Level 4 360 degree turn - what can I get away with?

Old October 17th 03, 01:22 AM
Jules

Default Level 4 360 degree turn - what can I get away with?

What do I have to do to 'pass' the 360 degree turn? If I can do a 360
turn by going pedal-stop-pedal (i.e. two 180 degree turns in quick
succession), is that cheating? Does it have to be one smooth pedal all
the way around?

Old October 19th 03, 11:37 PM
Klaas Bil

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 00:22:00 GMT, Jules wrote:

What do I have to do to 'pass' the 360 degree turn? If I can do a 360
turn by going pedal-stop-pedal (i.e. two 180 degree turns in quick
succession), is that cheating? Does it have to be one smooth pedal all
the way around?

You are allowed a circle with a diameter of 1 metre to do your 360 in,
so you can make more than one (smooth or not) pedal. It is not allowed
to go backwards, just forward, otherwise you could idle and turn
gradually. I'm not sure if stopping is allowed but as long as you
maintain some forward speed between your two 180 turns you should be
OK.

The circumference of the max allowed turning circle of 1 m is such
that with a 1 m (39") diameter wheel you need one full revolution
(i.e. 2 pedal strokes) to ride it. There's logic... So with a 20"
wheel you have almost 4 pedal strokes!

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
Grizzly bear droppings have bells in them and smell like pepper spray. - UniBrier

Old October 20th 03, 12:37 AM
joona

That sounds a little easier than I tought it would be. My guess on the
diameter was a absolut maximum of 25" or something like that. I can just
do it with the radius of 25" (again, just a guess).

--
joona - )-O --Neat

Faster, Higher, Unicycler
joona's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4436

Old October 21st 03, 12:47 AM
super_evill

I can't do that, I just learned to 180 around. I'll have to practice
that.

--
super_evill - Level 3

"Whadda ya want me to do, whack a guy, off a guy, whackoff a guy, cuz
I'm married"- Peter Griffin
super_evill's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4492