Muni wheel

Old October 1st 06, 12:54 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unichomp

Default Muni wheel

I have been riding a 24x3 for two years and have just recently started
riding a 26x3. I am sold on the 26 for everything but the most steep
and knarly downhill (40 degree slope etc.) and i am learning each ride
that perhaps the 26 is ideal for that terrain as well. I like the
extra clearance and speed and it seems to roll over obstacles so
easily. I still like my 24 for trials type riding but i must say that
i am a 26 convert for now. Eventually you will own both cause muni is
like potato chips, one will never do.

--
unichomp
unichomp's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11814

Old October 1st 06, 04:18 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mark williamson

I'm voting 29er for cross-country stuff of moderate difficulty, but for
many things the 36" can ride, it'll be even faster and more fun than
the 29. I actually prefer the 36er in many ways, so would vote for
both if I could!

The highly technical stuff generally demands smaller wheels, fatter
tyres, and longer cranks than the kind of riding I have access to
around these parts.

Gizmo: There's a 29 x 2.5 tyre??? I heard a rumour that some company
was coming out with something huge (was it the Weirwolf) but the
largest I've heard of actually being available is 29x2.35... What tyre
are you looking at?

--
mark williamson

Dave: Just a question. What use is a unicyle with no seat? And no
pedals!
Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!
mark williamson's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11301

Old October 1st 06, 05:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

I'm not realy looking for a particular type of tire but the one on the
unicycle i'm looking to buy come christmas(26" Nimbus Muni) has a 26 x
3.0" Duro Wildlife Leopard tyre

--
thejdw

Which idiot said unicycling was for clowns?
thejdw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13230

Old October 2nd 06, 05:50 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

Does any one think that getting the nimbus wounld not be a good idea
bearing in mind that this would be my fist muni?

Old October 2nd 06, 05:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tholub

thejdw wrote:
Does any one think that getting the nimbus wounld not be a good idea
bearing in mind that this would be my fist muni?

My first MUni was a Yuni 26x3", very similar to the Nimbus. I rode it
happily for years, and it would still be my primary uni if I hadn't won
a KH. It still gets ridden by someone else on our group rides fairly
often, as it's a better MUni than many of those available to the people
we ride with.

Enjoy it!

--
tholub

Old October 2nd 06, 05:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

Yeah the nimbus is good, i had one as my first muni, it will last you
well unless you get in to doing big drops and technical stuff, i broke
mine after about 1 1/2 years but that included alot of drops on hard
surfaces and trials type stuff, for blasting woodlands fields etc. this
would be a great ride. Incidentally I don't think there are any
production 26 munis available in the UK (all the others are 24) so if
you're set on 26 then you either have to have a nimbus or custom build
a uni from parts, which costs more.

--
kington99

Dave

Old October 2nd 06, 05:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

Thanks

Old October 2nd 06, 09:03 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

kington99 wrote:
Yeah the nimbus is good, i had one as my first muni, it will last you
well unless you get in to doing big drops and technical stuff, i broke
mine after about 1 1/2 years but that included alot of drops on hard
surfaces and trials type stuff, for blasting woodlands fields etc. this
would be a great ride. Incidentally I don't think there are any
production 26 munis available in the UK (all the others are 24) so if
you're set on 26 then you either have to have a nimbus or custom build
a uni from parts, which costs more.

UDC uk sell 26"ers

Old October 2nd 06, 09:36 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

They have the Koxx track monster 26" which I'd forgotten about when i
said that, otherwise only the Nimbus (the Pashley doesn't count) so
your choice is pretty limited, compared to the Nimbus, Onza, KH, Koxx
and QuAx 24 munis they sell.

Incidentally how tall are you and how much do you weigh? Just checking
as you're only 13, the 26" would be difficult to handle if you were
only at around the minimum height level for it, a 24" might suit you
better if you're fairly short.

--
kington99

Dave

Old October 3rd 06, 07:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

I'm 170cm (67") tall and I weigh 47.1kg (7.8 stone).