Reminder to the cycling newsgroups from Mr. Ed the Grate - IX

Old November 28th 07, 12:38 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Default Reminder to the cycling newsgroups from Mr. Ed the Grate - IX

Edward Dolan wrote:
By the way, don't depend on the Two Toms for anything. They have ever proven
themselves to be cowards when push comes to shove. Ed Gin (the criminal
vandal troll who destroyed ARBR) made short work of both of them and I am a
student of Ed Gin....

Ed Gin was not the author of the Johnny NoCom posts, so the above does
not make any sense.

"Localized intense suction such as tornadoes is created when temperature
differences are high enough between meeting air masses, and can impart
excessive energy onto a cyclist." - Randy Schlitter
Old November 28th 07, 12:49 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

Default Reminder to the cycling newsgroups from Ed Dolan the Great -IX

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:
By the way, don't depend on the Two Toms for anything. They have ever
proven themselves to be cowards when push comes to shove. Ed Gin (the
criminal vandal troll who destroyed ARBR) made short work of both of them
and I am a student of Ed Gin....

Ed Gin was not the author of the Johnny NoCom posts, so the above does not
make any sense.

Says you. Jim McNamara is the expert on Ed Gin and he says otherwise.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old November 28th 07, 12:58 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Jon[_2_]

Default ARBR shifters [was: Reminder]

"Tom Sherman" wrote
Edward Dolan wrote:
Ed Gin [...] destroyed ARBR

Ed Gin was not the author of the Johnny NoCom posts, so the above does not
make any sense.

Authorship or ISP/IP associations notwithstanding, the NoCom posts
didn't destroy ARBR:

1) It's still here.
2) The "habitat destruction" aspect of the content and participant
shift in ARBR was in progress if not complete well prior to
the NoCom storm.
3) Other forums exist as alternatives.

As for shifters, I'm generally quite satisfied with SRAM grip-style
shifters.

Jon

Old November 28th 07, 04:56 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
32GO

Default ARBR Shape Shifters

Hey guys -

The TROLL, very atypically, as it continues to dully
descend into the depressing depths of senile dementia,
declares:

Jim McNamara is the expert on [NAME WITHHELD TO PROTECT
THE (POSSIBLY) INNOCENT] and he says otherwise.

I believe that Jim's primary assertion to expertise on
this newsgroup is his unpleasantly in-depth experience
with and acerbic analysis of the TROLL itself; should we
therefore accept all Jim says of the TROLL as immutable,
unimpeachable truth?

On SUBJECT shifting: The original subject of this thread
may at first glance have seemed ridiculously preposterous,
but I can perhaps clarify that to some extent. The TROLL,
wallowing in the self-misery of those muddled, minimal
mental impressions it struggles to consider 'thoughts',
exacerbated by its pathetic inability to type more than
two or three lines without egregious ego-busting errata,
may now be using its own kind of strange shorthand as an
aid to stave off total failure in that wretched race to
capture its fleeting, fuzzy feelings forever(?) in the
archives of ARBR. For example:

Reminder... from Ed Dolan...

in its full form should read:

Repetitiously mindless nattering from an ED-afflicted
old man...

The TROLL's seminality, like its tritely, tiresomely
trumpeted 'greatness', is highly suspect at best. Just
ask JimmyMac!

Regards,
Wayne
Old November 29th 07, 12:49 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Jon Meinecke wrote:
"Tom Sherman" wrote
Edward Dolan wrote:
Ed Gin [...] destroyed ARBR

Ed Gin was not the author of the Johnny NoCom posts, so the above does not
make any sense.

Authorship or ISP/IP associations notwithstanding, the NoCom posts
didn't destroy ARBR:

1) It's still here.

Agreed.

2) The "habitat destruction" aspect of the content and participant
shift in ARBR was in progress if not complete well prior to
the NoCom storm.

Due in large part to Mr. Ed the Grate.

3) Other forums exist as alternatives.

butbutbut, these are moderated forums.

As for shifters, I'm generally quite satisfied with SRAM grip-style
shifters.

While not displeased with my examples of SRAM Grip-Shift (5.0, 7.0,
Plasma) when the indexing is correctly adjusted, nothing better than
Shimano bar-end shifters has been invented.

Old November 29th 07, 02:03 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"Jon" wrote in message
"Tom Sherman" wrote
Edward Dolan wrote:
Ed Gin [...] destroyed ARBR

Ed Gin was not the author of the Johnny NoCom posts, so the above does
not make any sense.

Authorship or ISP/IP associations notwithstanding, the NoCom posts
didn't destroy ARBR:

1) It's still here.

Yes, it is still here but in a greatly attenuated form. It never fully
recovered from the assault of Ed Gin.

2) The "habitat destruction" aspect of the content and participant
shift in ARBR was in progress if not complete well prior to
the NoCom storm.

Yes, you are quite right about that. Liberals like Tom Sherman had taken
over the group and I determined to put a stop to them. That definitely
changed the nature of the group. Those who formerly put up with liberals
decided they did not want any part of the battle and so they left. That was
really the beginning of the end of ARBR. But Ed Gin gave it the final blow.

3) Other forums exist as alternatives.

Unmoderated newsgroups just don't work. They never have and they never will
because of the way human nature is constituted. If you want to discuss
anything seriously, you simply MUST go to a moderated forum which will have
an editor who will screen what gets said.
[...]

Old November 29th 07, 03:00 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Jon Meinecke wrote:
"Tom Sherman" wrote
Edward Dolan wrote:
Ed Gin [...] destroyed ARBR
Ed Gin was not the author of the Johnny NoCom posts, so the above does
not make any sense.

Authorship or ISP/IP associations notwithstanding, the NoCom posts
didn't destroy ARBR:

1) It's still here.

Agreed.

2) The "habitat destruction" aspect of the content and participant
shift in ARBR was in progress if not complete well prior to
the NoCom storm.

Due in large part to Mr. Ed the Grate.

Due in large part to Tom Sherman and all his liberal cohorts who posted
nothing but anti-Bush and anti-conservative messages. That is no longer the
case since I began posting, but eternal vigilance is necessary. You can
never trust a liberal to behave decently for long.

3) Other forums exist as alternatives.

butbutbut, these are moderated forums.

A moderated forum would eliminate 90% of your senseless, silly messages and
100% of my rants. This would only benefit types like Jon Meinecke who does
not like to wrestle in the mud like you and I do.

Jon Meinecke is just about the only fair poster that ARBR has ever had in my
not so humble opinion. He does not indulge his killer instinct like you and
I do. That is because he is civilized and we aren't.
[...]