FS: Modern Shimano cranksets

Old March 5th 08, 07:31 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Patrick Keogh

Default FS: Modern Shimano cranksets

I'm thinking about advertising on Ebay the following:
- Shimano 105 triple crankset 170mm. Modern (outboard bearing variant)
with little wear, less than 1000Km use.
- Ultegra double crankset 170mm. Modern (outboard bearing variant) with
around 600Km use.

I am posting here to get an idea to see if your collective wisdom can
suggest if I'm likely to find a buyer, and what sort of price I could
expect. I'm in Canberra, so freight would be a small issue for most
prospective customers.

I don't want to commit to ebay unless I'm likely to get a reasonable return.
Old March 5th 08, 09:56 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Tomasso[_2_]

Default Modern Shimano cranksets

"Patrick Keogh" wrote in message ...
I'm thinking about advertising on Ebay the following:
- Shimano 105 triple crankset 170mm. Modern (outboard bearing variant)
with little wear, less than 1000Km use.
- Ultegra double crankset 170mm. Modern (outboard bearing variant) with
around 600Km use.

I am posting here to get an idea to see if your collective wisdom can
suggest if I'm likely to find a buyer, and what sort of price I could
expect. I'm in Canberra, so freight would be a small issue for most
prospective customers.

I don't want to commit to ebay unless I'm likely to get a reasonable return.

OK, but what is "modern"? 105 groupset but 5400, 5500, 5600, .... Ultegra 6400, 6500, 6600, ...

8 sp, 9 sp.

The details for cranksets are important, because the BB lengths for Shimano vary depending on model number.

T.
Old March 5th 08, 11:27 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Patrick Keogh

Tomasso wrote:

OK, but what is "modern"? 105 groupset but 5400, 5500, 5600, ....
Ultegra 6400, 6500, 6600, ...

8 sp, 9 sp.
The details for cranksets are important, because the BB lengths for
Shimano vary depending on model number.

T.

Tomasso, thanks for the clarifying questions. Here is the updated detail.

- Shimano 105 FC-5504 triple crankset 30/42/52 170mm.
Comes with a BB-5500 68 sealed cartridge BB. L - R is 118.5.
Little wear, less than 1000Km use.

- Ultegra FC-6600 double crankset 39/53 170mm.
Modern (outboard bearing design) with around 5000Km use.
BB not included.