LEMOND STRIKES AGAIN

Old August 17th 07, 01:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

Default LEMOND STRIKES AGAIN

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/19/sp...lay-floyd.html

Old August 17th 07, 03:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
KF

On Aug 17, 6:29 am, datakoll wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/19/sp...0819play-floyd....

A fascinating article (a bit overwritten) if only for the fact that it
seems to be a relatively complete treatment of Floyd's situtation
without resort to the bias, brief snippets, sound bites and repetition
(of accurate or inaccurate information) that are so pervasive in
current media.

I'm rooting for Floyd but I have no idea whether he did or didn't "do
it."

DR

Old August 17th 07, 10:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

itsa expansive sofa: room for flasher LeMond in cape, Vino, Raz,
Basso, ....

Old August 17th 07, 11:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Kenny

On Aug 17, 8:29 pm, datakoll wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/19/sp...0819play-floyd....

Good read. Thanks for the link.

Old August 18th 07, 02:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ozark Bicycle

On Aug 17, 9:18 pm, "Pat" wrote:

Good read. Thanks for the link.

It does make me wonder why LeMond keeps calling these high profile guys and
then his version of the conversation is always different from their
versions.

Maybe his "version" is the more accurate? Who has more to lose, Lemond
or Armstrong, Landis, etc.?

Is he off his nut or something? Can't stand to be out of the lime
light? My idea a long time ago was that he just can't stand for any American
to win the Tour after he won it. He seems to want to destroy any American
who dares to win the thing.

Where did you get those ideas?

Old August 18th 07, 03:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Pat[_3_]

Good read. Thanks for the link.

It does make me wonder why LeMond keeps calling these high profile guys and
then his version of the conversation is always different from their
versions. Is he off his nut or something? Can't stand to be out of the lime
light? My idea a long time ago was that he just can't stand for any American
to win the Tour after he won it. He seems to want to destroy any American
who dares to win the thing.

Pat in TX

Old August 18th 07, 04:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

Where did you get those ideas?

from the same hole Lemond and Landis were standing in.

Old August 18th 07, 05:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Aug 17, 11:38 pm, datakoll wrote:
Where did you get those ideas?

from the same hole Lemond and Landis were standing in.

Floyd ( if he did dope to win stage 17) would've been better off
settleing for 2nd or 3rd or whatever it would've been; even last.
Can't imagine how ANYONE would want to risk everything and end up like
floyd now- good anti-doping mascot

Old August 18th 07, 11:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ozark Bicycle

On Aug 17, 11:04 pm, wrote:
On Aug 17, 11:38 pm, datakoll wrote:

Where did you get those ideas?

from the same hole Lemond and Landis were standing in.

Floyd ( if he did dope to win stage 17) would've been better off
settleing for 2nd or 3rd or whatever it would've been; even last.
Can't imagine how ANYONE would want to risk everything and end up like
floyd now- good anti-doping mascot

Landis never struck me the Sharpest-Tool-in-the-Shed. Maybe he thought
he was doing something to cover his tracks (like testosterone with a
Jack Daniels chaser?).

Old August 18th 07, 02:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Reid

Pat wrote:

You totally missed my point. Why is this over-the-hill out of the limelight
guy calling whoever is in the news on the telephone and then going back to
the reporters to give a totally different version of the call?

Armstrong called Lemond. E.g.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=1841300

Landis called Lemond. E.g. http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/12271.0.html

Initially, Lemond praised Landis as being "clean" and a "great guy."

BTW, I don't think Ozark missed your point.

LEMOND STRIKES AGAIN! datakoll Racing 0 August 17th 07 01:24 PM
N+1 strikes again Duracell Bunny Australia 13 September 25th 06 05:44 AM
Scamdium strikes again! Phil Lee, Squid Techniques 23 July 30th 06 04:02 PM
Miranda Devine strikes again. geoffs Australia 38 June 20th 06 03:12 AM
Dario Frigo...epo strikes again! MikeyOz Australia 0 July 13th 05 10:16 AM