Tough day for cyclists

Old September 12th 03, 10:45 PM
Fred

Default Tough day for cyclists

The South Bend Indiana Tribune had an article about 3 auto/bicycle accidents
in one day in our area. (wednesday Sep. 10.) One of them killed the
cyclist. One of them was the cyclist's fault (ran a traffic light.) Tough
day for cyclists to be sure.

Old September 13th 03, 03:13 AM
Burn Gum! It Melts!

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 21:45:18 GMT, "Fred" said:

The South Bend Indiana Tribune had an article about 3 auto/bicycle accidents
in one day in our area. (wednesday Sep. 10.) One of them killed the
cyclist. One of them was the cyclist's fault (ran a traffic light.) Tough
day for cyclists to be sure.

Today some asswipe came within about an inch of intentionally running me
off the road.

I got their license plate number, and the police were promptly notified.

--

I think. Therefore, I am not a conservative!
----- http://members.iglou.com/bandit ------

Check out my blog blogga blog at http://bandit73.pitas.com

Say NO to Ernie "Hey Bert" Fletcher! Vote for the other bozo!
Better yet, don't vote at all! It just encourages the jerks!
Old September 13th 03, 09:31 AM
Luigi de Guzman

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 04:06:44 -0400, "Eric S. Sande"
wrote:

I got their license plate number, and the police were promptly notified.

For all the good it will probably do.

Here's hoping the cops do more than roll their eyes.

Statistical anomalies make good copy. You're far less likely to die
on the road on a bicycle than you are to die in Afghanistan on a
search and destroy mission.

The postmodern mind can't deal with rational risk analysis. There is
a great propensity to magnify statistically-insignificant risks....

Why haven't my tax dollars bought me Osama bin Laden's head on a stick?

Every time I hear Osama's name spoken, I think of Elvis.

How many Elvis sightings do you think there are, a year?

-Luigi
Old September 13th 03, 02:59 PM
Burn Gum! It Melts!

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 03:51:03 -0400, Luigi de Guzman
said:

For all the good it will probably do.

Here's hoping the cops do more than roll their eyes.

If those guys don't get put in jail, there will be a lawsuit.

I will pursue this case until there's consequences.

Old September 13th 03, 05:21 PM
Rich Clark

"Burn Gum! It Melts!" wrote in message
On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 21:45:18 GMT, "Fred" said:

The South Bend Indiana Tribune had an article about 3 auto/bicycle

accidents
in one day in our area. (wednesday Sep. 10.) One of them killed the
cyclist. One of them was the cyclist's fault (ran a traffic light.)

Tough
day for cyclists to be sure.

Today some asswipe came within about an inch of intentionally running me
off the road.

I got their license plate number, and the police were promptly notified.

Good luck. Last time I checked, "almost hit me" wasn't a crime. As for
intent, well, "sez who?"

RichC

Old September 13th 03, 05:39 PM
Robin Hubert

"Rich Clark" wrote in message

"Burn Gum! It Melts!" wrote in message
On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 21:45:18 GMT, "Fred" said:

The South Bend Indiana Tribune had an article about 3 auto/bicycle

accidents
in one day in our area. (wednesday Sep. 10.) One of them killed the
cyclist. One of them was the cyclist's fault (ran a traffic light.)

Tough
day for cyclists to be sure.

Today some asswipe came within about an inch of intentionally running me
off the road.

I got their license plate number, and the police were promptly notified.

Good luck. Last time I checked, "almost hit me" wasn't a crime. As for
intent, well, "sez who?"

You just gave a good reason for vigilante justice.

--
Robin Hubert

Old September 13th 03, 07:26 PM
William Blum

"Fred" wrote in message
t...
The South Bend Indiana Tribune had an article about 3 auto/bicycle

accidents
in one day in our area. (wednesday Sep. 10.) One of them killed the
cyclist. One of them was the cyclist's fault (ran a traffic light.)

Tough
day for cyclists to be sure.

What part of South Bend was it?

I can think of some places I'd be reluctant to drive, let alone ride my bike
because of other drivers....

Elkhart always had a fair number of car vs. bike encounters...

Old September 13th 03, 09:33 PM
Chris Neary

Good luck. Last time I checked, "almost hit me" wasn't a crime.

Depends on where you live. Some states have a 3 foot minimum separation
requirement when passing bicycles.

Chris Neary

"Science, freedom, beauty, adventu what more could
you ask of life? Bicycling combined all the elements I
loved" - Adapted from a quotation by Charles Lindbergh
Old September 13th 03, 09:52 PM
The '70s Were Cool

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 14:26:10 -0400, "William Blum"
said:

Elkhart always had a fair number of car vs. bike encounters...

Gee, I wonder why.

Is it just a coincidence that all the places that are conservative
politically are also the most unfriendly to bicyclists?