Clipless trikers?

Old December 13th 08, 02:07 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
[email protected][_2_]

Default Clipless trikers?

Hello,

I'd like to equip my recumbent trike with clipless pedals, and I'm
curious if any trikers here have done the same thing.

If so, do you like it? What kind of pedals did you get?

Thanks,
Cullen
Old December 13th 08, 07:18 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Peter Clinch

Jon Bendtsen wrote:

Yes, but normal pedals are also clipless because they
do not have a toe-clip either.

It's a bit like "road bike". You can be pedantic and say that
since a Brompton is designed for the road it msut be a road bike,
but if you ask any cyclist that isn't pedantic what "road bike"
means and you'll get back serious sports machinery. And so with
clipless pedals, which everyone knows means a lock-in mechanism
without a clip and strap. Even if you don't like the terms (and
the "road bike" one did bother me for quite some time before I
realised it really doesn't matter) then that's what they /mean/.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
Old December 13th 08, 07:45 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
32GO

On Dec 12, 9:07*pm, " wrote:
... I'm curious if any trikers here have [click-in pedals]. If so, do you like it?
What kind of pedals did you get?

In our trike shop, we insist that test riders on tadpoles use click-in
pedals,
even though for most of our customers it's a first time experience and
takes a bit of getting used to. But the safety factor of positive foot
retention
to prevent one slipping off and getting caught beneath the tadpole's
crossbeam. Aside from the initial learning process of using these
pedals,
there doesn't seem to be any significant downside. New shoes and
pedals
are available very cheaply ($50 to $100 for both, with typically much
better
quality than the OEM 'plain' pedals. Used stuff can almost always be
found more cheaply on eBay or Craig's List.

Shimano SPD compatible systems are by far the most popular, and make
it easy to switch trikes with another tadpole owner for brief test
rides. My
personal preference, however, is the egg-beater system originally sold
by
Crank Brothers.

Regards,
Wayne
3-2-GO: The Trike Store
Ventura CA
Old December 15th 08, 12:06 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
[email protected][_2_]

On Dec 13, 4:19*am, Jon Bendtsen wrote:
wrote:
Hello,

I'd like to equip my recumbent trike with clipless pedals, and I'm
curious if any trikers here have done the same thing.

If so, do you like it? What kind of pedals did you get?

ClipLESS. Less clip. This should language wise mean
pedals without clips. But it doesnt :-(

I bought the cheapest kind of clip pedals i could find.
Works fine. Make sure the clip under the shoe is aligned
CORRECT, else you might feel it during or after a long
trip.

Mine are clip on one side of the pedal, and normal pedal
on the other side. I have seen some pedals that are just
4 clips arround a cylinder.

JonB

What kind do you have? How much did you pay for them?

Thanks,
Cullen

Should I go clipless? dgk General 48 May 28th 05 04:23 PM
Gone Clipless DJ Australia 21 November 16th 04 04:00 PM
Going clipless cc Mountain Biking 17 June 13th 04 09:18 PM
Going Clipless iarocu UK 37 April 24th 04 04:41 PM
Clipless... joona Unicycling 47 January 14th 04 08:03 AM