carbon fiber/aluminum frame

Old December 19th 08, 07:30 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

Default carbon fiber/aluminum frame

hmmm
this is a pretty sweet deal you have going here.

--
skrobo

Unicycle For Christ

'MY VIDEOS' (http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=skroboskim)
'World Record' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oig5IEq-v4Y)
"dude when i first got into this sport and saw one of you videos i
almost threw up it was so sick"
Old December 20th 08, 09:48 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
drumstuck

Well done on getting this far. I have seen enough to know I will be a
potential customer for a coker frame if you get to the finish line.

What is the outside diameter of the tube just out of interest?

--
drumstuck
Old December 20th 08, 09:55 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
drumstuck

Might be worth finding out what is needed to make the dropouts schlumpf
compatible, someone on here will know. I can possiby dig out the answer
- let me know. Also, if it is possible to add the facility to fit
V-brakes/Maguras might be worth looking into at this point. PACE do a
carbon fork and sell a brake mount that fits this as a spare part, btw.
It has to be fitted with a torque wrench so as not to damage the CF, but
if the OD of your tube as it passes the rim is the same, and not
ovalised at this point, then you will have the option to add brakes. I
will get you the OD of their fork if you want.

--
drumstuck
Old December 20th 08, 11:07 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicyclerman

we are working on getting the 20 " frame first then once we have that we
are going to make coker frames and such. as long as the distance
between the bearings is the same we should just need to make the legs
longer. i need to get a coker wheelset before we can move into this
however. so if anyone has a decent 36 wheelset they are willing to part
with for cheap let me know. when we do the 36 frame we are definitely
going to try and set it up for magura brakes we will just have to wait
till we have a wheelset to set it up with. oh and if i remember right
the OD of the tubing is about 1.18".

--
unicyclerman

hey wanna ride my koxx
Old January 11th 09, 12:20 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Smilymarco

Any new infos on this stuff? Cant wait for the full frame with weight
and stuff.

--
Smilymarco

'Municycle.com' (http://www.municycle.com)
Lesen - Denken - Posten
Old January 11th 09, 02:27 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pedrotejada

Smilymarco;1168383 wrote:
Any new infos on this stuff? Cant wait for the full frame with weight
and stuff.

+1!

But just a tip: Your design may not work for trials street and flat!
Riders wants a really small tire clearance and a frame where you don't
hit your legs.

If the top of the crowns is too big for sure that will happen.

Just as reference: Some top riders used a file on XTP frames, cause
they were hitting the knee on the serial number! An it was like 2 or 3mm
bigger...

Go for it, since the best part is learning how to work and the pleasure
of riding it, but if you want to sell it in the future, may some
improvements will be nice!

Bye and Keep us updated!

--
pedrotejada