carbon fiber/aluminum frame

Old November 27th 08, 09:10 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
sxbud138

Default carbon fiber/aluminum frame

does your brother work in the motocross\sx or the road bike industry ?
maybe i know him ?

--
sxbud138
Old November 27th 08, 09:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Any Terrain

Nice to hear he will test it. You would be able to do any lenght got
longnecks right? (even if it isnt long, 240cm)

Now I need some money.

--
Any Terrain

2nd Place*)---SuperWrap-'O,*
Old November 27th 08, 09:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicyclerman

sxbud138;1139339 wrote:
does your brother work in the motocross\sx or the road bike industry ?
maybe i know him ?

no he builds cosworth racing engines and vintage racing engines. no
motorcycles

--
unicyclerman

hey wanna ride my koxx
Old November 27th 08, 09:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicyclerman

Any Terrain;1139340 wrote:
Nice to hear he will test it. You would be able to do any lenght got
longnecks right? (even if it isnt long, 240cm)

Now I need some money.

ya i can do anything you want.

--
unicyclerman

hey wanna ride my koxx
Old November 27th 08, 09:18 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
sxbud138

Well the frame sounds cool, good luck !
Post pics soon !

--
sxbud138
Old November 27th 08, 10:14 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
timekeeper

Sounds like a worthwhile endeavor. I think a lot of people would be
willing to pay over 200 if it survives stress testing and is lighter
than a KH. I'm curious to see how this goes.

--
timekeeper
Old November 28th 08, 07:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

Isnt carbonfiber rather prone to chipping, cracking and getting
punctures when its hit into a rock or ledge?

--
Jerrick

'*305$ /$549.99*'
(http://tinyurl.com/6ywusa) *Press Alt+F4 to fix post
stretch.*[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC]JC~
Old November 28th 08, 08:18 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
saskatchewanian

not to burst anyone's bubble but I don't think that carbon would really
be a suitable material for trials frames.

Like Jerrick said Carbon fiber frames do not handle sharp impacts from
the side very well. I also think that the CNC crown will likely
eliminate the weight savings of the short carbon legs.

On a larger frame it might make more sense. I would like to one day
build a custom carbon V frame for a 36er

While it may not make that much sense to build a carbon/aluminum trials
uni it would still sell because:

Custom = Cool
Carbon fiber = Cool
Nice CNC bits = Cool

And it sounds like you have a good team to work with.

--
saskatchewanian
Old November 28th 08, 09:00 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
drumstuck

I could be in for a coker frame if you are interested in making one

--
drumstuck
Old November 28th 08, 10:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Pseudonym

I saw an awesome titanium/CF mix on a bike frame. It had an internal
carbon fibre skeleton surrounded with metal.

I've had a google and found 'THIS' (http://tinyurl.com/5ts2cr) which
shows you what I mean. I doubt you'd be able to make a similar set up
for unicycles with the different stresses and all, but it's a nice
thought.

--
Pseudonym