Noise coming from kh20

Old December 24th 08, 10:49 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ergolicious

Default Noise coming from kh20

I was riding my kh20 and I noticed a dinging noise coming from it (like
metal on metal). I checked the seat bolts, but that wasn't it, I also
checked to see if it was the seat string with the plastic tip hitting
the seat post. I'm not sure where it's coming from, I'm guessing maybe a
loose eye-let on the wheel, but other than that I don't know what could
be causing it.

--
Ergolicious

aka Ergo
Old December 24th 08, 10:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pedrotejada

Ergolicious;1157237 wrote:
I was riding my kh20 and I noticed a dinging noise coming from it (like
metal on metal). I checked the seat bolts, but that wasn't it, I also
checked to see if it was the seat string with the plastic tip hitting
the seat post. I'm not sure where it's coming from, I'm guessing maybe a
loose eye-let on the wheel, but other than that I don't know what could
be causing it.

An unitight spoke Happened with me a while ago, I probably forgot to
tigh only one, and it started to make a weird nois...

Check your spokes

--
pedrotejada

'*Kris Holm Unicycles*' (http://www.krisholm.com)

*Brazilian Unicycling Team*
Old December 24th 08, 11:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ergolicious

I haven't had it that long, I guess a spoke may have gotten loose, I
haven't tightened any though.

--
Ergolicious

aka Ergo
Old December 25th 08, 02:16 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unisykolist

If it isn't the spokes...
It could be the pedal, it could be loose, or if you have loose pins,
they can make a noise too.
Make sure everything is tightened.

--
Unisykolist

Perfected...360 Unispins - Hop up 3 pallets
Going to UniNats 2009
www.unisykolist.piczo.com
-Style of riding:- Street and Trials
Old December 25th 08, 01:46 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unicorn

Seat post not tightened to saddle
seatpost not tightened to rail
Rail adaptor not tightened to saddle
Bumper handle not tightened to saddle
Bearing caps not tightened
Pedal not tightened to Crank
Bad bearings in Pedal
Crank not tightened to Hub
Loose Spokes

--
Unicorn

Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the pedals, and you will
accomplish great feats!

'The Unicycling Commune' (http://tinyurl.com/3xkd8d)
Old December 25th 08, 05:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ergolicious

I think it's the pedals, I'll try tightening them up.

--
Ergolicious

aka Ergo
Old January 3rd 09, 04:58 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
asthian

I was just going to post a thread on this exact topic. The same thing
has been happening to my KH 20. Now I don't need to bother posting a new
thread...in fact, this whole reply was pretty useless as well. Anywho,
thanks for the tips everybody.

--
asthian

There's always free cheddar in a mousetrap, baby, it's a deal.
Old January 3rd 09, 05:01 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

its loose spokes.
new pedals don't [normally] make noise.

--