Buddhist Bicycle Jerseys

Old April 2nd 04, 08:23 PM
Peter W.

Default Buddhist Bicycle Jerseys

I'm thinking about making a very small run of Buddhist-themed bicycle
jerseys. My first attempt would be using an image of Guan-Yin
{Chinese), Kannon {Jap}, Kwanseum Bosal {Kor}:

http://www.ratsurfer.com/claire/400/...holy_water.jpg

She is the female manifestation of the Bodhisattva Avelokitshvara.

Is anyone interesting in having a jersey made for them ?

If interested, email me directly. I don't often read this newsgroup.
Thanks.

All artwork would be appropriately licensed from the artist. All
attempts will be made to hold the cost down to what you'd pay for a
comparable commercial team logo jersey.

Peter
Old April 2nd 04, 08:37 PM
Holy Smoke

Why don't you make a jersey out of Jesus, Maria and Holy Father?
Sounds strange, right?
Your idea of making a jersey out of Buddhist figures sounds exactly strange
to a buddhist.

om...

Old April 2nd 04, 08:39 PM
JimLane

Peter W. wrote:
I'm thinking about making a very small run of Buddhist-themed bicycle
jerseys. My first attempt would be using an image of Guan-Yin
{Chinese), Kannon {Jap}, Kwanseum Bosal {Kor}:

http://www.ratsurfer.com/claire/400/...holy_water.jpg

She is the female manifestation of the Bodhisattva Avelokitshvara.

Is anyone interesting in having a jersey made for them ?

If interested, email me directly. I don't often read this newsgroup.
Thanks.

All artwork would be appropriately licensed from the artist. All
attempts will be made to hold the cost down to what you'd pay for a
comparable commercial team logo jersey.

Peter

Hmmm, why did you spell out Chinese and abbreviate Japanese and Korean?
Its a matter of respect.

Why not work up some sketches and post them on a website?

jim
Old April 2nd 04, 10:09 PM
Jenny

"Holy Smoke" wrote in news:9ijbc.2506$%%1.16454
@newscontent-01.sprint.ca:
Why don't you make a jersey out of Jesus, Maria and Holy Father?
Sounds strange, right?

I have seen jerseys like that, printed for a evangelical church bike tour. It
does look kind of strange. I suppose most public religious displays will look
strange to some people (both religious and not). Some people take religion
very seriously, so you may want to have your religious friends critique the
design before printing it. Personally, I would stick to something less
controversial, like politics.
Old April 2nd 04, 11:38 PM
Ground Zero

"Jenny" wrote in message
"Holy Smoke" wrote in news:9ijbc.2506$%%1.16454
@newscontent-01.sprint.ca:
Why don't you make a jersey out of Jesus, Maria and Holy Father?
Sounds strange, right?

I have seen jerseys like that, printed for a evangelical church bike tour.

It
does look kind of strange. I suppose most public religious displays will

look
strange to some people (both religious and not). Some people take

religion
very seriously, so you may want to have your religious friends critique

the
design before printing it. Personally, I would stick to something less
controversial, like politics.

World Jerseys already has a Bhuddist jersey for women. We don't keep that
one in stock, but can special order it for customers.

Stuart Winsor
Ground Zero Cycles

Old April 3rd 04, 03:46 AM
Kaputnik

Well, you can get pictures of Jesus on T shirts. For example:

http://www.choiceshirts.com/store/pr...=Inspirational

Having this on a jersey wouldn't be any stranger.

I don't know how many Buddhists would find the OP's idea strange. I'm
neither Christian nor Buddhist.

"Holy Smoke" wrote in message ...
Why don't you make a jersey out of Jesus, Maria and Holy Father?
Sounds strange, right?
Your idea of making a jersey out of Buddhist figures sounds exactly strange
to a buddhist.

om...

Old April 3rd 04, 06:52 AM
Tim McNamara

(Kaputnik) writes:

Well, you can get pictures of Jesus on T shirts. For example:

http://www.choiceshirts.com/store/pr...=Inspirational

Having this on a jersey wouldn't be any stranger.

I don't know how many Buddhists would find the OP's idea strange.
I'm neither Christian nor Buddhist.

I see people driving cars, wearing T-shirts and cycling in jerseys
festooned with what seem to me to be obsequious Christian images;
many people's faith is such that they lose all sense of perspective
and alientate as many people as they touch. Frankly, I find public
displays of faith as irritating as public displays of sexuality.

IMHO the image presented isn't appealing as a cycling jersey in its
own right- the image has no connection to cycling in any way. Put
Hotei on a bike and maybe you've got something.