This is all too true........(Read on)

Old December 8th 04, 12:56 PM
Pete S.

Default This is all too true........(Read on)

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 09:27:50 +0100, Michael Wolf
wrote:

You still forgot some obvious ones (for RS, that is):

- 3 Americans pointing out that it must have been a European light bulb,
as this would never happen to an American one

- 3 Europeans pointing out that it also happens to American ones too.

- 1 poster pointing out that they didn't use the (expensive) 'right
light bulbs' and that cost is for strokes

- 4 posters pointing out that they're quite happy with their individual
choice of light bulbs, that they made a conscious choice and that those
that think that there is only one right light bulb are acting like
religious zealots.

And could I take the opportunity to point out that they are not light
bulbs, they are lamps. Bulbs is what you put in the garden.

Pete S.

www.derwentelec.clara.co.uk
Old December 8th 04, 03:03 PM
small change

Alan Street wrote:
You forgot:

- 1 clueless newbie to cross-post the information to 5+ unrelated
newsgroups.

most importantly, no one googled to see if they were reposting old usenet
humor.

ps

Old December 8th 04, 04:47 PM
Wickeddoll®

"small change" wrote in message
Alan Street wrote:
You forgot:

- 1 clueless newbie to cross-post the information to 5+ unrelated
newsgroups.

most importantly, no one googled to see if they were reposting old usenet
humor.

ps

It was new to *me*, so it probably was new to a lot of others as well.

Natalie

Old December 8th 04, 05:48 PM
Firewalker

"Alan Street" wrote in message

You forgot:

- 1 clueless newbie to cross-post the information to 5+ unrelated
newsgroups.

Thanks Al, you're a peach.

Old December 8th 04, 05:51 PM
Firewalker

"Pete S." .spamuk wrote
in message ...
wrote:

You still forgot some obvious ones (for RS, that is):

- 3 Americans pointing out that it must have been a European light bulb,
as this would never happen to an American one

- 3 Europeans pointing out that it also happens to American ones too.

- 1 poster pointing out that they didn't use the (expensive) 'right
light bulbs' and that cost is for strokes

- 4 posters pointing out that they're quite happy with their individual
choice of light bulbs, that they made a conscious choice and that those
that think that there is only one right light bulb are acting like
religious zealots.

And could I take the opportunity to point out that they are not light
bulbs, they are lamps. Bulbs is what you put in the garden.

Pete S.

That's the spirit!

Old December 8th 04, 05:54 PM
Firewalker

Alan Street wrote:
You forgot:

- 1 clueless newbie to cross-post the information to 5+ unrelated
newsgroups.

most importantly, no one googled to see if they were reposting old usenet
humor.

That's included, sorta:

- 143 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions
about light bulbs"

Old December 8th 04, 06:31 PM
Dennis \(Icarus\)

Alan Street wrote:
You forgot:

- 1 clueless newbie to cross-post the information to 5+ unrelated
newsgroups.

most importantly, no one googled to see if they were reposting old usenet
humor.

Or we just didn't care ;-)

Dennis

ps

Old December 8th 04, 11:24 PM
Stephen Baker

Michael Wolf says:

So, your one of the 2 industry professionals, mentioned in the original
post? ;-)

That would be "you're", Mike... ;-)
Old December 10th 04, 02:16 AM
B i l l S o r n s o n

Stephen Baker wrote:
Dillon Pyron says:

You realize, I hope, that this joke is more that 20 years old?

And "The General" is waaaay older than that, but it is still the
funniest movie ever made. ;-)

You obviously never saw "Carry On Nurses".

Bill "I was young and impressionable" S.

Old December 10th 04, 10:59 AM
Stephen Baker

Sorni says:

You obviously never saw "Carry On Nurses".

Did, too! ;-)

Those "Carry on" films were funny for the first 1/2-hour, and then kind of
faded. After the fourth one came out, I stopped watching.

Steve

Why Can't Mountain Bikers Read? Gary S. Mountain Biking 19 April 23rd 04 11:19 PM
Read This....Please.... Cipher General 7 March 8th 04 10:36 PM
Hast. Gen. almost comes true! Kerry Nikolaisen General 14 October 7th 03 08:05 AM