Croatian MTB and Unicycle Downhill Cup

Old February 16th 07, 09:47 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
olarf

Default Croatian MTB and Unicycle Downhill Cup

CROATIAN MTB AND UNICYCLE DOWNHILL CUP

GRAčIšćE (\"HTTP://WWW.GRACISCE.HR/\"), 27TH - 29TH
APRIL 2007

Maybe as one of the first big DH races in Europe, the
Gračišće Downhill race will do a separate class for unicycles
this year. At 'istradh.com' (http://www.istradh.com) you can find some
information about the track and a lot of pictures from last year.
The track is 2132 meters long, starting at an altitude of 450m and
ending at an altitude of 100m with technical and speedy parts. You can
also win some amazing unicycle prizes.
Cost will be 20 € and for that you will get free camping and food which
we will specify more detail about soon. You will find a trials track
also and there is a lot of XC tracks around there. Also a trials
competition between bikes and Unis will be a part of the weekend.
They provide professional time measuring for the race and local TV is
there. David Weichenberger, the actual World Champion in Downhill,
supports us in planning and will try to ride there, also top riders
from Germany, Austria, Slovenia and France planning to come.

*So come on and 'sign in' (http://www.quadruvium.com/indexDHE.html) for
that great adventure.*

--
olarf

visit 'unicycle.tv' (http://www.unicycle.tv)
olarf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10588

Old February 16th 07, 10:16 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nathan

Too bad about the timing. We'll be unicycling through Croatia in
June...have fun whoever goes to this event. It sounds great.

---Nathan

--
nathan
nathan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/251

Old February 16th 07, 11:08 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
zippy

i have some land there, some really nice places to ride.

There really isn't a cheap option to get there unless you have a free
lift from treviso.

When i next go down it'll prob be driving and for over a mth as it
takes around 30hrs normal driving to get down there. And if your a
nutter on a motorbike around 20.

Sure i posted some info on one of the major parks on a mountain that
has lots of routes and really LONG.

I'm norm in the istria region.

--
zippy

sort out a group booking.

zippy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11885

Old February 16th 07, 11:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nickjb

What are the nearest airports? This sounds like fun

--
nickjb
nickjb's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1074

Old February 16th 07, 11:19 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
amanda.gallacher

Earlier, Olaf told me Rijeka is closest. Flights there seem reali bad.
Looks like to get there might have to fly to different airport, or do
it in two halves.

--
amanda.gallacher

--sorry für mein beschissenes deutsch--
'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)
'unicycle.com' (http://www.unicycle.uk.com)
amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009

Old February 16th 07, 11:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nickjb

Hmmm, Rejika would have been cheap a few months ago, Trieste isn't that
far but its two borders to cross

Old February 17th 07, 01:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
zippy

thompson doing poole soon.

2 borders take no time at all. it's trieste that is a pain it's like
Birmingham spaghetti junction hit with a bomb

actually checking map this is right around the corner from mine

Old February 17th 07, 01:16 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
zippy

Ok scrap that post.

I know the area very well, I've stayed at a really nice B&B. Super
clean and the biggest pillows of your life.

Svetlena is her name and if you mention me and unicycle she will
remember. It's across the palace.

If you going to drive down some time mention it to me and I'd love to
come down and have a hol.

I'll dig out some pics tomorrow.

Old February 17th 07, 01:48 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
apadoxhr

ok i am from croatia

closest airport are Pula and Rijeka

i know there are very cheap flight from UK to Pula 30-€ or so and
we can ogranize transport from pula to gracisce and also from Rijeka

the race is very temping, you get to compare your times withsome of the
top DH riders in Europ in uni and also in Bike . Trials is also there
and not to mention all the other people that will be there. If you seek
atention you can be sure that you will have it becouse all tv houses
and press will be there to see spectacle. If there are any interest we
can go one day after or before to north shore near Gracisce. i will
post all the videos and pics soon

videos

filmed before the race on first part of track

http://rapidshare.com/files/915084/DHgracisce.wmv.html

video report on one tv in croatia
'video link 1' (http://tinyurl.com/27vlml)

another video on that tv 'video link 2' (http://tinyurl.com/3aapss)

very silly par of race 'video link 3'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiKIg3iO0H0)

--
apadoxhr

10: apadox is legend;
20: GOTO10;
apadoxhr's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11084

Old February 17th 07, 02:10 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
apadoxhr

'pics 1' (http://tinyurl.com/295z42)

'pics 2' (http://tinyurl.com/34f89y)

'pics 3' (http://www.quadruvium.com/DH/Album/index.html)

--
apadoxhr

10: apadox is legend;
20: GOTO10;
apadoxhr's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11084

Croatian MTB and Unicycle Downhill Cup amanda.gallacher Unicycling 0 February 16th 07 10:01 PM
Better then downhill :) Hugo Mountain Biking 0 March 27th 06 10:34 PM
Drops to downhill jc_dunn Unicycling 2 March 9th 05 08:53 PM
Bedford Downhill Mountain Unicycle Brakes Darren Unicycling 27 January 20th 04 03:21 AM