. Live for
the moment.

It's all very be-here-now, Baba Ram Dass of them.

Fredmaster Ben
RBR Guru
Old February 26th 12, 04:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Brad Anders

On Feb 24, 12:22*pm, cicero venatio wrote:
Can we all agree now that Greg LeMond was America's greatest Tour
rider?

Andy Hampsten was the greatest, because he won the Giro by winning the
Stelvio stage in the snow and beating that Dutch guy. Greg Lemond
never did that.
Old February 26th 12, 09:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmUZ6nCFNoU