Ride to work day

Old October 8th 03, 01:48 AM
Tim Jones

Default Ride to work day

Road into the city today to check out festivities at Federation Square
Melbourne for ride to work day.

Plenty of people turned. The queue was too long to get any food however -
too many people there to run it as a single orderly queue!

So, picked up my powerade, registered for the event and with bike vic and
left to head back to my normal destination of Hawthorn.

Cheers,

Tim

Old October 8th 03, 03:18 AM
hippy

"Tim Jones" wrote in message
. au...
Road into the city today to check out festivities at Federation Square
Melbourne for ride to work day.

Me too.

Plenty of people turned. The queue was too long to get any food

however -
too many people there to run it as a single orderly queue!

That was pretty funny.. I just kinda idled up and grabbed some munchies
then registered and looked around for a couple of minutes and then
noticed the line was over a hundred people long!! Good timing on my
part! :-)

So, picked up my powerade, registered for the event and with bike vic

and
left to head back to my normal destination of Hawthorn.

Hey, me too. Didn't see a grotty looking singlespeeder heading back to
Hawthorn did you? :-)

hippy
- the aforementioned grotty one

Old October 10th 03, 01:55 AM
cfsmtb

The bagels were plentiful but a tad dry & chewy. More BV vol's needed on
the tables. Mal Webb playing live is pleasant first thing in the
morning. Narrowly missed out on the freebie sunglass toss into the
crowd. Instead of free food why doesn't BV give out free beer? Sure to
increase participation x 10 fold. Works for us.

Fred Square badly designed, catches the cold Westernies. Fred Square
paving not good for cleats.

--
it's all a creeping beige conspiracy

Old October 10th 03, 02:48 AM
hippy

"cfsmtb" wrote in message
The bagels were plentiful but a tad dry & chewy. More BV vol's needed

on

Uh huh.

the tables. Mal Webb playing live is pleasant first thing in the

'cept for the feedback...

morning. Narrowly missed out on the freebie sunglass toss into the
crowd. Instead of free food why doesn't BV give out free beer?

OH YEAH!!! :-D (imagines horrified look on bosses face as I stumble
in...)
(I think the emphasis was on enviro-friendly and "healthy" trip to work?
;-))

Fred Square badly designed, catches the cold Westernies. Fred Square
paving not good for cleats.

Though no problem for basketball boots...

hippy