Muni wheel

Old September 21st 06, 06:50 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

Default Muni wheel

results, please visit http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/53434
Question: Which wheel is best for muni?

- 16"
- 20"
- 24"
- 26"
- 29"
- 30" or bigger

I want to start but does anyone no wot wheel size is best for
muni?

--
thejdw

guy on one wheel
thejdw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13230

Old September 21st 06, 07:10 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tholub

How many mountains are there in East Horsley, Surrey?

(The best wheel size depends on the terrain).

--
tholub

Old September 21st 06, 07:11 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

There are hills and woods.

Old September 21st 06, 07:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Tim Morin

I am not going to vote for a size, because it depends on what sort of
trails you are riding in. I have a KH24, and it's been fun riding
that. However, I recently started riding a 36 inch wheel, both on road
and in the trails, and I regret having bought the 24. The 36 is way
faster, and I can do pretty well anything on it that I can on the 24.

But again, I think it really depends on what you want to do with it.

--
Tim Morin
Tim Morin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11002

Old September 21st 06, 07:36 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
forrestunifreak

24" is the best for muni.

--
forrestunifreak

If I had a signature, it would look something like this.
*'My gallery-NAUCC 2006!'
(http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)*
Unicycle for Christ
*Banana's for Jesus!*

Old September 21st 06, 08:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
musketman

26" is best. I have rode a KH24 for almost 2 years and have switched to
a KH26 and for Muni, it owns all. Its faster, more stable in most
terrain, and has more parts avaliable for it. Oh yeah, and it has more
clearance from the cranks to ground. Its better.

The weight is somthing you get use to in like 20 min of riding after
riding a 24" for 2 years. The crap about 24"ers being able to ride more
technical terrain is like I said... Crap. The wheel sizes of the 2 are
so close that for a 24" to have an advantage over a 26", it would have
to be so technical we're talkin about trials..not Muni.So a 26" is
better for Muni.

--
musketman

MUSKETMAN
www.unicycle.com

For Sale: Parachute, only used once, never opened, small stain
musketman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9214

Old September 21st 06, 08:18 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pdc

musketman wrote:
26" is best. I have rode a KH24 for almost 2 years and have switched to
a KH26 and for Muni, it owns all. Its faster, more stable in most
terrain, and has more parts avaliable for it. Oh yeah, and it has more
clearance from the cranks to ground. Its better.

The weight is somthing you get use to in like 20 min of riding after
riding a 24" for 2 years. The crap about 24"ers being able to ride more
technical terrain is like I said... Crap. The wheel sizes of the 2 are
so close that for a 24" to have an advantage over a 26", it would have
to be so technical we're talkin about trials..not Muni.So a 26" is
better for Muni.

Aw come on, have an opinion.

--
pdc

"What doesn't kill you strengthens you, what kills you strengthens your
mother"
pdc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8160

Old September 21st 06, 08:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
habbywall

I like my 24, but it is tougher when you are sorta in a ditch, because
the bottom of the crank to the ground is not that much when you pedals
are vertical.

--
habbywall

January 1st, 2007 A NEW REVOLUTION
habbywall's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10260

Old September 21st 06, 09:04 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
trials_uni

I chose 24" cuz thats what i ride...I think that your choice will
largely depend on what type of muni you want to ride.

16" wheel is relatively useless for Muni unless you are only 3 ft tall

20" wheel is pretty much the same

24" wheel is that most largely used i think bacause it combines a good
level of speed aswell as alot of control because it isnt a huge wheel.
I use mine for DH Muni and its awsome

26" wheel is somewhat the same as a 24" but obviously a little more
bulky and e but quite considerably faster. It can be used for DH Muni
but is also great for XC

29" wheels aremostly used for XC riding because most 29er wheels cannot
take the starin that any DH would do to it(the exeption being Stockton
Wheels)

So thats what i kno but there are others here who kno alot more than
me.

-Phil

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !
'And the Spline Maintenance Guide!'

*Caution-I may have no idea what im talking about*

Old September 21st 06, 09:05 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
onewheeldave

One thing to clarify is that muni-ers when talking about 24" wheels
generally mean 24x3 ie 24" rim with a 3" tyre, which is actually closer
to a 26" wheel with standard tyre.

As relatively few people actually use a 24" (without 3" tyre) this
means that it's safe to say that the most popular size for muni is
26".

Cokers -are- used for muni, but it tends to be mild/non-technical/cross
country, ie going faster on relatively easy trails- the same applies,
to a lesser extent, to the 29-er.

'Muni' was defined by unicyclists like Kris Holm, who originally used a
26" set-up. When the 24" rim/3" tyre set-up became available, he seems
to have switched over to it- this would suggest that for the highly
technical variety of muni ridden by Kris Holm, that 24x3 is
preferable.

Those who prefer more speed and less technical will go for 26" (though,
given that a 26"-er is only very slightly bigger than the 24x3, 26x3
may be a better choice than a stanard 26" tyre) or a 29-er; in a few
cases, the Coker, though I'm not sure 'muni' is the best term for
anything that a coker can ride.

--
onewheeldave

"You can't outrun Death forever.